Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Origins the name of the new TV show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    He doesn't know about Heightmeyer. I'll get your tissues FH
    *happily sails on the river Denial*
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      *happily sails on the river Denial*
      I never understood that furry animal on the shoulder...
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        I never understood that furry animal on the shoulder...
        It's a shrill and ill-informed lemming (according to Mallozzi at one point in time before the start of season 4, I think). As it turned out, afterwards, the lemmings weren't so shrill and ill-informed after all.
        I can't remember who but someone started referring to me as the Lemming, and then it all started to have a life on its own.

The Lemming is owned by Heightmeyer and its favorite food is sugar, however this will lead to its favorite passtime which is eating McKay's cables.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg View Post
          *blows dust off keyboard and logs into Gateworld*

It's as if I've been in a deep slumber for 5 years and suddenly there were four...[spin offs].
          Same. It's been too long. THE LONG NIGHT HAS ENDED.

Comment

So, basically the same format as BSG: Blood and Chrome, right?
            And how old Katherine are we talking?

Comment

Originally posted by ESESEL View Post
              If she has to have adventures, I reckon early twenties.

Comment

So, basically the same format as BSG: Blood and Chrome, right?
                In a way, yes. Though i'm hoping that they don't back out of this half-way the same way as Blood and Chrome.

Considering the timeline, 20's to 30's. The Gate was uncovered in the 1920's if i recall, and the movie took place somewhere in 1995 or so. So early 30's at the most.
                Originally posted by K2323 View Post
                Same. It's been too long. THE LONG NIGHT HAS ENDED.
                If it fails, the night will be even longer. I mean sure this came about 15 years earlier than i expected, but still. Be cautiously optimistic.

Comment

Hello all I am cautiously optimistic about this still a little iffy about who they are starting with even though I like the character but I am glad MGM finally got a clue that the tv franchise is more popular and more profitable than the movies and that RE and DD are not involved with it I am glad their reboot got shelved
                  sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                    Hello all I am cautiously optimistic about this still a little iffy about who they are starting with even though I like the character but I am glad MGM finally got a clue that the tv franchise is more popular and more profitable than the movies...
                    If that were really true they would have not put it behind a pay-wall to kickstart their digital platform -- which automatically excludes everyone who isn't in the US.
                    Besides, they chose footage from the E&D Stargate film to tease the audience. There wasn't a single shot in there from SG1.

Comment

The pay thing will more than likely rule me out....going to have to take a lot more than what has been shown to get me to pay out yet....also as I live in the UK I'm not holding out hope that I'll get to see much of it anyway..
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                        The pay thing will more than likely rule me out....going to have to take a lot more than what has been shown to get me to pay out yet....also as I live in the UK I'm not holding out hope that I'll get to see much of it anyway..
                        Maybe you'll be in luck, and they'll release it on Netflix.

Comment

I'm old..I don't even use Netflix....I pay my annual Licence Fee for the BBC and have Virgin Cable...that's it.....my son has Netflix though so he'll be pleased as he's a big Stargate fan
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                            It sounds like it maybe a global thing. I'm UK based too and am hoping I can access it, however they distribute it.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

They said they were still trying to work out international distribution so hopefully all fans can enjoy it.

As for the pay wall, they said some itens will come at a cost right? They never confirmed Origins would be at a cost. Although I suppose that is the most likely scenario

Comment

I dunno. They may want to use the shorts to entice new viewers into purchasing digital rentals of the full series?
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X