Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Origins the name of the new TV show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Err guys, why would MGM have to trademark Stargate when it already is theirs and trademarked?
    They have the copyrights to Stargate, but they have to trademark a title as "Stargate Origins" separately. Trademark is different than copyright. Only the names ("Stargate SG-1", "Stargate Atlantis" and such) have to be trademarked (either the TM or R mark following the name). Technically, I can use the name Stargate as long as it doesn't refer to this particular concept. In fact, there is a Stargate Studios (responsible for VFX for The Walking Dead), and EVE Online uses a "Stargate" with that exact spelling.

Comment

Err guys, why would MGM have to trademark Stargate when it already is theirs and trademarked?
      Stargate Origins. Not Stargate.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

One thing I am hopeful about is that it won't be a reboot or anything. Everything they've been doing with this reveal seems to suggest its set in the Two-Ls Universe.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17 View Post
          One thing I am hopeful about is that it won't be a reboot or anything. Everything they've been doing with this reveal seems to suggest its set in the Two-Ls Universe.
          "The Two-Ls Universe?" Is that the TV series continuity?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
            "The Two-Ls Universe?" Is that the TV series continuity?
            I think it's a reference to Jack's obsession with how many "l"s are in his last name and a badge that contradicts that.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

in the Dean Devlin, Roland Emmerich made movie it was 'Jack' O'Neil' with on l, on the tv series it was Jack O'Neill with 2 l's.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                I think it's a reference to Jack's obsession with how many "l"s are in his last name and a badge that contradicts that.
                Originally posted by Arend(BE) View Post
                in the Dean Devlin, Roland Emmerich made movie it was 'Jack' O'Neil' with on l, on the tv series it was Jack O'Neill with 2 l's.
                Oh, okay. I'd never heard that term before. Thanks for the replies!

Comment

I think it was a name of the poster's own invention
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Yet valid none the less

Comment

Who said it wasn't
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

12 minutes people!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          This came up in another thread a few months ago. It was nonsense then, and as the only "source" here is Reddit, I'm inclined to think it's still nonsense.

It'd be nice to be wrong, but the 'evidence' so far holds about as much water as the proverbial deranged homeless man ranting about the end of the world.
                          I will gladly eat my own words here:

Stargate Origins is a real thing and I was wrong
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                            They have the copyrights to Stargate, but they have to trademark a title as "Stargate Origins" separately. Trademark is different than copyright. Only the names ("Stargate SG-1", "Stargate Atlantis" and such) have to be trademarked (either the TM or R mark following the name). Technically, I can use the name Stargate as long as it doesn't refer to this particular concept. In fact, there is a Stargate Studios (responsible for VFX for The Walking Dead), and EVE Online uses a "Stargate" with that exact spelling.
                            Doh... good point. I forgot about that tidbit.

There's also a book called The Stargate Conspiricies, which actually references SG1.

Stargate Origins it is -- 10 episodes, 10 minutes long so basically a webseries.
                            First 10 minutes are for Doctor Langford.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Stargate Origins it is -- 10 episodes, 10 minutes long so basically a webseries.
                              First 10 minutes are for Doctor Langford.
                              10 minute blocks adding up to a 100 min movie (so yes basically a webseries), but GW's story says it's all about Catherine Langford.

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2017/...rgate-origins/
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Oh... I saw Langford and 10 minute episodes -- thought it was a different subject each episode.

In that case, even less stargate travelling happening, unless they include her boyfriend (played by McGillion in Torment of Tantalus).
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X