Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Origins the name of the new TV show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
    There are accessories that you can buy so you can stream on your TV. And this may not help you at the moment but more and more TVs are coming with the capacity to do so built in.
    Nothing that a simple HDMI cable can't fix. Just hook the laptop to the TV with that bad boy and you can watch anything. But still, the point is you have to buy a bazillion things for each show. Soon enough, that will turn into a disincentive and people will stop buying and what used to bring in big money will only bring in okay money and then degenerate from there. Unless cable companies offer bulk subscriptions and basically return to the old TV model...just with the ability to access programming with a TV or device and at any desired time.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Pirating business will be boomin' again, I reckon.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Did it ever stop?
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
          There are accessories that you can buy so you can stream on your TV. And this may not help you at the moment but more and more TVs are coming with the capacity to do so built in.
          I actually need to look at all of the extras on my TV. I only use the Amazon and Netflix features so far. I know there's Hulu as well, but I don't know if there's a "browser" that would let me access the Stargate Command stuff.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Did it ever stop?
            I didn't say it stopped and plenty is still pirated but many people have more options to stream legally.

However, if every production house decides to have their own streaming channel and ask people to buy access, the biz of pirating will probably go up again.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              Nothing that a simple HDMI cable can't fix. Just hook the laptop to the TV with that bad boy and you can watch anything. But still, the point is you have to buy a bazillion things for each show. Soon enough, that will turn into a disincentive and people will stop buying and what used to bring in big money will only bring in okay money and then degenerate from there. Unless cable companies offer bulk subscriptions and basically return to the old TV model...just with the ability to access programming with a TV or device and at any desired time.
              Think of those people who have laptops without an HDMI connection on it. If you get one of those super thin laptops...they don't have HDMI connections. Thankfully...my laptop has a wide array of connections.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                Think of those people who have laptops without an HDMI connection on it. If you get one of those super thin laptops...they don't have HDMI connections. Thankfully...my laptop has a wide array of connections.
                Then those aren't really laptops, just over glorified tablets with keyboards.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

They have mini USB connections for which you can buy cables -- mini usb to HDMI.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    Then those aren't really laptops, just over glorified tablets with keyboards.
                    This is true.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    They have mini USB connections for which you can buy cables -- mini usb to HDMI.
                    Uggg...yet more things to buy! This would mean less money to spend on my lizards!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      Uggg...yet more things to buy! This would mean less money to spend on my lizards!
                      Lizards take priority over cables.

Comment

Lizards take priority over cables.
                        Yes...my four iguanas take priority! As well as my dogs and kid!
                        sigpic

Comment

You got your priorities straightened out -- is that in order of importance?

Comment

I found something interesting in the app. If you don't have an all-access pass, and you try to watch an episode, it asks you to subscribe. There's a button that takes you to a page with information about a monthly ($2.99) or yearly ($29.99) subscription.

Edit: the app is also not immediately blocking the payment option, even though it knows my account's location. I haven't clicked buy yet, who knows what's going to happen.
                            Last edited by NickEast; 20 September 2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I own all seasons on DVD -- not gonna happen.

(except for SGA season 4 and 5, and SGU -- which I'm not interested in acquiring just yet)

Comment

I own all seasons on DVD -- not gonna happen.

(except for SGA season 4 and 5, and SGU -- which I'm not interested in acquiring just yet)

I wonder, does their subscription thing include commentaries and such that would be found in those DVD's?
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X