No announcement yet.

SGA story, a paragraph per post...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile, mckay had discovered something interesting. "John, i've discovered something intersting." Mckay said as he pressed a button. "It looks like this is a military outpost. They were designing some sort of wraith mutaion gas. I don't really know what the gas was surposed to do yet, but it looks like it was made to shrink them down."
    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
    sigpic

Comment

"What - you mean like, 'Honey I Shrunk the Wraith'? You've gotta be kidding me..." said Sheppard.
      They could hear McKay's exasperation even over the radio.
      "Not 'shrink' them, literally! But reduce their numbers. It's part of a whole section about Wraith breeding programmes...but there's pages of it. It'll take days to unravel this stuff. There's a lab out to the west that seems to have been where they were doing most of the experiments if we could...?" McKay sounded hopeful.
      "Wait, wait..." said Sheppard. "We'll meet up, and then head out there in a group. Download any information you want, we're...oh...five minutes away."

Comment

As john appeared with a monkeycat on his shoulder, rodney was ready to go. They set off to the western side of the complex. "So, do you know what planet we're on?" John asked, trying to make smalltalk for the journey. Mckay replied with a simple "no." "Do you know how long it'll take to get there?" John asked. "About a few minutes." Giving up small talk, john started to fidle with the safety on his P-90.
        sigpic

Comment

"Ah. Well, this isn't helpful," said McKay.
          They came to a halt as they rounded a corner and nearly ran into a pile of rubble. The ceiling of the corridor had caved in - probably some time ago, as grass was already growing over it, and the metal had oxidised and darkened.
          "We can climb over," said Ronon. "There's a gap..."
          "Wait - is it stable?" said Sheppard.
          McKay poked a the rubble with a stick and shrugged.
          "It's been there a long time...it's hard to tell."

Comment

Lorne started shaking his head.

"Facing rubble isn't exactly good thing for teams in the Stargate program." McKay gave him a disbelieving look.

"Don't tell me you're superstitious, Major."

"I'm just saying, McKay, that in the past, teams and rubble do not mix." Giving Lorne an amused look Sheppard took a few steps towards the pile, testing a few rocks to see if they would move.

"Well, we can either move all this by hand, use a small amount of C4 to blast it out, or find another way. Who wants what?"
            ~Bushy~

"Look, you don't know me. This is when I'm at my best. This is when I shine: impossible deadlines."
            Dr. Meredith Rodney McKay
            -
            "That doesn’t matter! You’re hostages! We’re your…we’re your captors! We’re heavily armed! There’s rules! There’s a whole school of etiquette to this!"
            Dr. Daniel Jackson
            -
            "My name is Dean Winchester. I'm an Aquarius. I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach, and frisky women."
            Dean Winchester

Comment

McKay tapped away on the surface of his tablet.
              "Well...," he gestured to the left, "I can maybe plot a course round this way, and we can avoid it altogether. It's an extra...oh...25, 25 minutes onto our time, though."
              Lorne and Sheppard exchanged a glance.
              "Well, for the sake of the good Major's blood pressure, I think we could probably take a bit of a walk..." said Sheppard.
              "Fine, fine, follow me then," said McKay absentmindedly, trotting off down the next corridor.

Comment

They walked for a while then turned another corner to see a hole in the side of the wall. It looked out over a lovely green forest canopy. John fingered it carefully. "It looks fresh." He said as he pulled his finger away from the heat of the red metal. "and feels fresh as well. Mckay, is that a wraith hive ship?" John asked as he saw the spine of hive stuck into the ground, there were many more of these in their view as well.
                sigpic

Comment

"You've got to be kidding me," said McKay. "Yes, it looks like it..."
                  They stepped back from the gap quickly into the relative shade of the building.
                  Sheppard peered briefly round the corner again.
                  "It looks pretty old too...must've crashed into the ocean back when there still was one. Think it'll still have any...occupants?"
                  McKay looked concerned.
                  "Well...we know that Wraith Queen survived underwater. And we know they can hibernate if there isn't any food. And it doesn't seem too badly damaged...so..."
                  Sheppard nodded.
                  "Yeah. We can't take any chances. Though they're down there, and we're up here. And we can't get down without a jumper. Pity the jumper bay was empty..."

Comment

Rodney tapped away on his tablet.
                    "After we finish checking out the western pier maybe we should check out the underwater jumper bay... I mean, I know there isn't any water here any more but the bay may be accessible?" He said in an absent minded manner. "Oh hey, I translated the text on the 'shrinking tech'... what it seems to do is cause the Organic Tech Wraith use to shrivel up and die...hmmm..." and he carried on reading rapidly, occasionally making little 'huh' sounds. Meanwhile his russet coloured catmonkey nibbled his vest straps and purred happily.
                    sig by me

Comment

"So, either the base is floating, or we are purched in the trees?" Teyla asked with a tad bit of sarcasm in her voice. "Let us keep moving to find out what this 'gas' does."
                      As teyla walk ahead, john noticed that lorne's head was looking rather lower than the back of teyla's head. John clapped him in the ear and pointed forward. A monkeycat jumped through and landed on mckay's head.
                      "I feel like a zoo." he said as he looked at the two monkeycats.

(aaahhh! it happens again!)
                      sigpic

Comment

"Ok, how much further to the lab, McKay," said Sheppard.
                        "Just round this corner," said McKay, scratching the catmonkey's head in an absent-minded fashion. "Aha...though here."
                        The doors slid open as smoothly as if the Ancient scientists had closed them the day before, instead of centuries ago. The lab was carefully draped in protective sheeting, and the lights came on automatically as they filed in.
                        "Right," said McKay, rubbing his hands together. "Let's see what we've got..."

Comment

McKay rolled his eyes at Teyla as he sighed and launched into full lecture mode.
                          "If this place is as similar to Atlantis as it appears to be then the 'underwater' section is actually about 8-10 stories, the jumper bay doors were in the second story below the water line... ergo unless the *entire* base of the city is buried in the sea bed there is a good chance those doors will be clear, they should be on the southern side which doesn't appear to have much in the way of plant life either, infact from what I can see there are very few actual trees, mostly small shrubs and grasses" Rodney sighed in a matyred fashion and absently rubbed the catmonkeys head, smiling as Joe jumped back to John and started grooming his hair.
                          "Ah hah!" Rodney exclaimed with glee. "This is the right lab, though will take me a few moments to get the consoles fully working, you guys can cut the vines back" And he started fiddling with the crystals under the main table.
                          sig by me

Comment

Mckay looked in horror at the large lemon like fruit sitting on the console before him. He asked john "can you move that for me?" john chuckled and picked it up. His hands started to swell up and his lips became rather red. "i vot ah nuntung!" He mummbled as his lips became mcuh larger. "Ha ha." lorne said as he kicked the large fruit towards to wall. "Thanks lorne." Mckay said. He looked over the large control pannel and saw a rather large red button. Hipnotised by it, he pressed it down and a/an -
                            Last edited by Experiment 442; 31 May 2009, 09:56 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

[Gah! Finish your sentences! I don't know what's going on in your head, son!]

...moniter beeped softly.
                              "Now we're getting somewhere," said McKay in satisfaction. He pushed aside more of the ubiquitous vines and looked sideways. "Is anyone going to help me with these?"
                              Ronon pulled out his gun and grinned.
                              "By hand!" said McKay quickly.
                              "Joke..." said Ronon, pulling out his knife and sawing through the tough stems, clearing the way for McKay to check more of the equipment.
                              "Well?" said Sheppard impatiently.
                              "Yup...it looks as though the Ancients were experimenting with a compound that could literally wither Wraith technology," said McKay thoughtfully. "It looks quite promising..."
                              Last edited by Alder; 31 May 2009, 10:42 AM.

Comment

"Weh, wewl wy wips are sill nun." John mummbled. "Ca' 'ou d' anythin' 'out 'at?" Mckay looked at john and saw that his face had grown rather large and little spots were forming all over his face. Lorne was nearly on the floor laughing.
                                "Here, this needle was labeled healing agent." Mckay said as he pulled out a needle from a draw in the ancient desk. "I wonder why a mahogany desk is here anyway."
                                Another cat monkey jumped into the room and climbed onto teyla's shoulder.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X