You Know You're a Stargate Fan When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmileyGidget View Post
    I remeber watching that webisode and saying that exact line, twas very funny, but there are a heck of things in Sanctuary that go with stuff on Stargate... like in the very first webisode where Chuck is there... heehee... that was hilarious... oh and there was that scene with Kavan and David... oh and well the bad guy dude has been in an SG-1 episode and well is Halling in Atlantis
    I know...John Druitt is played by christopher hyerdol(sp?) who plays Halling on atlantis, Todd, on atlants, and was in the SG1 season 7 episode Revisions.

Chris also plays the Big Foot Manservant in sanctuary, which you can really tell by the voice...sounds just like Todd.

David hewlett was in the first episode as the crazy dude.

Kavan Smith was in the first webisode and the first TV episode as a detective.

Chuck was also in the webisodes and the first TV episode as the guy with two faces, who shouts "New guy! NEW GUY!!"

there are probably more...these are just from memory

Comment

... you learn to like Jaffa Cakes, just because of the name.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post
        I know...John Druitt is played by christopher hyerdol(sp?) who plays Halling on atlantis, Todd, on atlants, and was in the SG1 season 7 episode Revisions.

Chris also plays the Big Foot Manservant in sanctuary, which you can really tell by the voice...sounds just like Todd.

David hewlett was in the first episode as the crazy dude.

Kavan Smith was in the first webisode and the first TV episode as a detective.

Chuck was also in the webisodes and the first TV episode as the guy with two faces, who shouts "New guy! NEW GUY!!"

there are probably more...these are just from memory
        Havenn't actually watched Sanctuary since the webisodes first came out, i had a friend download them for me, but since i have had to reformat and also restore to factory settings my computer as well as had a corrupted External Harddrive so at the moment, i don't have them anymore and i'm in Australia and can't download so going to be a while before i get to see the episodes! But i've heard they're similar to the webisodes only 40 minutes long instead of like 13! Looking forward to eventually seeing them though...

And yeah, Chuck was hilarious in that first webisode... all he had to say was "Hey new guy" and i was cracking up laughing! And yeah there have been a lot of others in it too, like Paul in an episode, that was the merlin/morgan le fay way, if memory serves... very funny but! There were more but i can't remember exactly!

Comment

I watched the first episode of sanctuary at my friend's house and they got mad everytime I'd say "Hey! that guy was in stargate!"

you know your a fan when you can tell what season an episode is in just by the description

when you get mad at your local station for jumping from season 7 of sg1 back to season 2 in a week.

when you're at a resturant and you look up at the football game on tv, see a guy with Murray on the back of his jersey, and go "Hey! it's Teal'c"

Comment

. . .You look @ other shows & go "That's <INSERT NAME OF NOTABLE PERSONAGE HERE>; s/he/they were on STARGATE!"; & then proceed to tell your loving partner (whom incidently hates STARGATE & is as allergic to it as is to citrus ) all about what their STARGATE character(s) was, what seasons/episodes they appeared i na running commentary/synposis of every episode & character devleop for their STARGATE character(s) & jow it fits in with the rest of the franchise...even when you know they only hear you becuase they're dating/love you & thats what couples do.

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
              . . .You look @ other shows & go "That's <INSERT NAME OF NOTABLE PERSONAGE HERE>; s/he/they were on STARGATE!"; & then proceed to tell your loving partner (whom incidently hates STARGATE & is as allergic to it as is to citrus ) all about what their STARGATE character(s) was, what seasons/episodes they appeared i na running commentary/synposis of every episode & character devleop for their STARGATE character(s) & jow it fits in with the rest of the franchise...even when you know they only hear you becuase they're dating/love you & thats what couples do.
              lol, I do that, but I am single, so I phone all my friends and make them watch the show the actor from SG1 is on..and I mean all, all across Canada and in the States, then I get on Gateworld and proceed to tell everyone that such and such was on such and such (house was the best with Carmen on it!!).

when you phone your brother during a convention just so he can hear our Russian ship captain say "By the power of grayscull...I have the power", then hang up on him, only to phone again to brag about being at a convention
              Yeah, I am mean I know, but the guy has every autograph I have gotten cause I give them to him, and I have none...I have pictures
              Music and Stargate
              sigpic
              Perfection

Comment

This kind of relates...so I had to throw it in there...

You know your a nerd when you are watching "Death Knell" and you begin making correlations between the breaking of the "Tauri, Tok'ra, Jaffa Alliance" to the breaking of the fellowship in "The Lord of the Rings"

I'm just awesome like that...lol

Comment

..you drool over all the collectable STARGATE collectables on eBay & go 'sqwee!' (literally) when you see Conventions comming ot your city/state/town/country & make plans to go ASAP, taking your 'STARGATE: A Celebration of 10 Years' collector book(s) with you (which, again, your loving, but (sadly) STARGATE-ignorant, partner just does not get).

Comment

When you have a P90 replica to go with your costumes.

When you have Season 1 - 10 pf SG-1 pn DVD - TWICE... and still get the DVDs that come with the Magazine's!

When you have all of the Stargate SG-1 novels that have been brought out, and one autographed by the Author!

When a friend from work talks about their two kids Jack and Samantha and all you can do is laugh

You just recently you're T-shirt you created that says 'There is brilliant, and then there's me' on it, and another with a drawing of Joe Flanigan with the quote 'This is why parents get someone else to teach their kids how to drive'

Comment

When you mourn the death of your limited-edition "STARGATR ATLANTIS : RISING" t-shirt you got with your Seaons 1 SGA DVD box set becuase some n00b put in int whas the wrong way out (i.e.: not inside out) & ruined the fine print mesh screen-print on what would of been a really cool, limited edition, collectable t-shirt that you loved wearing more than your own skin.

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
                        When you mourn the death of your limited-edition "STARGATR ATLANTIS : RISING" t-shirt you got with your Seaons 1 SGA DVD box set becuase some n00b put in int whas the wrong way out (i.e.: not inside out) & ruined the fine print mesh screen-print on what would of been a really cool, limited edition, collectable t-shirt that you loved wearing more than your own skin.
                        Someone is sleeping on the couch.....I would gives a few beats too!!!
                        Music and Stargate
                        sigpic
                        Perfection

Comment

Let the beatings commence (You know you're A STARGATE Fan when you take retribution on your enemies & those whom corss you, style).

Comment

we got You are the Wind Beneth my Wings to play for homecoming court and one of my stargate friends and I had a disscussion that the title should be You are the wind Around my Wings since flight is caused by the difference in pressure around the wings (yeah we're science nerds too) when one of the saxophones in front of us turned around and told us to stop getting all scientific about a song title and said Americans were too stupid to understand that. I told her that's why McKay is from Canada and my friend said that Sam disproved that hypothesis.......she just gave us a confused look and turned back around.

Comment

When people ask you what you want for Christmas & you tell them you want a place on SG-1 @ the SGC & they laugh @ you...until they realize you're serious.

Comment

When you bounce around super hyper, just because you touched something that RDA owned!

When you advertise the next big convention you are going to by using brouchers as bag stuffers at your supermarket job... and have posters stuck up in some windows of your car.

When someone mentions macaroni and cheese and all you can think about is the scene in 'First Commandment' and Chicken!

When you have a P90 model to go with your costume!

When the only TV you watch is Stargate... and you only watch it on DVD because in Australia Channel Seven are too lazy to show it at any decent hour if at all!

Comment

Working...
                                X