No announcement yet.

You Know You're a Stargate Fan When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when you get bored after a calculus test and start an abc list of things in stargate.

Comment

When you shamelessly plug your own on-line STARGATE RPG: http://stargaterpgs.proboards7.com/

Comment

When you make up a saying such as 'How could anybody possibly trust a Wraith? Let alone an Australian one' when your friend is in the Wraith race on a website.

When you have created your own t-shirt designs with your own drawings and Stargate quotes.

When the first thing people see when they walk into your room is your huge framed lithograph Stargate poster. Though your Stargate bookshelf is at the top of the stairs!

Comment

when most your closest friends "coincidentally" are Stargate fans -

Spoiler:
          No seriously, that is not a prerequisite for being my friend

when you can reply to anything said with a quote from Stargate

Spoiler:
          probably already done a million times

when you look at strangers and go "OHMYGOSH they look like Mckay/Ronon/Teyla/John/etc"
          "Wøøf!"

Comment

Originally posted by Muh_tuttles View Post
            when you look at strangers and go "OHMYGOSH they look like Mckay/Ronon/Teyla/John/etc"
            Mines more like. "OMG, they look like a Wraith!"

Comment

you know your a stargate fan when:

*You pretend the car your being driven in is a puddle jumper that your driving
              *You pretend that your house is a Daedulas class ship that you are the captain of
              * you look up at the sky each day at school and pray that today is the day that you get proof that stargate exists
              *you have a SGC computer simultor on your computer
              *You were infuriated when sky removed sky one from virgin the day before the last episode of SG1 was on, forcing you to watch it on the internet and misrably miss Atlantis and wait for the boxsets
              *you are desperate to get the complete seasons 1-10 boxset of SG1 and season 1-4 of Atlantis
              *Your convinced one of your teachers works for the Trust
              Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

your first response after a marching band practice that you forgot to stretch for is "man my kozars hurt."

you play hangman with the person next to you in class and you win with "Oma Desala" even though that person watches stargate too.

Comment

When you walk into a mystic store & ask for an Ascend-o-metre, a copy of the Book of Origin, Buddism/Toaism, & other books on meditation & enlightenment to help you on your path to Ascension.

Comment

you see a piramid made out of yellow boxes during a pep assembly and you automatically think of stargate

Comment

Your vocabulary is comprised almost exclusively of quotable STARGATE quotes.

Comment

I like saying.... "I've lost the falatis to move" when someone asks me to do something for them and i can't be bothered! *innocent blink*

When you go for a drive up in the hills and all you can think about the scenery is "Oooo, that would be the perfect place for an episode to be filmed!"

When you wear your Atlantis T-shirt with a picture of the city on it just so you can say "I sleep in the City of Atlantis"

Comment

You put the photo you had taken with RDA on the shelf with all the other family photos!

Find it funny that a new condo complex being built just up the road from Bridge Studios is called OMA2!

You get a Stargate to go with a painting you've had for over 25 years, because it was 'missing something'!

........... you have a 'Stargoat'! .......................

.....Explanation and photo in spoilers below if remotely interested in completely silly and senseless things!

Spoiler:
                          (I got home one day to find that my husband was being silly as usual and did this to my Stargate and said I now have a "Stargoat". It's a Rocky Mountain goat, a silly present my son's friend brought back from Calgary when he came to Canada for a holiday from the UK! Another addition to my menagerie of soft toy animals I seem to be collecting for no apparent reason!) *shrugs*

Kelowna is indeed a real place, a 3-4 hr drive from Vancouver and a very nice place it is too! *waves to Snowflake*

Comment

you are watching the Sanctuary webisodes and when they get to the part about morgan le fay, and merlin, you automatically begin making connections with seasons 9 and 10 of SG1.

You are watching the above episodes, and you hear amanda tappings character say,(And i quote)"What do we know about Morgan Le Fay?" and the first thing that comes to your mind, which you actually say out loud is, "Well, She was an ancient" and then laugh to yourself and tell yourself you needed to share this with this thread.

You are still watching Sanctuary, and you see this image

and think...Huh...that looks kinda like a stargate...
                            Last edited by Tupopoflungo; 11 October 2008, 12:12 AM.

Comment

you quit smoking and need something to look forward to, and the only thing you can think of that is worth all the trouble is going to another Stargate con.
                              If you have ever tried quiting smoking(12 years and a pack and a half a day) you will know how hard core that makes me.

when you want to learn how to paint nails professionally so that you can make SG1 symbols on your nails, not to actually have a job doing it.
                              (seriously, my computer won't let me write SG. It has to be SG1. lol)

Thnx Krisz "waves back" I miss you terribly!!
                              Music and Stargate
                              sigpic
                              Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post
                                you are watching the Sanctuary webisodes and when they get to the part about morgan le fay, and merlin, you automatically begin making connections with seasons 9 and 10 of SG1.

You are watching the above episodes, and you hear amanda tappings character say,(And i quote)"What do we know about Morgan Le Fay?" and the first thing that comes to your mind, which you actually say out loud is, "Well, She was an ancient" and then laugh to yourself and tell yourself you needed to share this with this thread.

You are still watching Sanctuary, and you see this image

and think...Huh...that looks kinda like a stargate...
                                I remeber watching that webisode and saying that exact line, twas very funny, but there are a heck of things in Sanctuary that go with stuff on Stargate... like in the very first webisode where Chuck is there... heehee... that was hilarious... oh and there was that scene with Kavan and David... oh and well the bad guy dude has been in an SG-1 episode and well is Halling in Atlantis

Comment

Working...
                                X