Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Write a Stargate Story, one sentence at a time.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Altman mused over the Full Spectra Analysis of the black, monolithic artifact. "The 360 degree photo documentation is complete." an assistant handed him the thumb drive. "Thank you, Helen." He returned began to load the photographs, which included all detectable wavelengths. "It can't be not ancient...could it predate them?" he mumbled. examining the symbols that run up and down the double helix shaped artifact. "Dr. Michael Altman, a pleasure to finally meet the mind behind the cult." a voice sounded dripping with charm.
    Last edited by Replicator Fifth; 16 July 2010, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Ba'al looked up at the approaching rangers, they came closer at a trot. "Mr Baal, welcome again, we have dug the passage you marked for us and yes there is a door and stairs leading down deeply, your donation to our tribal welfare fund is appreciated, goodbye." With that Jack, SG1 and Sam could only stare at the one time System Lord, Sam mouthed the word "donation" but Jack could only shrug.
      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Ba'al smirked, "yes, am a very generous guest" he shot back at O'neil and sam

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
          Ba'al smirked, "yes, am a very generous guest" he shot back at O'neil and sam
          "Guest Bauci? you on these people's land, if you must insist on trying to hide your exhalted slimey past and fit in here on Earth, study the culture, the Aboriginal people are one of the oldest cultures there is." Sam just stared at her boss, she couldn't ever remember Jack being so well informed.

Comment

Spoiler:
            I'm confused. underground passage?
            Ba'al laughed softly, "Didn't know you were so cultured, O'Neil. ah we're here." Ba'al walked into the tent before anyone could stop him. Sam and O'Neil ran after them. "And, more importantly, what the passage for?" Sam pressed. "I am renting land from them, more then the Aussie's ancestor ever did. And my purposes for the passage is none of your business." Ba'al proceeded toward the Dr., who was focusing intently on his work.

Comment

"Doctor -" he said amiably, a knowing smirk fixed to his face - one that Jack was gonna take huge delight in knocking off - "please, tell us what it is you have found so far?"
              sigpic

Comment

The Geophysicist didn't look up from his work but, merely said "I was told to be expecting you. To what do I owe a visit from a system lord?" "The artifact has mutagenic properties, no?" Ba'al asked, his voice dripping with charm. "Well, if you already know that, and that is as far as we know, what else can I tell you?" Dr. Altman snapped. "Perhaps be a little more specific? Summarize you data." Ba'al pressed, "what of the glyphs?". Altman sighed, "We don't know what they are or even what language to use as reference. its like it fell from the sky one day. We observed that the organisms within around 16 meters of the artifact showed advanced stages of evolution when compared to organisms of the same species elsewhere. We don't know why, we analyzed it with the most advanced scanners and, as far as science is concerned, its just a rock with gibberish on it."

Comment

Interest piqued, Carter came forward to take a closer look at the work Altman was undertaking, her brows lowered into a frown of concentration - she was an astrophysicist, not a biologist or geneticist, after all.
                  sigpic

Comment

"Could it be like the Ascension devise on Atlantis?" Sam asked. Altman shook his head, "At least the Ascension device we could deconstruct and analyze with varying degrees of success." "Alright," Ba'al interjected, "I have learned all I wanted for now."

Comment

"But it is causing a faster rate of mutation than you would normally see?" Carter pushed the other scientist, ignoring Ba'al, and determined to get some answers.
                      sigpic

Comment

"I wish I could give you more, anything else is just speculation." Altman said apologetically. "What is your theory, Dr. Michael Altman?" Ba'al leaned in close to the geophysicist smiling wickedly. O'Neil raised his P-90 as soon as Ba'al started to move, "easy there, why don't we just back off from the Doc." "Thank you General O'Neil," Altman relaxed as the system lord backed away. "But, its a fair question, what is your theory, Dr. Altman?" Sam queried.
                        Last edited by Replicator Fifth; 18 July 2010, 02:09 PM.

Comment

*crikey the story has been hijacked again* 5th the doctor is yet to be picked up, the site in the desert is an ancient base undergorund, folks please edit your posts to suit the story not what you randomly think it is. Read the previous pages if you're not sure.

I will hold off posting until this is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                            "Guest Bauci? you on these people's land, if you must insist on trying to hide your exhalted slimey past and fit in here on Earth, study the culture, the Aboriginal people are one of the oldest cultures there is." Sam just stared at her boss, she couldn't ever remember Jack being so well informed.
                            This was the last post from the story so I'll continue from here

"I have indeed studied the culture General O"Niell, you'll find me to be very well informed, now without further ado I suggest we go below and see what this passage reveals, yes?" Ba'al seemed to earnestly trying to be someone other than a System Lord.

wonderful sig by my little sister Mel, kind of reminds me of the missus and me

Comment

Spoiler:
                              well then, that was me completely misunderstanding you post prier to all this, Puddlejumper. now what?

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                well then, that was me completely misunderstanding you post prier to all this, Puddlejumper. now what?
                                Spoiler:
                                Just follow the story 5th you can pick it up now from Ben's post. The theme of the story is there is an Ancient base hiding wonderful mysteries beneath the desert, maybe a Aurora class ship who knows. Some Ancients in stasis perahps, but they have to get in first and maybe several hundred feet down so don't make it easy ok

Comment

Working...
                                X