No announcement yet.

Spoilers for SGU S2. Ask a Stargate related question to the person below you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I think his wife should have left him when she found out he was cheating on her with TJ. If TJ doesn't lose the baby (unlikely given how badly injured she looked at the end of this season, but I suppose its possible) than I don't see how Young's wife would be willing to forgive that especially given that Young would be with TJ and the child on Destiny. Even if TJ did lose the baby if Young had any decency in him he would still divorce his wife because he clearly has feelings for TJ even without a child involved. I don't really like or respect Young now, but he will lose any remaining chance of likability if he tries to smooth things over with his wife after TJ tells him she lost their baby (if that happens). I hate guys who cheat on their significant others, but leave them there in the background in case things don't work out with the person their cheating with. I had an ex-boyfriend do that to me, so I really hate people like that.

Who do you think should be in command once the situation gets resolved on Destiny? The civilians and scientists or the military? And do you think the group in charge should be just our people or a mix of our people and the LA?
    sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

1) I think Atlantis had the right idea, put civilians in charge of the ship and if there is trouble then the military springs into action to fend off the trouble not to take full command. 2) a mix, we really cant put them all into a holding cell for good because its a waste of resources, and surely some of them could come in handy, maybe not at first but slowly integrated into the crew.

What do you think is the worst looking ship in Stargate (any series)?
      LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
      Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
      99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

I never think the Prometheus and co. where good looking ships.

Do you think Rush and Young will ever become friends?
        sigpic

Comment

I think something really important would have to happen to make them settle their differences. Perhaps if Young were to save Rush's life or something like that. Their personal dislike of each other along with different perspectives of why they are on Destiny and what they should be doing makes it difficult to find some common ground to establish a friendship.

Do you think a military or civilian leadership of an expedition is better?
          sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

damn difficult question. A bit of both is necessary I think. Sometimes you need diplomacy, sometimes you need Sheppard running in with a p-90.

If they make Extinction, do you think Todd will survive the movie or will he be killed before the end?
            sigpic

Comment

Killed, it would probably be torture being the last Wraith in existence so they'll probably put him out of his misery.

Should O'Neill officially relieve Young of command of Destiny?

Comment

No, Young is the right man for the job, he just have to find his way again and deal with the situation.

Do you think Rush will, in the end, do something heroic for the Destiny crew or something utterly selfish?
                sigpic

Comment

He may see what he's doing as heroic, and it may really be heroic, but I don't think anybody will recognize that. Furthermore, I think he seems to be the type to get really angry if nobody recognizes his heroics, or recognizes them in the way he would like them to be.

Do you think that Wray denied promotion at the IOA because she is a lesbian?

Comment

Interesting question. We've already seen that the IOA makes life difficult for anyone who professionally doesn't adhere to the way that the people running the IOA think things should be run. The tend to try to remove or demote anyone who tries to think outside the box, like Woolsey when he was running Atlantis. Wray seems to be completely by the book, to the point that she checks in with her superiors before acting, so I don't see why she would have difficulty getting a promotion based on her work. Still there is a lot that we don't know about her past, and we don't know how the IOA regards the personal lives of its employees. It may ignore that aspect, or they may have "standards" that they expect their agents to conform to in all aspects of life. I'd hate to think it would be a reason, but unfortunately it could be a possibility.

How much authority should the people on Earth (i.e. the IOA, O'Neill, etc) have over the people on Destiny?
                    sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

I think Destiny ought to use Earth personnel as a resource to smooth things over in terms of their command structure. Now that they know that this will be a long term deal they need to iron things out. Just have a big meeting with Young, Wray, Varo, O'Neill, and any IOA people, and work out a deal.

Would you have left Riely your pistol?

Comment

I think before suffocating him, I would give him a pistol. Seems not so cruel to me. But who can know which death is better?

Do you think Rush will come to a point where he cares more about the crew members of the Destiny and not so much about the ship anymore? That he´ll find someone on board that he really care for?
                        sigpic

Comment

I think that once Rush finally admits to himself that he can't control Destiny on his own, and is forced to share that he's found the bridge it will help him to connect more with the people on the ship. Right now he believes he's the only one who understands the necessity of carrying out Destiny's mission, and he feels that if he lets anyone else know than he won't be able to complete that mission. If he starts thinking of himself as working with the crew instead of against them, then that might mean that he'd be more open to connecting with people. Right now he seems to view them in terms of how useful/detrimental they are to ship and her mission. Maybe Perry should swap bodies with Wray again and come back and smack him upside the head a few times, since she seems to be the only person Rush will actually listen to.

If you were in Scott's position in the last ep, and you were able to make a conscious choice, would you take a transfusion of Chloe's blood knowing it could change you like it was changing her, even though it would save your life?
                          sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

I would have the blood transfusion rather than get transformed, eaten? by some kind of creepy off world creature and get left behind. I would rather take the risk to get transformed in a smurf.

Do you think Young will deal with all his personal demons and become a better leader in Season 2?
                            sigpic

Comment

I think that Young has been forced to face his inner demons, and he knows that he needs to step up and be leader. I think everything that happened with the simulation forced him to realize that even though he feels overwhelmed with everything he is going through, that the crew needs his leadership. Hopefully this will be a turning point for him, where he'll become more involved and find a healthier way of dealing with his pain than drinking.

Do you think that Destiny's AI will eventually stop Rush from controlling the ship if it is able to, or do you think that it will allow Rush to continue to do what he feels is necessary because his goal is to fulfill the ship's mission?
                              sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

It seems to me that Rush is very mission oriented, so if it knows that he's in favor of the mission the AI will have no problem with him.

Do you think Eli will make at least 1 Star Trek reference while on Destiny's bridge?

Comment

Working...
                                X