Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the story is not so funny, but soo sweet!

i babysit a girl, she's 6 years old and she loves to draw, so we draw often. and one time i drawed a stargate and she asked what it is and because i didn't know how to explain the word "stargate" to her i told her "its a circle where people can go to other worlds" and then she asked me who the people are, and what worlds they are going too. i think thats so sweet! she draws her own stargate's now and everytime we draw something now she asks me, if i can tell her more about the worlds that the 4 persons go to. she even knows their names, i'm so proud lol

Comment

I'm from the netherland and my 12 year old boys has a speaking problem, so instead of calling it Stargate, he always says "scardate"
      sigpic

Comment

My 7 year old daughter asked me today if two symbiotes could be in the same person. I said I didn't think so. Then she wanted to know if there were two symbiotes in one person if they would fight or if they would fall in love with eachother.
        Wouldn't that be a great spin-off!! It could be a comedy version of Stargate with a person (I don't know, maybe they could get Ray Romano) inhabited by two old married goa'uld symbiotes (voiced by Anne Meara and Jerry Stiller) that alternately fight, nag, insult and then make up with eachother. Ray's backstory could be that he was a red-shirt guy at the SGC that got taken as a double host on a mission but noone noticed because when they got back everyone was busy too busy trying to find two officers to shut off the auto-destruct. He then started acting strangely (like telling the other guys in the locker room to make sure they put on clean underwear - while soundly strangely like Anne Meara) so he was discharged from the Air Force and now works at a donut store called "Donut Make You Happy" (OK, I kind of stole that name from a book, but I changed it a little so I think we'll be OK) making donuts and having off-the-wall antics with a group of wacky regulars played by Charles Durning, Betty White, Kramer from Seinfeld, Bob Saget, and Carmen Electra.

Comment

I know a 12 year old girl in my school who's nearly as obsessed as I am... This was not out of ignorance but out of not paying attention to the words coming out of one's mouth...
          So I found out that she liked Stargate and we started discussing it. I mentioned that I liked Sheppard and she said, "I'm in love with Daniel Shanks."

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Elles View Post
            I know a 12 year old girl in my school who's nearly as obsessed as I am... This was not out of ignorance but out of not paying attention to the words coming out of one's mouth...
            So I found out that she liked Stargate and we started discussing it. I mentioned that I liked Sheppard and she said, "I'm in love with Daniel Shanks."
            ............... i got nothin

Comment

On my teaching rounds earlier in the year, I was in a grade 5/6 class. Two of the girls were showing me some pix in a magazine, asking me who I thought was hotter out of these two guys. One of them said she had one of them as her wallpaper. So I told her I was mad about JF in SGA, and had him on my wallpaper at home. She looked at me and said "Ew, you mean the old guy?" I said he wasn't old, and explained who I was talking about. She said "Yeah, my mum watches it all the time. He's old." *facepalm*
              sigpic
              My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

My 8 year daughter is a big Sam fan, so I guess I shouldn't have been too suprised when I heard technobabble coming out of her mouth yesterday. We were at the park, and the wind was blowing a bit. Suddenly, she got all excited and said, "Look Mom, the wind is swirling the leaves into a vortex." I swear I have never used the word vortex in a sentence, so it had to be Stargate. I was very proud.

Of course, this is the same child who wants her bedroom redecorated in the Gate theme. We plan to build a Stargate out of plywood and Christmas lights. Oh, yeah, we are so encouraging this!

Comment

My 11yo daughter watched M&MM and spent the next week scribling an assorment of scribbles on large pieces of paper and trying to work out her 'proof' .
                  sigpic
                  My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

I had to explain to one of my mates once about the first SG-1 episode they saw....it had to be 'One False Step' didn't it?

I had to explain why the naked men had taken away the stargate base's plane.
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

The first time our daughter saw Teal'c with the blond caterpillar, she said, "If he's supposed to be in disguise, it's not a very good one."
                      "It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage."

"Hey, Mitchell. When the time comes...cut the green one."

Comment

Working...
                      X