This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate!!!
    "Build a man a fire and he will stay warm through the night, set a man on fire and he will stay warm for eternity"

Comment

I voted Stargte because I have no Idea what Dr. Who is....

Would anyone of you dr. Who lovers please explain it to me..... Pretty Please?

< 200th post.... SUPER SOLIDER POWER
      There is a reason why I do certain stuff... and that is just 30 % of the time. The rest.. I just wing it.

Comment

I love Dr Who but it has to be stargate.
        sigpic

Comment

This was a really tough choice for me. I grew up with Doctor Who, it was the first scifi show I'd ever heard about. I love Stargate, but all those wonderful years of Doctor Who cannot be ignored. So, my vote: Doctor Who.

Comment

^ haha...knew I loved ya for some reason or another.

Comment

I've just started to watch the new seasons of Dr Who and found it to be "fanstatic" but my loyalities are with Stargate.
              Humming?...

Comment

Stargate. I enjoy Dr Who but I like the plot lines of Stargate better.
                "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                Individuality is freedom lived.
                'Janis Joplin'

Comment

While I really enjoy Stargate, Dr. Who is clearly my first love. Granted (as you can tell from my username) I am biased.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw...jack_new01.gif
                  There's nothing more useless than a lock with a voice imprint.
                  - Chancellor Borusa (Invasion of Time)

I'm an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru
                  - Omar Q Beckins (The Unauthorized Autobiography)

Comment

Is it worth pointing out that this poll is going to be blatantly skewed in favor of Stargate because- get this- it's on a Stargate forum!

It's like going to chocoholics.com and asking whether people prefer chocolate or vanilla.

I'd be curious to see the results if this poll was reposted at Outpost Gallifrey. And then again on a more generic scifi forum that isn't dedicated to one or the other.

Me, I like Doctor Who. It's MILES better than the chaff being served up on either of the Stargate shows these days.

Comment

dr who may have been around longer, and be more popular, but i don't think it's as good in my opinion. i think the new series is so popular for the cult value that it has. as a new series i don't think it would be anywhere near as popular.
                      please don't yell at me!
                      sigpic
                      http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                      http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Is it worth pointing out that this poll is going to be blatantly skewed in favor of Stargate because- get this- it's on a Stargate forum!
                        No, it really isn't. And your complaining about it makes you sound like you're upset. As if you expected differently.

At any rate, I didn't vote because I haven't seen enough Doctor Who to make enough of an opinion(hint, hint, Sci-Fi Channel and BBC!)
                        Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                        Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                        -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity
                          No, it really isn't. And your complaining about it makes you sound like you're upset. As if you expected differently.
                          No, I didn't expect differently, but what's the point of starting a poll when the "winner" is blatantly obvious? What does it prove? That Stargate fans like Stargate better than Doctor Who? I could have told you that without a poll. Likewise, I can pretty much tell you that Doctor Who fans like Doctor Who better than Stargate.

I also know a lot of people who like BOTH Stargate AND Doctor Who and would be happy to vote as much if they had that option but instead are either forced to choose one or the other or not vote at all.

Doctor Who is an entirely different animal from SG-1. Someone up thread said as much: it's like comparing apples and oranges. It's hard to quantify which is "better" because each show has its own merits and faults and, generally, they're judged based on different merits. What "works" on Who might not work on SG-1 and vice versa. Empty Child was (IMO) an outstanding ep of Who, but try and translate it into the SG-verse and I think it would have been weird and clunky and wouldn't have had nearly the same impact or suspension of disbelieveability. I absolutely loved SG-1's Changeling, but it wouldn't have made any sense (if it was even do-able at all) as an ep of Who. There isn't really a good parallel for it.

The shows have different goals and different ways of achieving those goals. *shrug*

I really would be interested to see what the results would be like if this "Stargate vs. Doctor Who" thing were to be posted on a general forum. That would give a better indication (or at least a different one) of how the chips fall.

Comment

You would make a poor dear decided?
                            *rips out hair*

Comment

stargate of course

i think dr who is slightly childish. the only good enemies are the daleks and maybe the cybermen, whereas stargate has/had many enemies - goa'uld, replicators, ori, and also many smaller enemies such as the rebel retu. they appeal to me more than the dr who enemies. oh and stargate battles are far better.
                              -- Brains12

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

Doctor Who is an entirely different animal from SG-1.
                                do i dare ask what your on?
                                Last edited by sleeky; 10 July 2006, 03:28 AM.
                                I'm gonna loose it. (Teal'C looking confused) Lose it? It means go crazy ... nuts ... insane ... Bonzo ... No longer in possession of one's faculties ... Three fries short of a Happy Meal ... WACKO!!
                                One man's garbage is another man's treasure.
                                A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
                                ...never run with scissors?

maybe u read mi report
                                maybe he read your report?(making a weird face looking at jack)

things you would not want to hear on the SGC's intercom
                                *thud* *thud* *thud*.............*thud* I SAID OPEN THE IRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                I am a self confessed Richard Dean Anderson fan eg. i have all macgyver and stargate seasons available

Comment

Working...
                                X