This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEM
    I was ready to vote last week, so I came over to the thread but decided to read the replies before voting in case I'd forgotten something. The Out of Mind comments totally threw me off. After finally getting round to watching OoM again, I've decided those comments are really about events of Into the Fire!
    Into The Fire is part 2 of Out of Mind? Which would make ITF the season opener of Season 3?
    ...just went and checked... and ITF is the first ep of Season 3

Comment

In The Line Of Duty:
      The best episode of the season for Amanda Tappings character. The scenes when Carter is in the cell and Jolinar releases her slightly and Sam pleads to Jack to listen is great.

Secrets:
      Having to deal with seeing her dad again and then learning he is dying. AT's acting of dispear was great and you could feel for her.

Spirits:
      Command of a team and then judging whether she made the right decisions.

The Tokra:
      Having to deal with the memories of a Tokra, checking up on her father who doesn't want to know and then finding a way to save him so that they can spend time together.

Comment

There are too many to mention. as the character was coming into her own Amanda stepped up to the mark and then some in acting ability. It was this season that I started really taking note of the acting.

There was the brilliant small clip in "Need" when they were returning through the gate in response to O'Neill's "Carter got some Naquada" the gesture with the lump of said ore was superb. Amanda was in the background, she didn't have any lines, but her body language was fantastic I just love that clip.

We saw a gammut of emotions played out through numerous episodes. Every Sam scene was a pleasure to watch both for the fantastic female character which was developing and for the acting - she's just awesome!!

I loved 1969 it was a fantastic team ep, the likes which has been missing from Stargate for some time. We got to see Sam interacting with civies and being the very likeable girl next door. She oozed warmth with the flower girl who complemented Amanda perfectly.

Many moments have already been mentioned, so cutting to the chase I voted for just one ep - "Matter of Time" Amanda's acting matched the character growth yet again. Taken aback with O'Neill's reprimand, delivering the technobabble with apparent ease, the camaraderie devlopiong with Teal'c and her being so tenacious and earnest in trying to solve the problem. Amanda must be a Director's dream come true!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
          There are too many to mention. as the character was coming into her own Amanda stepped up to the mark and then some in acting ability. It was this season that I started really taking note of the acting.

There was the brilliant small clip in "Need" when they were returning through the gate in response to O'Neill's "Carter got some Naquada" the gesture with the lump of said ore was superb. Amanda was in the background, she didn't have any lines, but her body language was fantastic I just love that clip.

We saw a gammut of emotions played out through numerous episodes. Every Sam scene was a pleasure to watch both for the fantastic female character which was developing and for the acting - she's just awesome!!

I loved 1969 it was a fantastic team ep, the likes which has been missing from Stargate for some time. We got to see Sam interacting with civies and being the very likeable girl next door. She oozed warmth with the flower girl who complemented Amanda perfectly.

Many moments have already been mentioned, so cutting to the chase I voted for just one ep - "Matter of Time" Amanda's acting matched the character growth yet again. Taken aback with O'Neill's reprimand, delivering the technobabble with apparent ease, the camaraderie devlopiong with Teal'c and her being so tenacious and earnest in trying to solve the problem.
          Amanda must be a Director's dream come true!!
          I agree, Coley

Comment

Working...
          X