Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if the gate goes public i get to tell my friends "I told you so..." and collect a large sum of money
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

there will be a riot outside the SGC, people will storm the base and pee through the stargate.

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

...we would take over the world!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Gambit
          there will be a riot outside the SGC, people will storm the base and pee through the stargate.
          set the new record, smashing the old one by several trillion miles
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords
            I would like to play a game, write 'If the gate goes public' followed by what you think should happen.

If the gate goes public a "movie adaption" of the first mission starring Kurt Russell and James Spader should be made. They could guest star on Sg1 playing themselves "researching thier characters".
            If the Gate goes public, everyone will be like 'OK, where is all the free energy and technology that you guys have been spending zillions of taxpayers money finding? How come you haven't used it to benefit our society, why are so many children dying of starvation if you can go gallivanting around the universe.

Then a lot of people will say 'OK, so you say we've been fighting ALIENS for the last decade, what the HELL ARE YOU doing fighting a war in Iraq, and with all the technology you developed through gate travel why is it you can't even solve that problem?

And then everyone would vote the President out, there would be a huge inquiry, heads would roll, it would be bad for all leaders and any foreign government would have to disavow any connection with the gross use of tax dollars without telling the truth to the people and endangering everyone on earth through meddling with intergalactic politics.

So, it will never go public.
            ----
            There is something extraordinarily delightful in getting intensely
            serious about something intrinsically silly.

Comment

If The Gate Goes Public:

>Stock markets would crash, business would fall, jobs would be lost.
              >Crime would go up
              >Birth rate would climb
              >Nations would fall and wage war on others
              >The price of commodeties would rise to astonishing proportions
              >TV and media would have a frenzie and run the stories about it till the end of time and piss to many people off to the point that it will seem like its being rubed in their faces and they would become uncomfortable more so and fight in the streets.
              >mass suicide would ensue in religious sects and cults would arm themselves and their families over in the U.S becuase it would only happen their as it has done before over far less.
              >Religion would roasted, people of science and religion would be at each others throats
              >people would hoard items and other less fortuante nations would starve as before but in higher frequency

So over all not much of a change but nothing good would become of it in the future or should i say the long haul, civilians would never benifit from it and the rich and powerful would become even more so and piss more people off and create war......War............WAR!!!!
              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                If The Gate Goes Public:

>Stock markets would crash, business would fall, jobs would be lost.
                >Crime would go up
                >Birth rate would climb
                >Nations would fall and wage war on others
                >The price of commodeties would rise to astonishing proportions
                >TV and media would have a frenzie and run the stories about it till the end of time and piss to many people off to the point that it will seem like its being rubed in their faces and they would become uncomfortable more so and fight in the streets.
                >mass suicide would ensue in religious sects and cults would arm themselves and their families over in the U.S becuase it would only happen their as it has done before over far less.
                >Religion would roasted, people of science and religion would be at each others throats
                >people would hoard items and other less fortuante nations would starve as before but in higher frequency

So over all not much of a change but nothing good would become of it in the future or should i say the long haul, civilians would never benifit from it and the rich and powerful would become even more so and piss more people off and create war......War............WAR!!!!
                You're such an optimist
                Thank you Jenova Synthesis

Thank you to homever I borrowed this from

Comment

If the gate went public Ba'al wouldn't need to hide out on Earth. He could take the planet over while the people where still in shock with his army of jaffa, asuming they didn't join the rebellion. Imagine each of his clones could rule over a certain area, the original having the US of course!

Comment

Assuming that it went a lot more smoothly than Lady Sarah's (probably accurate!) depiction, here's what I see...

Someday, the galaxy's problems are relatively over and the gate is put someplace public. However, fifty gajillion warning signs are put near the gate.

WARNING: DO NOT STAND BEYOND THIS POINT WHILE GATE IS DIALING.

WARNING: DO NOT APPROACH GATE UNTIL WORMHOLE IS COMPLETELY ESTABLISHED.

WARNING: DO NOT ENTER FROM THIS END.

WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT ENTERING INCOMING WORMHOLE. (Handy little glowing signs are implemented to tell us exactly which way the wormhole is going at the moment.)

FAILURE TO HEED WARNINGS MAY RESULT IN DEATH OR INJURY.
                    [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

NASA would go out of business

Comment

Originally posted by Syera
                        Assuming that it went a lot more smoothly than Lady Sarah's (probably accurate!) depiction, here's what I see...

Someday, the galaxy's problems are relatively over and the gate is put someplace public. However, fifty gajillion warning signs are put near the gate.

WARNING: DO NOT STAND BEYOND THIS POINT WHILE GATE IS DIALING.

WARNING: DO NOT APPROACH GATE UNTIL WORMHOLE IS COMPLETELY ESTABLISHED.

WARNING: DO NOT ENTER FROM THIS END.

WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT ENTERING INCOMING WORMHOLE. (Handy little glowing signs are implemented to tell us exactly which way the wormhole is going at the moment.)

FAILURE TO HEED WARNINGS MAY RESULT IN DEATH OR INJURY.
                        Actually, more along these lines:

WARNING: This device is not a toy. Do not attempt to disassemble and/or take apart any component of this device. No user servicable parts are available. This device is not intended for use by children under the age of 3 years. Do not use this device while immersed in a bathtub or driving a car. This device may interfere with the operation certain types of medical equipment, including pace makers and heart monitors. Excessive exposure to event horizon radiation during the wormhole execution phase may result in harmful medical complications. Consult a physician before use if you are pregnant, or are suffering from a heart condition. Do not use this device if you have had recent surgery. This device is not intended for installation on a rooftop or a roadway. Improper use of this device, or failure to heed any documented Warning contained within the documentation or imprinted on the device itself may result in severe injury or death. Not responsible for lost articles or intergalactic mishaps. Do not use this device illegally.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith

WARNING: This device is not a toy. Do not attempt to disassemble and/or take apart any component of this device. No user servicable parts are available. This device is not intended for use by children under the age of 3 years. Do not use this device while immersed in a bathtub or driving a car. This device may interfere with the operation certain types of medical equipment, including pace makers and heart monitors. Excessive exposure to event horizon radiation during the wormhole execution phase may result in harmful medical complications. Consult a physician before use if you are pregnant, or are suffering from a heart condition. Do not use this device if you have had recent surgery. This device is not intended for installation on a rooftop or a roadway. Improper use of this device, or failure to heed any documented Warning contained within the documentation or imprinted on the device itself may result in severe injury or death. Not responsible for lost articles or intergalactic mishaps. Do not use this device illegally.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith

how long did this take you to come up with?! jeez TW! ya always have to go that extra mile, don't ya?
                            I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayan
                              how long did this take you to come up with?! jeez TW! ya always have to go that extra mile, don't ya?
                              Took about 5 minutes to type.

Comment

I was talking about gates in public places - but if public gates were available to the general populace, I'd imagine they'd have something along those lines tacked to it as well.
                                [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Working...
                                X