• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted for:-
    Emancipation
    Singularity
    Solitudes

Emancipation showed Amanda's ability to throw herself into "stunt work" i really liked the fight scene at the end, she let you feel the emotion and watch
    how she brought this bully down a peg or two.

Singularity is my favourite of s1,that lift scene was so powerfull it took my breath away. I read somwhere that the director had got in Amanda's face and worked her up and made her angery because he knew she had it in her to get that scene out of her!

Solitudes showed Amanda giving us the determation of Sam of not giving up untill there was no other way to go. I liked the scene at the end where she gives Jack that last bit of comfort saying you can sleep now and saying it was an honour serving with you too sir. Once again Amanda makes you feel all
    Sam's emotions just by watching her.
    ......TARA......

Comment

I had to re-watch Singularity last night after reading this thread and looking at the photos. Tonight it will by Emancipation (and Solitudes if I can squeeze it in).

scarimor

Comment

Voted for

Emancipaton
        Fire and Water
        Solitudes
        Singluarity

Comment

the ones that stood out for me were solidudes and singularity. her acting in singularity at the end when shes with cassie is heartbreaking!
          sigpic
          http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
          http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Emancipation
            Fire and Water
            Singularity
            Solitudes

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
              I know Amanda really did pass out when she did that scene. I just wonder... was that the scene they used afterwards? Or is she playing it?

Good ep BTW
              I didn't know she passed out...I think I heard that she had actually dis-located her shoulder when she hit the wall. Can someone confirm this for us please???

Anyhow, I voted for Singularity because the emotions that Amanda acted out were just brilliant..but then again, this was really hard to choose coz she is a great person and actor. It was just a nice side to her character that appealed to me in that ep. I loved her acting in Fire and Water and in Solitudes too.
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                I didn't know she passed out...I think I heard that she had actually dis-located her shoulder when she hit the wall. Can someone confirm this for us please???
                See...

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Actually according to Amanda, when Kawalsky slammed Sam into the wall in that elevator scene, the reason it looked so authentic was because Amanda had overcompensated during the stunt move and had actually ended up with a concussion. So when we see Sam slumping down into the elevator, it was not acting on Amanda's part.

I would assume that what we saw after she had been hurt was all filmed during the original scene. I doubt the other actor would have known Amanda had really been hurt until after he checked her. However, the scene where Jack and the gang open the door was probably filmed after they realized it.
                I don't know about a shoulder injury. Besides now we all know how good AT is at stunts

Comment

amanda gave herself a concussion. kawalsky tossed her back, and she tossed herself back and hit the wall too hard and knocked herself out.

if you look close in the briefing room scene later in the eps, you see rda/jack reach over and touch her arm. I don't know for sure but i've always attributed that to her coming back to work later that day/the next day - likely after a trip to the er and rick asking if his cast mate was ok
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Eek. Sam's meant to get a-whumpin. AT shouldn't be whumping herself.

Aw, poor AT, that must have been one heck of a headache. She's a trooper, as they say.
                    scarimor

Comment

Emancipation
                      Fire and Water
                      Singularity
                      Solitudes
                      There But For the Grace of God

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

My choose is Hathor.
                        "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                        'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                        Individuality is freedom lived.
                        'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Working...
                          X