This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wako!
    your absoultly right, we need to stop newbies geting custom avs!
    well its something else for the mods to check all of the time, and its supposed to be a reward for people who have been around for a long time and done a lot, a reward for keeping the community going, if they wanted every newbie to get it without trying, they would not bother making it for 2000+

Im with dipsofjazz, whats 1 post a day, or even 2 or 3, nothing, and its a little fun way to get to know other people on, I got to know some great people through tournements, and 90% of the people on them, make comments on things as they go, so they arent just going for post count, but the most recent ones (greatest character one for instance) is just post and go, come back two minutes later, post and go, it just seems pointless
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I think that having the game threads in one place is a good idea.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Ahh, but if 90% of your posts are in the gaming threads, making them suddenly OT will drastically reduce your count and cause fans across the board to scream bloody murder. It's a compromise to keep both sides from *****ing at the mods.
        But if you slap people down for the tourney/game threads then surely you've got to shoot down the people in Characters/Relationships forums who get around 4000 posts in a month by posting pics of one character and one word posts. Double edged sword and all that...

Does anyone else feel guilty about posting in here??

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
          But if you slap people down for the tourney/game threads then surely you've got to shoot down the people in Characters/Relationships forums who get around 4000 posts in a month by posting pics of one character and one word posts. Double edged sword and all that...
          Thank god someone finally said it! *greens Anubis69*
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
            Actually, I wouldn't have a problem with that, either, since the thunk/ship threads are another area massively abused.

Comment

I think it's a good folder, but definitely not great or the best ever, so I choose : It's does not matter to me, because it really doesn't, wherever the tourneys are, only if it's interesting then I'll join.

There's a lot of Tourneys in GW, some are good, some are weird but obviously some posters find the use for them, so they posted and they got to upping their post-count, so what ?? if a tourney is lame, people won't vote, the thread would die and get pushed back same as other thread. If it's a good tourney, we vote, we strategize, we defend our vote, etc but still once the tourney ends, the thread would get pushed back.

Why do people consider this as SPAM ? IMO, creating a tourney require more thoughts than just creating a thread. All the tourneys I've joined so far are great places to talk about Stargate past or current episodes/characters and posters usually just vote once a day until the next tally, so it's really NOT a place to gain lots of post counts.

The tourneys are no more guilty than those thunking/shipping threads or those episode-discussion threads. As long as we're talking/discuss or even fighting about Stargate than we're ON-TOPIC and GW rules said : being on-topic deserve post-count-point.
              sigpic
              sig.by : lilferret

Comment

I think creating the folder was a good idea. Keeps everything together and easier to find, which I certainly appreciate.

Spam is one of those issues that will never be agreed on, never; so unless you feel like beating a dead horse and we know there are some that do, you may as well drop the subject.
                Last edited by Kliggins; 23 April 2006, 11:35 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Now we need a gaming/anime folder and a Star Wars subfolder.
                  Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                  The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                  I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                  A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                  That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                  Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                  Caboose: They could be worse?
                  Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

i think its a great folder

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Working...
                    X