Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know someone you know isn't a gatehead when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When shown your tatoo, they question why you have an "A" with a circle above it. "What's that supposed to be?"

Comment

They think the SGC is a ship (this has happened!)
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
        HAHA when you go to walmart to buy a cool cup that looks like the one in the caffeteria go home and make perfect little blue gelatine squares to put in it then you sit and watch sg1 for 5 hours. All this time your parents are up stairs having a talk about what is wrong with you.
        Last week I had strep throat and pretty much all I could get down was jello. Of course, the blue kind. And of course, in squares. My mom, upon seeing this, told me that the way to make jello was just to put it into a big bowl and let it set that way. "But then you don't get squares," I said. "The only way to eat jello, especially blue jello, is in squares." She looked at me like I was nuts and then thought I must have had a fever and it was okay I was being strange with the jello because I was sick.

They just don't get it, do they?
        I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
        Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

when they give you a strang look when you use the phrase
          three fries short of a happy meal.
          sigpic
          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

When they say that sky are showing the 1st season of "StarTrek: Atlantis" on wednesday.

When you need a moment alone when the Prometheus takes the 3rd hit from the Ori satelite in Ethon and they dont understand
            Last edited by pyrodude; 21 April 2006, 01:04 AM.
            aka paddytehpyro

Comment

Originally posted by pyrodude
              When they say that sky are swoeing the 1st season of "StarTrek: Atlantis" on wednesday.
              lol thats good.

Comment

Originally posted by pyrodude
                When they say that sky are swoeing the 1st season of "StarTrek: Atlantis" on wednesday.
                Or they say, "I didn't know Star Wars was being made into a tv show"
                I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
                Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

Or when you are hooked on froot loops and then every 3 months you let yourself eat oatmeal for breakfast and nobody can figure out this strange cycle.(Just to appreciate how long they were looping)
                  sigpic

Comment

...you start talking about how you liked SG-1 as Jack, Sam, Daniel, and Teal'C, not Mitchell, Daniel, sometimes Teal'C and occasionally Sam, and your sister says, "I didn't know they changed anything."

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

When your wife thinks you are watching a show with a bunch of transvestites, since the first episode that she saw had Nirti.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatemage
                        I had to use Star Trek to explain. -- TOS and TNG. but then I explained how really, they just kinda kept SG1, and so it was more like TNG and DS9.
                        Brilliant comparison.

I gotta say that SG>>>>>ST

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
                          When you ask them if they watch Stargate:

"Ew! I hate that Star Trek garbage!"
                          Similar one happened to me:

"Stargate? Is that the show when a little child grows up and turns bad and dresses in black with a mask?"

*G*
                          Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
                          (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian
                            When they fall asleep during a Stargate presentation.

WHAT!?!?!?
                            IMPUDENCE!!!!!!!
                            Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
                            (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

They have no idea why the fact that your Spanish teacher is going to colorado Springs is so interesting and exciting
                              Spoiler:
                              Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                              I caught frogs and called them prince
                              And made myself a queen
                              Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                              I slept in castles and fell in love
                              Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                              To capture tinkerbell
                              They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                              But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                              And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                              And anything I can to get by
                              And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

lol, this are all very funny.
                                i wanted to watch that video in youtube but it wouldnt work.

im the only gatehead on my family.
                                sometimes, ive been watching sg1 and one of my brothers sits next to me and start asking
                                who's that guy? why does he have the thing on his forehead? and wasn't it gold? why are they different? why does the other guy talk with the weird voice? i thought the guy with the weird voices were bad guys?
                                etc,etc,etc
                                no matter how many i try to explain the difference between tok'ra and goa'uld, they don't get it. or why the jaffa have different symbols on their foreheads. or what does it mean when it's made of gold.
                                SAVE SG-1
                                Send tissue boxes with the legend "SEND MORE!" to Sci-Fi's TPTB

Comment

Working...
                                X