Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The First Commandment, although it really wasn't terrible or anything.
    Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Round Six

Beachhead
      sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

The First Commandment

Although it had some redeeming lines.. with Jack and the Bible.. the rest of the show really was horrible.

I actually liked the other episodes.. LOVED Abyss and Lifeboat : P

Comment

Round 6:

Point of View

Oh, as soon as I saw Point of View, I thought that one, but then I realized Beachhead was also there. This is a tough one, but I'm going to have to pick Point of View because of the horrid wig on Alt Sam and the pointlessness of this episode.

Beachhead is a very close second, though, because it was also a very pointless episode, I disliked the characterization of Daniel (and I don't mean his sniping at Vala, because she deserved every bit of it) and, actually, all of SG-1 in this episode, and then it was all about ships shooting at a bubble on the planet--unbelievably boring. I also hated Vala running off to save the day. This was her Descent/Stronghold episode that was supposed to make the audience like her more and see her as a noble hero. (I dislike episodes that are designed to manipulate opinion and serve no other purpose, and I only felt that she was rushing off into danger without taking anyone else but herself and her own glory into consideration. It only made me like her less when I had been starting to like her just a bit. Just because it turned out okay, doesn't mean that it was the right thing to do. And they didn't need to make everyone else appear to be stupid--like all of SG-1 and then Landry for trusting Nerus even the slightest bit...)

Thinking about it this way, maybe I should vote for Beachhead, which I consider to be one of the worst episodes of the entire series. But...I think I'd still rather watch that than Point of View. *g*

I also dislike Window of Opportunity, but not that much. *g* I like all of the other episodes this round, at least somewhat.
          My Top 40 SG-1 Episodes

My Ranking of All Season 9 Episodes

It's Daniel Jackson's world; I just live in it.

Comment

Round 6:

The First Commandment
            sigpic

Comment

Round 6

Beachhead

The First Comandment is spared because of this:

Daniel: "This taste like chicken."

Sam: "So what's wrong with it?"

Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

I don't even remember much of what happened in Beachhead other than Daniel talking really fast,
              Spoiler:
              some stupid bomb, and Vala saves the day all while some Oreo dude is chanting in front of a stargate.
              I'd rather watch The First Commandment. At least it's got Jack in it.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Beachhead

Vala saves the galaxy ... and I soooooooooo don't care.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
                  Anyone who votes for WoO or Abyss needs a smack. You HAVE been warned.
                  Let me please join you for a collective smacking of scarimor, NikkiH and DEM!

Thwack!!! to you all!!!

Round 6:

The First Commandment (silly ep IMO)

And, most important:

HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY to all the girls in the tournament!!!
                  Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
                  (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Originally posted by aizjanika
                    Round 6:

Point of View

Beachhead is a very close second, though, because......................................................................... ............
                    Thinking about it this way, maybe I should vote for Beachhead, which I consider to be one of the worst episodes of the entire series. But...I think I'd still rather watch that than Point of View. *g*

I also dislike Window of Opportunity, but not that much. *g* I like all of the other episodes this round, at least somewhat.
                    aizjanika and all posting here, could you please use the spoiler tags when commenting about Season 9???? I'm not sure if everyone saw it, most probably not, and I think it's simple and fair to use the tags...
                    Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
                    (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Round Six results

The First Commandment - 19
                      Point Of View - 1
                      Rite of Passage - 1
                      Abyss - 3
                      Lifeboat - 5
                      Beachhead - 6

The First Commandment is in the season

The Worst Season

Avalon Part One
                      Seth
                      Ascension
                      Emancipation
                      The Broca Divide
                      The First Commandment

Now for Round 7:

Cold Lazarus
                      Message in a bottle
                      Deadman's Switch
                      Watergate
                      Beast Of Burden
                      Shadow Play
                      Enemy Mine
                      Affinity
                      Ex Daus Machina
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Episode Seven

Affinity
                        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

This round has a few stinkers to choose from but I think I'll go with Enemy Mine. I usually like Chaka, but with a different guy under the mask, he just wasn't the same.

Comment

Round 7

None were great, but one was aweful, dreadful, abysmal etc ...

Affinity.
                            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Round 7
                              Affinity
                              sigpic
                              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Episode 7:

Watergate

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Working...
                                X