You Know You're A Gate Head When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
    Happens to me ALL THE TIME. But I just say "Stargate" and they all go "Ahhhh" and go back to whatever they were doing. They're so used to me being a gater. LOL.
    lol, same here for some people
    Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

WHEN YOU DREAM ABOUT STARGATE!!
      Also seeing a film called Point of Origin while flicking through the channels and rushing to get it on thinking it mite be stargate related (when I knew it wouldn't be).

Comment

when you're watching TV while hanging out with friends at college on a friday night and at the end of a commercial you suddenly go "HE'S WATCHING STARGATE!!!!"

it's a dell commercial... I have no idea what's being said in it, the TV's volume was off, but at the end of it, the guy that it follows opens his computer and is finishing watching something... and it focuses on the screen and there's a Ha'tak...

much to my surprise one of my friends there agreed that "That's definitely a Stargate ship". However, I don't think many other people there knew what Stargate is
        Spoiler:
        Before you met me I was a fairy princess
        I caught frogs and called them prince
        And made myself a queen
        Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
        I slept in castles and fell in love
        Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
        To capture tinkerbell
        They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
        But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
        And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
        And anything I can to get by
        And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

...when you have a dream about Sheppard and McKay arguing in front of Weir in her office.
          sigpic

Comment

...when you dream of having a Christmas party involving eggnog with a bunch of wraith.

Comment

When you dream of a night with Elizabeth Weir
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

...when you wonder what kind of music a certain character would like.
                sigpic

Comment

when you know what sort of music a character likes!
                  (Shep obviously likes some country, there's proof, you can't deny it)
                  Spoiler:
                  Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                  I caught frogs and called them prince
                  And made myself a queen
                  Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                  I slept in castles and fell in love
                  Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                  To capture tinkerbell
                  They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                  But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                  And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                  And anything I can to get by
                  And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by Otera View Post
                    when you're watching TV while hanging out with friends at college on a friday night and at the end of a commercial you suddenly go "HE'S WATCHING STARGATE!!!!"

it's a dell commercial... I have no idea what's being said in it, the TV's volume was off, but at the end of it, the guy that it follows opens his computer and is finishing watching something... and it focuses on the screen and there's a Ha'tak...

much to my surprise one of my friends there agreed that "That's definitely a Stargate ship". However, I don't think many other people there knew what Stargate is

Here's that commercial on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znADMag_B9s
                    sigpic
                    SAM/JACK SHIPPER FOREVER

Comment

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but a Stargate shows up in the show Phineas and Ferb. A boy designed a "Portal to Mars" as a science fair project that looks exactly like a Stargate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRgn1aOzMTA
                      "While God waits for his temple to be built of love, men bring stones." -Rabindranath Tagore

Comment

You use the opening credits theme song for a guaranteed make out session.
                        Truth is a torch that gleams through the fog without dispelling it.

Comment

Originally posted by faeriebrat View Post
                          you use the opening credits theme song for a guaranteed make out session.
                          pmsl.........

Comment

...when you start comparing the three stargate designs for each show and wonder which set of glyphs looks the coolest.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IV View Post
                              When you're sure your webcam looks like a Kino, and is in fact monitoring you as you speak even if the green light isn't on
                              What's a kino?

Comment

...you start expecting EVERY character on SGU is going to have some dark secret revealed.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X