No announcement yet.

You Know You're A Gate Head When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry if some sentences were already given, I haven't read this thread when I wrote them...

you know you watch too much stargate when...

* When you see any real pharaonic egyptian artifact, you wonder whose System Lords it belongs to.

* When you watch serious National Geographic shows about the pyramids and who built them, you roll your eyes and think "nonsense, I know they were built by aliens!"

* When you hear or see the ordinary word "ancient", you think about ascended beings..

* When you come across an object that is labelled as "ancient", you want to touch it to see if you have the ATA gene.

* When you cross a bridge made of a metal grid, you feel you're walking on the ramp to the Stargate.

* When you see a not-so-skinny & not-so-young bald man, you want to say "Good morning, General".

* When you spot someone with a tatoo on their forehead, you want to say "Tecmateh brother".

* When you are in a dangerous situation and feel your time is up, you want to say "Shel kek nem ron, I die free"

* When your boss/teacher/mother is talking angrilly, you expect their eyes to glow any minute.

* When you go to work, you wish you had a transport ring or even a stargate to take you there and back quickly.

* When somebody asks you a question, you answer "Indeeeed" instead of "yeah".

* When you are invited to a party on <friday> evening, you refuse because you have some TV show to watch.
    <replace by the day that it airs where you live>.

* When you're in an elevator, you hum the Stargate theme music.

* When you're in a steak house restaurant, you are tempted to order 3 of their biggest steak, for you alone.

* When you look at the stars at night, you know we're not alone.

* When you hear about deep space telemetry, you know they're lying.

* When one of your friends/colleague/neighbour is always wearing a hat, you
    suspect he is a Jaffa.

* When you see any big, circular ring, you can't help smiling. especially if it
    spins.

* When you see water ripples with light reflecting on them, you have "event
    horizon" in your mind.

* When you find something in latin, you want to write it in Ancient's alphabet.

* When your new girlfriend says every man she dated had died, you guess what's her real job, get wounded and listen to her revelations / or you run away as fast as you can.

* When someone asks you to go fishing, you answer without thinking that you can't go this time.

* When you visit a crystal/jewlery shop, you look for a crystal skull.

* When you have ketchup & mustard, you draw a smiley face on your plate.

* When you choose your next holiday destination, Antartica is on your list.

* When you're in front of a weird looking mirror, you touch it to see what
    happens.

* When you haven't feelt hungry nor thirsty for a long time, you wonder if you're not a robot clone in fact.

* When you hear the word "replicate", your heart starts beating faster.

* When you hear "Simpsons", you think "Stargate".

* When the word "Gate" is mentioned as an ordinary portal, you mentally add the prefix 'Star-' in front of it.

* When you go to a doctor and she looks like Dr. Fraiser, you feel weird. If she light your eyes with a pen, you feel weirder. if she mentions the iris of your

eyes, you feel even weirder. If she says your body has been infected by nanites, you're dreaming!

* You started talking to your plants.

* You're scared of Nitendos.

* You want to visit Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs.

* You don't think about the year 1969 as you used to do.

* You don't think blondes are dumb anymore.

* You don't need to mentally calculate that 100 days is roughly 3 months.

* You wish you could have been an archeologist.

* You practise raising one eyebrow.

* You never create a password based on your dog's name.

* Your attention is awaken when you hear a name in real life, that a stargate
    character has.

* You always carry a chocolate bar with you, for protection and make new friends.

* You started to say "For crying out loud", "Indeed", "Extremely", "Nice!",
    "Sweet", "Open/close the iris", "Sholva", and even "Cumtraya!".

* You wish you had a Zat gun.

* You know about Schrödinger even if you never took Quantum mechanics classes.

* Even if you suck at geometry, you know that Pi is about 3.14159 and is used to find the circumference of a circle by measuring the radius.

* Magnets have a whole new meaning for you now.

* If you have friends who behave like stargate characters, you call them by the character's name.

* You feel the last 10 years were too quick.

* You visit Gateworld every day

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
      Your list is a great example of how to struture a thread....bullet points.
      haha! I didn't even think of that! it is subconscious in me...

Comment

...after watching one of the new Air Force recrutment comertials, you wonder when they are going to profile "Deep Space Radar Telematry"
        Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
        "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
        "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
        ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
        McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
        "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
          We have had some of these before, but anyway.

You learn the ancient alphabet and pause every part there are ancient writings and sit with your pen and paper translating them, and use the alphabet in other places like your school books...

Yes, i am one of them
          i did that and it got so confusing i gave up for 5 mins then had another go

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
            when you are reading about egyptian history or mythology of any kind, if you hear any name like Ra, or Hathor etc... You cannot think of them as anything but system lords.
            i already do that and it gets really annoying when im trying to talk to my family because if someone mentions a name i think of stargate and try and remember if their was a person called that

Comment

...your bed sheets have RDA on them

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

* When you go to work, you wish you had a transport ring or even a stargate to take you there and back quickly.
                Guilty. I live in one state and work in another, but my commute is so long that it feels like I live on one planet and work on another... Stargates would cut down my commuting time considerably!
                I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by CatGoddess
                  Guilty. I live in one state and work in another, but my commute is so long that it feels like I live on one planet and work on another... Stargates would cut down my commuting time considerably!
                  But you can't have two active stargates on the same planet...so you'll have to settle for an Asguard transporting beam...

Sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by CamandVala
                    But you can't have two active stargates on the same planet...so you'll have to settle for an Asguard transporting beam...
                    Like I said, it feels like I live on one planet and work on another... hence, the commuting via Stargate. But I could settle for rings or an Asgard transporter beam... anything is better than the commuter rail
                    I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

YKYAGHW....

you correct obscure facts/episode references/character traits/development in other people's fanfiction....
                      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebuster64 View Post
                        YKYAGH when your cell phone can play both stargate theme songs

LOL!
                        I wish!

YKYAGHW
                        you can read Ancient without using a piece of paper with every Ancient letter and what is is in English!

(LOL, guilty and lovin' it)
                        I love Stargate SG-1! http://www.freewebs.com/stargatesg147

The BSG song! LOL. (inside joke-ish)

Spoiler:

Comment

You have a wireless mouse that looks exactly like an Asgard stone thingy. (at least in your mind

Comment

YKYAGHW...
                            you have anquietas as your font on aim and it doesnt cause a problem for you at all.
                            or
                            you wait for the day when they announce the stargate is real on CNN or Alien crusaders are in orbit.
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

YKYAGHW you're convinced the only reason the Doctor saved the planet from invasion twice was b/c he didn't want to upstaged by the Asguard, who were in orbit both times
                              I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                              sigpic

Comment

you know you've watched too much stargate when you start to see pre-1997 as the dark ages (as in before Stargate SG1)...

or when your on a water slide and you imagine it is the wormhole effect, and the bright flash at the end is when you hit the pool at the end...

your mad with someone and your staring at them as if your eyes are glowing

or when huge teddybears remind you of General Hammond

Comment

Working...
                                X