Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name the next Tau'ri ship (silly or serious)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
    I can see it:

"FOXWOODS - Playland of the Tau'ri"

"GE - We bring good things to Lightspeed"

"BestBuy - On Earth and Off"

Just playin'; just sayin'!
    Clever, very clever!

"Palmolive - Tough on Goa'ulds, easy on Humans...."

OK, it's lame. I'm blanking on namebrand slogans.

Comment

The Deathticle

Help!
      My emojournal

Comment

Originally posted by True!Ancient
        whats the ancient word for earth?
        Earth
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Personally I think they should go for something with a bit of a 60s vibe, like Psychedelia or Flower Power

Nah...I dunno!

Comment

Originally posted by .:Lemon:.
            Personally I think they should go for something with a bit of a 60s vibe, like Psychedelia or Flower Power

Nah...I dunno!

Or, since we've been broadcasting radio waves for over a century, maybe we should name our ships after some venerable old radio shows, so that when we meet them for the first time the aliens will have some familiarity with us:

The Amos & Andy

The I Love Lucy

The Bonanza

Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

The Owen Macri! lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

The Millenium Falcon.

The problem they have is that a lot of these mythological names are taken. They could call it something and get sued by the inhabitants of another planet for stealing their name. Actually that sounds like a good episode...

Comment

eventualy there will be The We Can,t Think of Anymore Names For a Ship. as the name
                  sigpic

Comment

Having the better half of me as Greek, I would go with the names of the Greek gods & heros. The other half of me, would want each ship to have a code name such 'Charlie', 'Lucy' 'Linus' and 'Snoopy"

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                    I know a few of us have discussed this on a few other threads, so why not make a thread about it.....

We discussed naming some of the new ships after females (Athena, Zena, Cleopatra, the Carter )

We discussed naming some of the ships with Italian names (the DaVinci, the Caesar, the Galdiator, the Godfather , the Rigatoni )

Lets hear them my fellow GW brethern...silly or serious, Egyptian, Greek, Sumarian, Italian, French, English...etc...
                    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

How about......................

GateWorld

Comment

Something greek or celtic.
                        eg Icarus or hercules
                        Or they can go Asgard and call one the Oneil one the Carter one the Jackson and one the Teal'C.
                        or ones for each country as apparently
                        Spoiler:
                        theyre going public with the Gate
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                          Something greek or celtic.
                          eg Icarus or hercules
                          Or they can go Asgard and call one the Oneil one the Carter one the Jackson and one the Teal'C.

I like the names Hercules or Icarus for the ships!....

If they are gonna name anyof those ships after SGC memebers they should definetly name one of them 'the Hammond' of Texas

I also like the idea of honoring Bra'tac by naming a ship after the great one!.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Brad84cnc
                            The SS More Powerful than Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and the Incredible Hulk put together
                            HAHAHAHA. Yes! How about "The Quagmire"
                            302's lead the way!

Comment

Wasn't "Icarus" the one that flew too close to the sun,causing the wax that held his wings together,in turn ending his flight on a rather sour note?That's not far off from naming it "Titanic" .
                              Or am I thinking of a different character?

My vote is for the staight forward....the "Whoop-*$$"!
                              nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Originally posted by nugglebugget
                                Wasn't "Icarus" the one that flew too close to the sun,causing the wax that held his wings together,in turn ending his flight on a rather sour note?
                                Yep that was him
                                302's lead the way!

Comment

Working...
                                X