Convergence (216)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
    It was an okay episode, I'd say. Some of the pieces of the plot didn't seem very crucial, unless perhaps they were there for the sake of setting something up for later. Sullivan's presence seemed a little pointless, but whatever. Some cliches were employed for Yusuf's actions (a lot of it seemed to be taken from "Prototype"), which sort of took away from the newness of the experience.
    It was good, but it wasn't Horizon at its finest.

Overall: **1/2
    Well, it was mainly a stand alone episode that basically celebrated the return of Yusuf, so I suppose certain parts wouldn't make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things.

As Alex said, we had been thinking of a foil for Christine for quite some time, and this is when we decided to put him in. Later I brought up the idea that perhaps he and Christine could be secluded in some sort of peril. Even if you believed his prescense to be pointless, I don't think anyone really intends for him to be a one-off character. This episode merely introduced him and characterized him a tad bit, and I'm sure there's more for him later on.

As for the cliched superhuman plot, I can't argue with that. We tried to stay away from similarities to "Prototype" (it was considered Yusuf stop bullets, but that was scrapped due to similarities), but I'm sure some things showed through. It was just fun to tell an old fashioned sci-fi story, however cliched it might be.

Your comments are appreciated as usual. While you say that you didn't find it mind-boggling, I'm glad you did get some enjoyment out of it.

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
    Anyway, good episode. I enjoyed it, rather liked some of the backstory about Chris and was good to see Yasuf back.
    Thanks for the comments as well. I'm sure we'll be seeing him a bit more from now on, although it would appear he's gotten promoted from his former position of "gate slave" that Sen'rel aka Vorian Technician has adopted.

Originally posted by mentalmichael
    Seriously? If Alex doesn't mind I'd love to see that (I'm still basically picturing DS9 for Horizon )

Also, I liked this episode. However, one question - do we now have a working ZPM?
    As usual, thanks for the compliments. Alex had the station as his MSN icon for quite some time, so I'm sure he'd show you. It's an old unfinished model, though, but it does look pretty cool.
    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
    Stargate Destiny, Fan
    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Yusuf;s return is a welcome one.

A lot of good points to this one. Poor Yusuf! Getting knocked out and messed around on his first day back, the guy has terrible luck!

The device mystery was handled well, as was the build up to Yusuf's changes.

The party scene was great, I like how we're seeing the characters off the job more this season, adds a bit of depth.

The episode was good overall, two interesting threats (Yusuf and the ZPM). Grant's choice to bring Christine onboard is even more interesting in light of what happened to Sullivan. It does make me wonder how Grant knows Christine is a super-genius, despite her lack of academic achievement. The backstory to this decision is an interesting route that I hope the series pushes into. On the face of it it LOOKS like Grant was merely playing favourites to his friend. Christine has proven herself now, but in which ways were these qualities shown before she signed up for the mission?

A good balance of character, the rather cliched enhanced-human plot can be mostly forgiven because of the light it shone on the other characters.
      I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

I have to say I did read this episode but didn't get around to a review because I was watching Atlantis. I'll just say I liked how we got devlopment out of reccuring character. I got to take a break from reading Horizon to study for finals but I'll be back on Thursday to critize/praise your episodes
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I got to take a break from reading Horizon to study for finals but I'll be back on Thursday to critize/praise your episodes
          Looking forward to that.

By the way, I noticed you never posted a review for "What Comes Before The Dawn..." I was just curious what you thought about that episode.
          Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Working...
          X