Resurfacing (309)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
    But definatly Comonwealth from Andromeda.
    Well, after all Bay'lar used to be a regular on Andromeda. With longer hair, of course.

Liked the Bentari. Although I do have my issues with them. To start off, the Scavenger bit, liked it and all, but, it seems to me that it has been done an awful lot, races that take and use the technology of other races in order to win and get by.
    It might be. But to Stargate, I believe, it is something new -- at least as I recall off the top of my head. In "...Shall We Not Revenge?" we'll be seeing a little more of them, and how their culture and society works.

Which reminds me, about their appearence, and how they are introduced, it reminds me of the Magog from Andromeda. And I was wondering is that a coincidence, is it my imagination, or are you basing some aspects of the Bentari off of the Magog.
    That's just a coincidence. I'm not too familiar with Andromeda actually. I do vaguely recall what the Magog looked like, now that you mention it. But to my knowledge they weren't an influence when coming up with a look for the Bentari.

Speaking of which, look for a concept drawing of the Bentari to go online this weekend. Along with some other new episode info that might be interesting, as well as the podcast for "A Pleasant Little Trip." It was actually recorded almost three weeks ago, but we just haven't been able to get it up due to technical delays. But it should hopefully go up either tomorrow or Sunday.

Also, the book, this is going to be coming a lot more into focus, it is now a matter of life and death for the Vorians to find the good old book. As this war is now defiding them to the larger threat of the Bentari. And they have to unite. Which I think it is where you are going in part two, I imagine a cvombined Vorian/ Kihandari task force to take out the prison complex and rescue the people. But, the Horizon teams need to find the book, now more then ever, because ifc they don't, the Bentari is going to have a feast of unimagined proportions.
    Part two, you say? Hmm.

Although, there are two elements that the Bentari are forgetting. One is Earth, which we are starting to have a substantial fleet all on our own. And I believe that we might be able to hold off the Bentari until the Vorians aren't so distracted any more. And the second element is the Enoly, which I see two posibilities for this. One: The Bentari will pick a fight with the Enoly in order to adapt and develop the technology from the Enoly to fight the Vorians. Or, the Enoly may nto sit idly by and wacth the Bentari conquer the Vorians, because if this happens and they learn to develop Vorian technology, it would be bad for the Enoly. So I could see an episode in the second half of the season where the Enoly and Vorian fleets join forces very temporarly to bring an end to the Bentari threat, once and for all.
    Those are definitely some good points. It seems right now they're just quietly trying to take advantage of the war, but of course, as we saw at the end, the Kih'Andari (and now also the Vorians) are aware of what they're doing. It should be interesting to see how the Bentari will react to that.

Also, I have had an epiphany, a Eureka moment. Together We Stand, is going to be an episode where we find the book, and the Kih'Andari/Vorians realize that they have to fight together, in order to defeat both of their enemies.
    I'm actually quite eager to release some more info on "Together We Stand" pretty soon. Right now I'm afraid I really couldn't comment on this either way. So all I can say is... that's an interesting theory.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
      (If Marc's episodes for SG: Andromeda are this good - which they ought to be, it's his show! - I'll be very happy... )
      I was wondering if anyone had noticed this actually. Since -- at least as far as I know -- so far Marc hadn't mentioned that he's also a staff writer on Horizon. And a pretty good one, at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post

That's just a coincidence. I'm not too familiar with Andromeda actually. I do vaguely recall what the Magog looked like, now that you mention it. But to my knowledge they weren't an influence when coming up with a look for the Bentari.
        OK, just a comparison that leapt to my mind. But the more the ep went along the more vague that comparison started to become.

Comment

I actually didn't really like this. It just felt very meh. The writing didn't flow particuarly well. It felt very bland and almost as if Marc was bored while writing the script.

I did, however, like the idea behind the Bentari - while scavenger races aren't new to Stargate eg. Goa'uld and the Lucian Alliance - it's interested to see them in Horizon. They didn't particuarly come across as terrifying baddies though so I hope they're scarier in the conclusion.

I did love the developement for Bay'lar though. Some nice backstory on him - and Sivea.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Jelgate’s Two Cents
            Doesn’t Horizon have too many as it is. Why do you have to bring in another enemy? That is my one and only compliant. I have no problem with The Benati; I just feel that Horizon has a few to many enemies. That said this was a good episode. It really showed a lot about Bayler’s character and the friendship between Sievea and Bayler. I was really impressed on how we get major character development?* for a recurring character while also giving an action pack episode. I loved how we are able to se Callen and Bayler still clash.?* There was quite a shock on Grants face when he found that Sievea and Bayler use to be engaged. There was a lot of anger when Bayler thought his mentor was killed and a lot of relief when he found him alive. I have to show my gratitude to the fact to the flashbacks of Bayler in Vorian basic training and showed the kind of person he is. I am kind of curious to know hoe Vahernt found out about The Bentari?* capture and why he would be offering the information to Callen. I should close with saying that I don’t dislike the Bentari, but I think you are creating too many enemies for the Horizon crew. 4/5
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Same as sentiments are become really. For me the highlight of the episode was Bay'lar, his backstory and most importantly, the time he spent with Sivea. It was nice to get into their relationship like that. Again, the Bentari was a nice inclusion and one that I believe had been hinted too before. Having the Bentari concept art for the re-read was an advantage as well.

Poor choice of some words in the action, I feel. "causing life" - should have been costing? There's a few more examples too. Also some spelling mistakes - "riffles".

But I understand this was his first released script that wasn't edited to the extent your normal releases are.

Bright side with the re-reads is, again, I can't remember the specifics of what happens so I look forward to seeing why the leader has a grudge against Bay'lar and to seeing how the Bentari are further used.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                But I understand this was his first released script that wasn't edited to the extent your normal releases are.
                I don't think it has anything to do with it having been Marc's first episode since I did a pass on it actually. So, as always, the showrunner is the one to blame. As it should be.

Comment

Working...
                X