Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shadows of Things to Come, Part Two (425)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alex u realy are evil just ascending daniel like that and leaving us without a clue thats just pure EVIL
    and my biggest curiosity is to where did he ascend....

to quote anubis "There are diferent planes of existence"

and the only reason i gave it a 4 is that superweapons have been done to death
    and we now have a new super powerfull enemy also done to death
    would have been more nice with a even powered or even a bit underpowered enemy thats just verry cunning ^^
    so i see only one way for this to go if its gonna be a new direction: Ascended Daniel is gonna be intefering on a daily basis

McKay: Crap.
    Hermiod: What did you do?
    McKay: I just ran it through a translation program. It's Wraith.
    Hermiod: Crap, indeed.

Comment

I think it's not so much that these enemies are super powerful but rather how the situation seems to have been completely shaken up. The Bellepheron is now gone. The Enoly are gone. Sivok is now an enemy again but from the sounds of it we don't know how that's going to pan out. Was he convinced by the Ingrali that they were the right ones to lead? He mentioned free will earlier. Was this his choice, for the betterment of his people?

I think we'll be searching for the "point of origin" in Season 5 but how that'll all tie together, I don't know. Daniel probably ascended to the Nebulan plane this time and I imagine we'll be seeing so much more of them from now on.

Absolutely loved this episode. So much twisted and turned on it's head. I also got the Camelot vibe which was awesome because Camelot was easily one of the best SG finales. So much hopelessness and confusion. I'm quite eager to have some deaths due to that fight. Maybe Logan and maybe Lenori too. Just not Percival. Anyone but Percival.

And wow, it's been over 2 years since Season 4 premiered. Tough times but it's done now and what a bang.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I've been following this series for quite some while now and I really like it. I can hardly wait until October when season 5 starts airing.
        In contrairy to other people I'm not that sure Daniel has ascended. Yes, he realizes something, but who says that it isn't something else. His body was dying, so maybe his consiousness was just transported out and was that the light. Ok, I might be looking it to far, but for an ascended being who isn't aloud to interfere with lower plains, isn't it very difficult to lead the way? I hope that Lenori will make it, because I wonder how his relationship with Christine/Kayla is going to evolve.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          What about Ultera? It was made reference to in Part 1 of the Season Finale will be going back there before Season Five is up?
          I don't think we'll be going back there since they never found anything there that would explain more about where and especially what this Point of Origin is.
          Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by nano View Post
            and the only reason i gave it a 4 is that superweapons have been done to death
            and we now have a new super powerfull enemy also done to death
            would have been more nice with a even powered or even a bit underpowered enemy thats just verry cunning ^^
            It's true that powerful enemies have been done, but first and foremost we always look at it from the point of view of what we've done on this particular series with these characters. And it will be quite a different situation they'll be finding themselves in once Season Five starts. And also the idea is really that now, as it gets closer to the end of the series, the stakes are higher than ever before, and you'll really get the feeling that no one is safe and anything could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
              And wow, it's been over 2 years since Season 4 premiered. Tough times but it's done now and what a bang.
              Yeah, this has been the longest season in the history of long seasons I guess. In a way I feels like it has two parts; episodes 4.01 thru 4.16, which was the original run, and then 4.17 thru 4.25 which aired between last year and now.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaer View Post
                I've been following this series for quite some while now and I really like it. I can hardly wait until October when season 5 starts airing.
                That's great to hear, I'm glad you like it! And thanks for taking the time to post here!

In contrairy to other people I'm not that sure Daniel has ascended. Yes, he realizes something, but who says that it isn't something else. His body was dying, so maybe his consiousness was just transported out and was that the light. Ok, I might be looking it to far, but for an ascended being who isn't aloud to interfere with lower plains, isn't it very difficult to lead the way?
                Those are all very good points. It was really intended to be vague and left open to interpretation.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                  It's true that powerful enemies have been done, but first and foremost we always look at it from the point of view of what we've done on this particular series with these characters. And it will be quite a different situation they'll be finding themselves in once Season Five starts. And also the idea is really that now, as it gets closer to the end of the series, the stakes are higher than ever before, and you'll really get the feeling that no one is safe and anything could happen.
                  Yeah i realy hope u manage to create something new and unique out of it since atm it feels a bit like s09e20 of sg1
                  but that wasnt the reason i gave it a 4 u got argon101 and his dark frontier to blame for that

McKay: Crap.
                  Hermiod: What did you do?
                  McKay: I just ran it through a translation program. It's Wraith.
                  Hermiod: Crap, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                    Yeah, this has been the longest season in the history of long seasons I guess. In a way I feels like it has two parts; episodes 4.01 thru 4.16, which was the original run, and then 4.17 thru 4.25 which aired between last year and now.
                    That's one way to put it and it really does feel like that.
                    sigpic

Comment

considering the fate of Daniel and lenori Will we be seeing a major cast change if lenori or daniel or both of them don't make it? If so will we be looking at 6 cast line up like we've seen in sG-1 and Atlantis or will we be looking at the same 7 - 8 cast lineup like SGU and SGH?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        considering the fate of Daniel and lenori Will we be seeing a major cast change if lenori or daniel or both of them don't make it? If so will we be looking at 6 cast line up like we've seen in sG-1 and Atlantis or will we be looking at the same 7 - 8 cast lineup like SGU and SGH?
                        Answering that would require me to give clues as to whether or not those two will be around for Season Five. Anything is possible, but I'm curious as to what you guys think will happen with Lenori and Daniel, especially with Daniel being of great importance with regards to what's to come (assuming that Ja'vin was telling the truth).

Comment

I think he'll ascend to the Nebulan plane. I really don't know about Lenori. I really don't want him to go.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                            I think he'll ascend to the Nebulan plane. I really don't know about Lenori. I really don't want him to go.
                            That leads to the question (and we should probably start a new thread for this) of just what exactly do you think the "Nebulan plane" is? What's different between them and the ascended Ancients? And yes, this is something that will be addressed before the series ends. That much I can say.

Comment

Also, and this is probably something that would be heavily discussed if this were on TV, how do you think Grant will react to what Sivok did? Since Grant was the one who actually let Sivok come along on the Bellerophon.

If you go back and re-read that scene where Sivok approaches Grant about joining them, what Grant (and the audience at that point) don't know is that Sivok's motivation is to come along in order to stop them from carrying out their plan. If Grant had said no, there's nothing Sivok could have done about it, and most likely the Bellerophon would have succeeded in destroying the Ingrali base on the other side of the passage.

So... hmm. That's interesting, isn't it? One could say that was certainly quite a mistake, especially as Grant himself was the one that has been saying for the past four episodes or so that he doesn't trust Sivok and he thinks he's up to something. But then he does let him come along.

This was done intentionally because I think it's important to have characters that do make mistakes and they don't always make the right calls. I'm actually surprised that no one has brought this up so far with regards to this.

Comment

Regarding grant and sivok Im going to guess that before the series is up Grant and Sivok they're going to have one last face off and when they do its going to be for keeps. Grant's antagonistic relationship with sivok reminded me of John Sheppard and Todd's antagonistic relationship.

Comment

Working...
                                X