No announcement yet.

Christine Summers/Lenori Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the interaction between Lenori and Chris in all the episodes so far. What is apparent is that they are very close. What isn't apparent is the full extent of that closeness. I think the writers have done a nice job setting up this relationship to grow into just about anything. To me, Lenori and Chris are the heart of the show. They bring an emotional component to the action of the episodes. Through their interaction, the reader can connect with the "human"(or humanoid) response to these outrageous circumstances they find themselves in from week to week.

I think that is the draw of the Stargate mythos for many fans, including myself. Not only do you tune in for the awesome space battles and cool technology, but you are genuinely interested in how these events affect the characters. Without the reactions of the characters, the awesome space battles and the cool technology are just cool visuals. With the reactions of the characters, you get rich storylines and great drama.
    Chase: "I'd like fish-sticks for lunch!"

Comment

Originally posted by prometheus72
      I love the interaction between Lenori and Chris in all the episodes so far. What is apparent is that they are very close. What isn't apparent is the full extent of that closeness. I think the writers have done a nice job setting up this relationship to grow into just about anything. To me, Lenori and Chris are the heart of the show. They bring an emotional component to the action of the episodes. Through their interaction, the reader can connect with the "human"(or humanoid) response to these outrageous circumstances they find themselves in from week to week.
      Yeah. That's a great way of looking at it.

I think that is the draw of the Stargate mythos for many fans, including myself. Not only do you tune in for the awesome space battles and cool technology, but you are genuinely interested in how these events affect the characters. Without the reactions of the characters, the awesome space battles and the cool technology are just cool visuals. With the reactions of the characters, you get rich storylines and great drama.
      That's very true. To me, what makes any series of movie work are the characters. If the audience doesn't care about the characters, then things won't be working too well.

I've said before, our show is very character driven. And one of the fun things about writing it (and I think reading it) is all the various character relationships and interactions. It's a huge cast, and in addition to that there's a great amount of recurring characters.

We've actually been talking about some of the character relationships and dynamics recently, and where we want to go with some of them as the season progresses and beyond. I'll say you can expect some interesting things coming up.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

I like the character's friendship, but any further relationship just doesn't work in the interest of Horizon. (Besides, every time I think of Lenori, I see Jacob/Selmak, and I just can't possibly accept any form of ship involving him.)

Comment

Ye, Lenori is more of a father figure with her. A brother or something similar.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

But if I had a dime for every woman I personally know who is with an older man, I'd have...50 cents.

Comment

200-some years older, though?
              Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
              Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
              Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
              Stargate Destiny, Fan
              Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGulf1
                200-some years older, though?
                Even older! lol

Comment

Necrophelia is not cool, man. Just not cool.

Comment

Getting back to the topic of the thread... we were thinking about an episode where Christine and Lenori get stranded on a planet. Time on the planet goes by much faster (think "Epiphany"), so they spend several years there, fall in love, get married, have kids, etc.

At the end they return to Horizon, and we keep their kids as recurring characters. We all love the idea, and are considering it for early in Season Three.

Hmm. I wonder if anyone is buying this.
                    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

You just forgot the part where Lenori has to work two jobs to support all those kids and Christine develops a drinking problem. Oh, and make sure you have the kids be really precocious, running around the station wreaking havoc everywhere they go (especially with Chase in engineering!). You could turn the whole series into a sort of Rosanne In Space. I think it's brilliant! Lol.

Comment

Perhaps a spinoff?

Joe also pitched an unrelated arc in which David discovers his wife is a lesbian and he's forced to get a sex change to win her back. Perhaps in season three.

Er, but, I divert...
                        Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Er, but, I divert...
                          The term is "digress."

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
                          Getting back to the topic of the thread...
                          Thank you!

We need something to do here. Or better yet, more hints!
                          This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Divert works just as well. Although digress is more commonly used in that context, one of the definitions of "divert" is "to turn aside from a course or direction." No matter.

It's hard to give out many more hints involving the Lenori/Christine relationship without giving away too much. To be extremely vague, I guess I could say that Lenori's arc will take a turn in the near future that will have an effect on both Christine and Lenori.
                            Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

It's hard to give out many more hints involving the Lenori/Christine relationship without giving away too much. To be extremely vague, I guess I could say that Lenori's arc will take a turn in the near future that will have an effect on both Christine and Lenori.
                              I meant we should discuss some of the hints already presented in episodes, though new hints are always appriciated.
                              This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X