This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
    You can just download the episodes one at a time as you're reading them rather than download them all at once. That way you don't have to wait.
    Can't really do that with your 1st 3 season unaccessable
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Can't really do that with your 1st 3 season unaccessable
      It's just the first two seasons that aren't accessable, and there's been alternate links posted here on the forum to both of them.

http://saturn.afmu.com/~virtec20/Season1.zip

http://saturn.afmu.com/~virtec20/Season2.zip

And those actually are zip files, which I just realized. So that really makes things easy then.

I will still get those first two seasons back up, but when it comes down to writing the series or working on the website, the writing part just takes priority right now.
      Last edited by Alex Rubit; 01 April 2010, 10:07 PM.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

And those actually are zip files, which I just realized. So that really makes things easy then.
        Yes....yes it does

I'll get to them at some point now...
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Do you watch Babylon 5, Alex?
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
            Do you watch Babylon 5, Alex?
            I haven't seen a lot of it actually, just an episode here or there, but not nearly enough to really know anything about it. Eventually I do want to still get around to watching it from the beginning.

Comment

I just recently got into it and I have to say it's fantastic. You should.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Yeah, that's what I've heard from a lot of people, that it's really great.

Comment

Oh, seeing B5 in occasional basis... well, sucks! B5 is a show to be seeing as a whole. Only so you can feel the sense of the plot, the drama, the changes, the myriad of sub-plots, characters... and so on
                  sigpic
                  ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
                  - That's a lie!!!
                  - Indeed it is...

Comment

I have a question to you about Horizon :

How is born the project SGH ????
                    Sorry if my english language is bad ,it's beacause i'm a french

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RickWesten View Post
                      I have a question to you about Horizon :

How is born the project SGH ????
                      When I read it I wasn't sure if you mean the series itself or the Horizon Stargate Project, so I'll just answer both.

I had actually started writing it well over a year before it was released, and originally I had never planned to actually publish it. I didn't know about virtual shows at the time, but once I discovered some of them, I realized it would be great to actually release Horizon as a virtual series. I don't think anyone (the original three of us who were on staff at the time) really knew it was going to grow the way it did, and become as popular (which is thanks to all of you guys ). And that's basically how it all started.

As for the Horizon Stargate Project, basically in the pilot the humans discovered Horizon which had been abandoned by the Vorians at the time. They were able to start an alliance with the Vorians, and the Vorians basically at the time agreed to let them use their gate. Not until Season Two did the Vorians become more involved with the Horizon Project and started stationing more of their people on the station, including Callen who replaced Grant as the station commander.
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 May 2013, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Ok thank you ;

I have another question ( I'm curious ^^) for make one episode what is your work method ???
                        Last edited by RickWesten; 17 April 2010, 12:50 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Ok thank you ;

I have another question ( I'm curious ^^) for make one episode what is your work method ???
                          To some degree because I am a screenwriter (not just for Horizon) I approach writing an episode for SGH just like I would any other project that I'm working on, which means that the experience of writing for the series is really the same as it were if it it was a television show. Which is a great thing, just in terms of experience.

These are basically the steps: once we decide on a story idea, we'll basically create a brief story document that describes what the episode is about, beginning, middle and end. But sometimes the story document is really just the pitch that a writer might make. Then, the story is broken, which means we figure out what happens in the Teaser and Acts One thru Five. After that an outline is created, and what that is is a blue print of the script, which contains actual scene descriptions, locations, and what happens in every scene, throughout the entire episode. And, finally, after all that is done... that's when you finally move on to writing the first draft of the script, which then keeps being polished and revised until it's done.

If there's any interest in that, it could be a nice special feature to release some of our outlines and draft scripts which still contain revision marks and color coded pages. It could be interesting to see how much sometimes changes from the outline to the final version of the script.
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 May 2013, 08:13 AM.

Comment

That's impressive -- Is it your Job (i mean screenwriter) ??? and how long does it take to do this ????

sigpic

Comment

That's impressive -- Is it your Job (i mean screenwriter) ??? and how long does it take to do this ????
                              I also have a day job still right now, but I'm actually in the process of both selling a script and also getting an agent. The way the business works has changed a lot of the past few years, and these days there's sites through which you have access to producers and agents that, a few years ago, you would have only had if you were already established in the industry. You can even find out exactly what kind of scripts they're looking for right now and then pitch directly to them. More and more industry people are using the internet to find new material and/or writers to represent, which I think makes a lot of sense.

The goal is to actually start working on television shows in the very near future. And yes, I would love to get a chance to write an episode for SGU, because I love the show and it's stronger focus on the characters. I've always been more drawn towards character oriented writing. It's only in its second season now, so I guess there's still some time left to maybe get a chance to pitch some ideas. But no matter on what show, it'll just be great to finally be a full time writer/producer.

As far as how long it takes, that depends. Another thing Horizon has taught me, which is very helpful for when it comes to working on TV shows, is to be able to write script very quickly, if needed. On average I would say it takes me about a week to write a one hour script, while some have taken longer than that, while some of them took less time. It really depends also on how much actual writing time you have on any given day.
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 May 2013, 08:14 AM.

Comment

If there's any interest in that, it could be a nice special feature to release some of our outlines and draft scripts which still contain revision marks and color coded pages. It could be interesting to see how much sometimes changes from the outline to the final version of the script.
                                Sounds interesting. I think that would be fun to read.

Comment

Working...
                                X