No announcement yet.

The Fan-fic Ideas and Advice Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come there are no Scottish action adventure heroes in books, movies, or TV shows?
    Some guy from the roughest part of the east end of Glasgow. Call him Wee Shuggie McClumpha, just to hang a name on him.

The bad guy's busy with his plans for world domination monologue, Shuggie mutters "F**k this for laugh." headbutts him, then hoofs him in the balls a couple of times for good measure as he goes down.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      How come there are no Scottish action adventure heroes in books, movies, or TV shows?
      Some guy from the roughest part of the east end of Glasgow. Call him Wee Shuggie McClumpha, just to hang a name on him.

The bad guy's busy with his plans for world domination monologue, Shuggie mutters "F**k this for laugh." headbutts him, then hoofs him in the balls a couple of times for good measure as he goes down.
      I would love to read the build up for this. Sounds like a fun read truth be told

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Anybody know where I can puck ub a Proff Reader? Cheep?
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
          Anybody know where I can puck ub a Proff Reader? Cheep?
          You seem to be having trouble smelling your worms today, old boy.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

You seem to be having trouble smelling your worms today, old boy.
            Yeah. I post stuff places and it means it goes thru at least 3 different spell checks and I can still read it later and FIND STUFF MISSPELLED via Typo....How I don't punch my compute screen to death every day... I DO NOT KNOW!
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

what about Highlander though? As far as I am concerned that is very Scottish...I know it is old but still

Sorry I'll vanish from this thread again, just saw that post XD

Comment

BruTak -- doesn't the 12th Doctor count as Scottish?
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  BruTak -- doesn't the 12th Doctor count as Scottish?
                  Alien who sounds Scottish.
                  sigpic

Comment

Alien who sounds Scottish.
                    Carson Beckett then...

Comment

Carson Beckett then...
                      Well, he did once headbutt (or "Stick the heid on" as we say here in Scotland) a Wraith warrior in an SGA novel, and immediately afterwards have a "What the hell did I just do!" moment.
                      sigpic

Comment

Carson Beckett then...
                        That would be a rather boring action story with him as main protagonist

That said I really like Carson

Comment

Well, he did once headbutt (or "Stick the heid on" as we say here in Scotland) a Wraith warrior in an SGA novel, and immediately afterwards have a "What the hell did I just do!" moment.
                          Carson qualifies...

Comment

Carson is amazing; do not try to change my mind. I see Rodney and Carson as brothers from differetn mothers

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                              Carson is amazing; do not try to change my mind. I see Rodney and Carson as brothers from differetn mothers
                              No I would not try at all

Can I stay in this thread actually if personally I do not write fanfic, though?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkenLycht View Post
                                Can I stay in this thread actually if personally I do not write fanfic, though?
                                Of course, you can... Maybe you have some ideas to share, even if you don't write them out yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X