Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for certain types of fanfictions

Well - Good morning campers

I just got back to reading Stargate fanfiction (after a long absence from the genre (started shortly after SGU died!)) and I am looking for certain fanfictions:

1. Alternate Movie (as in: They grab Ra's ship - don't care if it's damaged or not, but I would love the SGC to have access to advanced tech at the start of the show (so that people like the Tollan don't look down on them!))

3. Fictions that involve the SGC getting access to technology early (before they build the X-301/X-302) and make them put more focus on technology (it's after all vital to Earth's survival - it's a pet peeve of mine when it comes to SG-1: They stumble around the galaxy like they have all the time in the world instead of doing things like attacking the enemy (the Goa'uld at the start), interrogating Jaffa (like: "Hey, I know you worship Apophis, but as we are enemies of his enemies, too: Why don't you tell us of their bases, so that we can attack them? I am sure your god would like that! If your information is good, we will even let you go!" (etc. capture Jaffa of every major Goa'uld and you should get decent information on everyone in return!)), trying to pull some Tok'ra moves (increase Goa'uld infighting by subterfuge, misinformation, attacking the most powerful Goa'uld in order to give the others more of a chance (prolonging the fighting) etc. etc.), grabbing every piece of tech they can (even all staff-weapons, even if they already have warehouses full of them (a rifle-conversion kit is a nice idea, I've read some fictions that have that!)) and not trying to be the good Samaritans of the galaxy (at their own expense - I mean sure, don't let people suffer if it doesn't hurt you, but as long as your home is in danger don't waste time damned!)

4. Fictions involving the Tok'ra with a Jack/Tok'ra (note: Not male, I don't like slash much) pairing (and: If possible NO Martouf/Sam - sorry, but that guy just didn't click with me and I don't like him (more so as he's arrogant and supports the Tok'ra not giving the SGC any technology)...I will read stories where he's not the focus though!)

5. Fictions were Jack gets a symbiote and stays a host if possible (Bonus-Points: If it's Jolinar from "In the Line of Duty" and/or if he gets together with Sam (I am a bit of a shipper for that pairing))

6. I'd love to see a Tok'ra in Atlantis (or on the Destiny!)! (and some Zat-Guns etc.)

I have been looking on my own but there's not much on Fanfiction.net and google isn't that helpful either -.-

So: Please, help me out here!
    Last edited by Laxian of Earth; 30 November 2015, 01:51 PM.

Have you tried archiveofourown (AO3), or LiveJournal? There are some very active Tok'ra writers on both arenas. A Google search turned up this community, for instance.

EDIT: You might find some potential fics here on GW too.
    "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."
    Earth is gone, but Atlantis must survive... Apoca!fic. Post-Season 5. John/Sam.

Comment

There is a yahoogroup for fans of the Tok'ra. It's called tokra-resistance. It's not terribly active, but they do have a place to post plot bunnies, so maybe you can get someone to write something there. Or ask there if they know some fics like the ones you are interested in.

There is also Symbiotica, but you probably know that.

Tok'ra Kree! that neela mentioned above is currently doing their 8th round of their fic-a-thon. I think prompting has just ended or ends soon, but you can go see if you have time to get in some prompts for fic you want to see.

Regarding Martouf; I won't discuss liking or disliking him, since that is an individual thing, but I would like to say that he has never said or implied that he doesn't want to give the SGC technology and he has actually given them tech in Serpent's Song. So that part must be fanon from some fics I haven't read
      All the Tok'ra have some arrogance, but Martouf is far from the worst - and he was very much in support of the alliance with the Tau'ri and working with Daniel to write the treaty between their people.

Btw. I did write a fic where Jack was host to Jolinar, but it was only temporary. First part of the series is here, and it is gen.
      sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Hey,

Yes, I know both groups (and I've searched them already, too and read some of the stuff that's on there) and archive of our own is known to me as well (I've even tried Heliopolis, but that's not working ATM it seems -.-)

Still, thank you for trying and if you've got more ideas, then please: Share them

Comment

Working...
        X