The Alliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to say it like that:

and that is one thing that is wrong with modern day germany, that we - that never were Nazis, never had anything to do with them, neither did most of the current generations parents - are still "dealing" with a past that should be remembered but NOT (and i stress that!) influence current policy like it still does (i mean the US don't let Vietnam influence it's current policy, does it?), like giving Israel preferential treatment still and selling them weapons etc. if they just ask (stuff other countries would not even get their hands on!)

and no, i am not talking about forever, i am talking about 20-50 years (why that long? - to start programms of uniting the planet, teaching children about unity, not hate etc....IMHO earth just needs to be more prepared. dropping this bombshell could literraly destroy (!!!) the planet, if north korea/iran etc. got trigger happy because of that or if religion would start preaching hate against the IOA/Stargate-Nations because knowing that there is alien live out there would bring many religions to the brink of extinction etc. IMHO the world needs to learn unity, it can not be forced on it by a greater enemy, not now, when the world political situation is volatile like some explosive compounds)

as for Winstong Churchill:

that SOB and the United States decided to commit war crimes against the people of germany (bombing civilians with everything they had, even incendiary bombs that caused the Dresden Firestorm) so i do not love him, but i can respect him - he and the british people were against the wall and would have lost without the US-Troops to back them, so i can even understand his actions (also i still think he should have later admitted to war crimes!)

to Kai-Shek:

hm - most of that i didn't know, thank you for enlightening me (the subject of history almost only features germany for the years between 1945 and now...the broader perspective is almost lost, only certain incidents are even spoken about in the lessons, everything else you only know if you read some...and i admit that history is something i like, but not a main hobby of mine, so i don't constantly study it)

same for the United States:

the use of the Nuclear Weapons on Japan was a War Crime IMHO (they Nuked CITIES, not military installations!), too (and not the only one - stealing all of germanies technologies with Operation Paperclip was a (war) crime against he german people, too - if the US, the british, the french and Russia would have to pay back royalties to germany for the theft, all those countries would go bancrupt IMHO - but it would only be right)

note: i do not love/like/tollerate or excuse that Adolf Hitler was guilty of war crimes, crimes against humanity and more (he was a real monster and should have been put down right after "Mein Kampf" was realesed, but nobody really read that book and if they did, no one acted!) but IMHO the Allied Nations were just as guilty and robbing the german people (the secrets of rocket-engines, jet-engines and more were things of immesurable worth and the victors of the war just took what they liked, it is just frustrating that they did get away with it IMHO) is just wrong!

greetings LAX

Comment

Originally posted by Anto117 View Post
      History remembers Churchill for his leadership of Britain during world war 2,look up documentaries on Churchill, there is nearly no mention of Churchill's Black and Tan leadership during the Irish war for independence. He even attacked Eammon De Valera in a speech after World War 2 ended because we were neutral. Despite this I don't hate all of Britain for his actions, my best friend is half British and half Irish.
      yes; quite whitewashed biographying; I know about that--during WW2 Churchill wanted De Valera to let him stattion Birtish troosp there I believe, to deter the Germans, and even threatened to invade if DeValera didn't let him

true; Michael Collins had sisters who attended university in England and she had alot of close frinids from there who were British; it's important to recognize that not all British believed in what their government was doing In Ireland; there was that British Labor PM who strongly supported Irish home rule (even tho that would still make Ireland dependant)
      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
        yes; quite whitewashed biographying; I know about that--during WW2 Churchill wanted De Valera to let him stattion Birtish troosp there I believe, to deter the Germans, and even threatened to invade if DeValera didn't let him

true; Michael Collins had sisters who attended university in England and she had alot of close frinids from there who were British; it's important to recognize that not all British believed in what their government was doing In Ireland; there was that British Labor PM who strongly supported Irish home rule (even tho that would still make Ireland dependant)
        True I also learned that in during World War 2 America also allegedly had plans to occupy Ireland if Britain fell to the Nazi's.

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
          sorry to say it like that:

and that is one thing that is wrong with modern day germany, that we - that never were Nazis, never had anything to do with them, neither did most of the current generations parents - are still "dealing" with a past that should be remembered but NOT (and i stress that!) influence current policy like it still does (i mean the US don't let Vietnam influence it's current policy, does it?), like giving Israel preferential treatment still and selling them weapons etc. if they just ask (stuff other countries would not even get their hands on!)

and no, i am not talking about forever, i am talking about 20-50 years (why that long? - to start programms of uniting the planet, teaching children about unity, not hate etc....IMHO earth just needs to be more prepared. dropping this bombshell could literraly destroy (!!!) the planet, if north korea/iran etc. got trigger happy because of that or if religion would start preaching hate against the IOA/Stargate-Nations because knowing that there is alien live out there would bring many religions to the brink of extinction etc. IMHO the world needs to learn unity, it can not be forced on it by a greater enemy, not now, when the world political situation is volatile like some explosive compounds)

as for Winstong Churchill:

that SOB and the United States decided to commit war crimes against the people of germany (bombing civilians with everything they had, even incendiary bombs that caused the Dresden Firestorm) so i do not love him, but i can respect him - he and the british people were against the wall and would have lost without the US-Troops to back them, so i can even understand his actions (also i still think he should have later admitted to war crimes!)

to Kai-Shek:

hm - most of that i didn't know, thank you for enlightening me (the subject of history almost only features germany for the years between 1945 and now...the broader perspective is almost lost, only certain incidents are even spoken about in the lessons, everything else you only know if you read some...and i admit that history is something i like, but not a main hobby of mine, so i don't constantly study it)

same for the United States:

the use of the Nuclear Weapons on Japan was a War Crime IMHO (they Nuked CITIES, not military installations!), too (and not the only one - stealing all of germanies technologies with Operation Paperclip was a (war) crime against he german people, too - if the US, the british, the french and Russia would have to pay back royalties to germany for the theft, all those countries would go bancrupt IMHO - but it would only be right)

note: i do not love/like/tollerate or excuse that Adolf Hitler was guilty of war crimes, crimes against humanity and more (he was a real monster and should have been put down right after "Mein Kampf" was realesed, but nobody really read that book and if they did, no one acted!) but IMHO the Allied Nations were just as guilty and robbing the german people (the secrets of rocket-engines, jet-engines and more were things of immesurable worth and the victors of the war just took what they liked, it is just frustrating that they did get away with it IMHO) is just wrong!

greetings LAX

that's OK

Yeah; it's really not fair. Some German military officers were disgusted with how Hitler was committing genocide on Jews and nationals of countries they fought or occupied. Like Rommel, who refused to deport Jews when Hitler ordered him to in France and insisted on paying the French people for their forced labor. There was a German admiral who helped to sneak thousands of Jews out of Germany. Do you know how many and which ones of the Valkyirie conspirators opposed Hitler for ethical reasons, not just that he was fighting the war like a moron?

Perhaps; disclosing in a faulty way could result in very bad consequences.

Yeah; people overlook Churchill committing war crimes in Ireland and in Germany. You mean the USSR would've been able to have a larger portion of Germany on its wall side? Yeah; I found that bombing, to be either purposefully or negligently, to be plain wrong. The allies should have considered only the Axis powers tend to do that kind of thing, and not to do the same ****. You're supposed to be better ethically; don't adapt the same course of action!!!! Alas.........

No problem. :-)

I always hated how the US decided to do that, b/c slaughtering civilians in a war is exactly a war crime. I know of a US pilot of a bomber plane over Japan who later became a general, and he feels haunted to this day over what he did. They told him they were allegedly bombing military installations, b/c that's what higher-ups to when they knwo they're ordering people who have a conscience that might tell them otherwise. Unfortunately, the ones who ordered this aren't alive to bring to trial anymore. Some of my US friends share the same idea. Some US history courses do critically evaluate the US dropping the bomb. I always thought they could've videotaped the event and sent it off to Japan to threaten the Imperial Government, or dropped it off the coast of Japan, away from civilians, to demonstrate they had the capability. Admiral William D Leahy, the then Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, thought the same about it being unecessary to drop the atom bomb.

I think people thought Hitler was a pathetic jokle at the time, so didn't take him seriosuly and act on it. They should've made the Nazi scientists work to benefit the German non-Nazis in exchange for not executing them.
          Last edited by StargateWatcher; 26 April 2013, 10:21 AM.
          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Albert Goring the brother of Hermann Goring saved Jewish people during the second world war and had contact with the Czech resistance and encouraged acts of sabotage.

Comment

yeah, there was resistance, just not much of it (and most was civil disobedience and saving of jews (while that's good, too it didn't stop the nazis))

real fighting against the regime was not done (at least not by the german people at large...there were some, but none really made an impact...i hope that if something like this happens again, that people will have the courage to fight (i would hope that i would have that courage myself!))

greetings LAX

Comment

I've decided to scrap The Alliance fic and rewrite the story as a one-shot as I'm already writing several feature length stories already.

The one-shot is entitled Alternate Realities.

Comment

oh, that's bad - but it is your decision

greetings LAX

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
                    oh, that's bad - but it is your decision

greetings LAX
                    Here's where the story Alternate Realities is. I hope you read it and tell me what you think of it.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...ities-one-shot

Comment

Working...
                    X