Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Outcasts

Hi,
    I'm new here, and as every other newb that signs up, I'll throw my 0.2€ into the ring by providing a general outline for a new story. Basically where I come from, I've watched SG-1, SG:A and SG:U, but with an emphasize on SG:A as it is my personal favorite.

So, to first understand this idea, you need to know that I've been watching other shows with R.D.A (specifically MacGyver), and that I want to infuse SG:O with a little MacGyverism, so to speak.

The premise of this new show is Lt.Ford from SG:A, after he disappeared. The main team casting would be:

Lt. Aiden Ford - (Rainbow Sun Francks) - Leader
    Sora - (Erin Chambers) - Intel Op
    Jonas Quinn - (Corin Nemec) - Scientist
    Dr.Carson Beckett - (Paul McGillion) - Medical Doctor

Recurring characters (Atlantis):
    Ronon Dex - (Jason Momoa)
    Dr. Radek Zelenka - (David Nykl)
    Teyla Emmagan - (Rachel Luttrell)
    Lt. Colonel John Sheppard - (Joe Flanigan)

Recurring characters 'chasers' (Earth military forces, minor antagonist in that they want to capture, not kill Lt. Ford):
    Major Evan Lorne - (Kavan Smith)
    Sgt. Bates - (Dean Marshall)

Recurring characters 'chasers' (Lucian Alliance in the Pegasus galaxy, major antagonists):
    Odai Ventrell - (Mike Dopud)
    Solek - (Sean Campbell)

(Other antagonists as needed)

Directors:
    Martin Wood
    Robert C. Cooper

Writers:
    Jonathan Glassner
    Brad Wright (needed!!)
    Robert C. Cooper*
    Peter DeLuise

First, the show starts with Lt.Ford. How he got away. Second, to remove a potential entry-point for the Lucian Alliance, Atlantis is sent back to the Pegasus galaxy with the (unexpected) help of Jonas Quinn after he escapes the smoking ashes of his homeworld. Should have a potential lovestory in this (like Ronan Dex). Maybe the last samples of Naquadria will power Atlantis for a one-way trip.

Anyway, I'm just hammering out ideas from my head here, so be patience. The details and the sub-plots should be up to those making the show, I'm just writing down some general ideas and I'm not to worried if those ideas are picked up by the pro's and contribute something to the SG-series.

How about how the team works in comparison with SG-1 and SG:A. Well, I want a lot more of SG-1 and SG:A, and not so much of SG:U, with addition of a bit MacGyverism thrown in the mix. The SG-series are profoundedly rooted in science fiction (to a degree), and the general idea behind MAcGyverism is to use smart ideas that people understand were shooting things up might not always solve the problem. So, it's a challenge for the writers to come up with ideas, and I suggest watching MacGyver to see how they solved problems without resorting to slaying people. But as an A-grade SG-show, of course.

Now, the idea is out there in the open. It can be picked up and apart to see what works and what doesn't. Ohhh, and I hope if they ever create something new, that they fund at least 5 seasons back-to-back as a complete series, and not cut it off like they did with SG:U (which was a shame, to be honest).

So, any thoughts?

Just a quick note that is unrelated to the subject of this thread. Here are some renders I've done in DAZ Studio of various Stargate themes.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7033/6...4f5e6e23_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7145/6...9a3f0294_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7094/7...1d7821c3_z.jpg

(I haven't at present configured my avatar, links or anything as I'm a 'Probie')
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 16 January 2013, 07:34 AM. Reason: Links changed.

Comment

My main thought is I CAN'T WAIT.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I'm having a hard time visualizing why Jonas Quinn and Carson Beckett would be on an "outcast" team.

I'm also having a hard time understanding how Sora would find herself working with what amounts to her enemy.

Comment

Jonas escaped from his planet and joined the team for some important reason.
          Carson I presume is the traveling doctor clone.
          Sora I guess had some reason.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

The main reason I chose Sora was that she's an interesting character, and I wanted to see her develop. As for why, well, that's something that can be invented, right? She was an op that might not be trusted by the Genii due to her stay at Atlantis, and now she's out looking for work with the right crew.

Carson Beckett travels around the galaxy, and he might join up because when he talks with Ford might sympathize with his struggle against addiction. The development from tension towards trust between those two, might be quite interesting to watch as well.

Reading the fan-fictions in the forums is quite encouraging, because I'm not alone thinking things can be done with a new show, or even expansion of old ones.

Thanks for replying to this thread, at least I know it didn't get ignored.

Comment

Still can't see that combination willingly working together. Especially since Sora gave the original Carson a concussion in the first season episode when she and her fellow Genii tried to take over Atlantis. Would have to be an exceptionally good reason for her and the others to be working together.

Comment

Working...
              X