No announcement yet.

Fan Fic Writers Sprinting Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think that a 10-second delay is going to be a big deal in what is essentially a crit group. Google Docs is nice for those who already have learned to navigate it (hint hint).

Okay, getting started now on the spring because I forgot what time it was! My huge mug of iced tea was blocking the clock and I always forget to look at the one in the lower corner of my screen.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
      I don't think that a 10-second delay is going to be a big deal in what is essentially a crit group. Google Docs is nice for those who already have learned to navigate it (hint hint).

Okay, getting started now on the spring because I forgot what time it was! My huge mug of iced tea was blocking the clock and I always forget to look at the one in the lower corner of my screen.
      That's okay--I got sidetracked by still working on dividing my sales order and had a movie on that I'd never seen before. Finally saw the time and recorded the movie. Brain still foggy, so we'll see what I can do. Think I might work on a blog or two since I haven't blogged in a couple of weeks.
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Grr! Gotta go see what's making the dog next door bark!

Comment

One hour, 1545 words. And here I thought I'd be lucky to make half of what I did on Monday.

This story has taken on a life of its own in two nights of writing. It is now completely not what I originally intended it to be. But I'm liking it. Amazing what can happen when you disengage the brain!
          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

For the last hour I too have been writing, my goal was to at least get this chapter to 4000 words {when I started I was half my goal for each chapter of 5K words or more. On average my chapters now are around 5500 words} So I am now 50 words short.

Who knew that Daft Punk is so helpful!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
              One hour, 1545 words. And here I thought I'd be lucky to make half of what I did on Monday.

This story has taken on a life of it's own in two nights of writing. It is now completely not what I originally intended it to be. But I'm liking it. Amazing what can happen when you disengage the brain!
              My current story's been like that, too! I'm liking where it's going, especially since it's turning into the prelude to my NaNo fic, but it was something of a surprise.

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
              For the last hour I too have been writing, my goal was to at least get this chapter to 4000 words {when I started I was half my goal for each chapter of 5K words or more. On average my chapters now are around 5500 words} So I am now 50 words short.

Great job on the word counts!

I'm at 2,401 and still going.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post

Daft Punk is exceedingly helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                  My current story's been like that, too! I'm liking where it's going, especially since it's turning into the prelude to my NaNo fic, but it was something of a surprise.

I'm surprised because what I'm writing now is not what I set out to write - but it's working beautifully with the 4K words or so I'd written so long ago and set aside. Although the tone's changed a little so I'll need to dress up that old front - but I'm okay with that.

2400 and still going? Get 'em girl!

Comment

I'm surprised because what I'm writing now is not what I set out to write - but it's working beautifully with the 4K words or so I'd written so long ago and set aside. Although the tone's changed a little so I'll need to dress up that old front - but I'm okay with that.

2400 and still going? Get 'em girl!
                    I've been writing for 20 years, and my writing has been getting a lot longer the more I write.

Comment

On my actual total word count {working on chapter 23 of 40 with chapters 25 and 28 completed and undergoing corrections by me to fit the chapters before the completed chapters to have better consistancy} I'm pretty much lost count, I recall though that the first ten chapters had a grand total of 55,455 or such. I'd have to look again, but with the second ten chapters it doubled the 55K to 110K, and since I plan exactly 40 chapters total for this story I'm looking at a grand total of somewhere near 400K words, possibly more with the spin off stories I'm working on in the off time

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Great job on the word counts. My brain was too fuzzy to think, so I did some research for an original fic I want to write. I started with trying to blog for "Mythological Mondays" and researching succubi, but then Lilith started tugging at me again. I've been wanting to write a Lilith-based story for a couple of years now. So I did a bit of research. And then one of my sales reps texted me--remind me next time to turn the phone off/to silent.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I've been writing for 20 years, and my writing has been getting a lot longer the more I write.
                          I've been writing - really writing - for about 15 years. My biggest thing is keeping myself from going back and re-reading and editing. If I could stop doing that, I'd get far more words on paper during these sprints. I'm getting better but it's still a struggle not to fix as I write.

But a writing instructor told me long ago to spend times like these just getting words down. They don't need to be good, they just need to be on paper. But I can't help the fixing - I like the words to be good!

Comment

Daft Punk is exceedingly helpful!
                            Yes it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                              Great job on the word counts. My brain was too fuzzy to think, so I did some research for an original fic I want to write. I started with trying to blog for "Mythological Mondays" and researching succubi, but then Lilith started tugging at me again. I've been wanting to write a Lilith-based story for a couple of years now. So I did a bit of research. And then one of my sales reps texted me--remind me next time to turn the phone off/to silent.
                              Texts from work are a constant problem here, too. And maybe you didn't get done what you were hoping to, but you still got work done so you can call tonight a success!

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                                I'll make a note of it *writes down oin a dticky note; 'remind Whytewytch to turn off cellphone'*

Comment

Working...
                                X