Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU - Stargate Universe - The Continuation (2.0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came here to find some SGU fanfiction to see if anyone had picked up the slack, and I was plesantly surprised. You came up with some ideas I hadn't thought of for a potential continuation and I like that.

Having read episode 1, I do have some suggstions tho, please cut out repeating lines from the series for the sake of it, I cringed every tiem i head rush say, "good little soldier routine" or "a lotta work". that stuff, apart from being settled in season 2 (Why is Scott against rush again all of a sudden? Why Is Everett butting heads with him again?) it seems forced.

i'm also not too sure about holo-Eli, I would have had him locked into the chair with his brain in the computer but the body frozen and/or alive due to the chair. But my season 3 would have been around them trying to free Eli from the chair

That and I would have left Lisa blind as per Joe Malozzis' plans, probably used the Destiny and neural interface to give her Kino vision or something.

Having said that, I look forward to reading the rest.
    Last edited by Count; 22 May 2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Count View Post
      I came here to find some SGU fanfiction to see if anyone had picked up the slack, and I was plesantly surprised. You came up with some ideas I hadn't thought of for a potential continuation and I like that.

Having read episode 1, I do have some suggstions tho, please cut out repeating lines from the series for the sake of it, I cringed every tiem i head rush say, "good little soldier routine" or "a lotta work". that stuff, apart from being settled in season 2 (Why is Scott against rush again all of a sudden? Why Is Everett butting heads with him again?) it seems forced.

i'm also not too sure about holo-Eli, I would have had him locked into the chair with his brain in the computer but the body frozen and/or alive due to the chair. But my season 3 would have been around them trying to free Eli from the chair

That and I would have left Lisa blind as per Joe Malozzis' plans, probably used the Destiny and neural interface to give her Kino vision or something.

Having said that, I look forward to reading the rest.

Thanks for the comments! To address some of your concerns:

1) Scott suspected Rush of working his own agenda, will be brought up again in ''Legacy''. As for Rush and Young butting heads again, that's always been present in the show itself if you pay careful attention. Young didn't fully trust Rush, even up til the end of S2 he didn't completely trust him.

2) Even though things seem fine with Park (for now) there will be reprcutions. May be not this Season, but there will be some!

3) Holo-Eli has secrets, some he knows about and others he doesn't know about. Stay tuned!

Will try and have ''Code of Honor'' uploaded today, nearing the end of Act III.

Comment

''Code of Honor'' promo pic uploaded, not the best one but it'll do! Episode coming very shortly

Comment

3x02: ''Code of Honor'' officially and finally released!

Comment

3x03: ''Legacy'' - Sneak Peek #1:
            =============================
            EXT. SOLAR SYSTEM

ESTABLISHING. We pick up straight after the end of ‘’Code of Honor’’ with the DESTINY flying into range of a planet with several obelisks orbiting it, the same type of obelisks that had been discovered on a planet named EDEN by several former members of the Destiny crew who chose to stay behind.

The obelisks form a circle surrounding the planet in a blockade formation, at least nine or ten.

INT. DESTINY - BRIDGE

We are on the bridge of the Destiny with ADAM BRODY and LISA PARK working at their stations. Adam is shaking his head in disbelief at the readings he is seeing.

ADAM BRODY
            This is impossible!

LISA PARK
            What is?

ADAM BRODY
            These readings... I’m not detecting any sort of energy signature.

LISA PARK
            No way!

Lisa stands up and walks over to Adam’s station and glances at his console.

LISA PARK
            Wow...

ADAM BRODY
            I gotta go tell Colonel Young!

Adam launches out of his seat and runs out of the bridge.

INT. DESTINY - OBSERVATION DECK

EVERETT YOUNG, ELI WALLACE, CAMILE WRAY, CHLOE ARMSTRONG, MATTHEW SCOTT, DALE VOLKER and NICHOLAS RUSH are still on the observation deck staring at the planet in front of them.

ELI WALLACE
            There has to be a reason that Destiny dropped out.

NICHOLAS RUSH
            Unfortunately there is no way of knowing exactly what Destiny is thinking, we know that the ship has a mind of its own and works in ways we cannot begin to imagine.

Adam runs into the observation deck, out of breath from his long run.

ADAM BRODY
            (panting)
            There’s no distinct power source!

Everyone in the room turns around to face Adam who steps back to lean up against the wall. Everett reaches for his radio and shows it to Adam, he moans in annoyance.

DALE VOLKER
            That’s impossible! Everything requires a power source to operate, I don’t care how advanced the technology is. Everything runs on power.

VANESSA JAMES (O.S.)
            Colonel Young come in.

Everett speaks into his radio.

EVERETT YOUNG
            Go ahead Lieutenant.

VANESSA JAMES (O.S.)
            You might wanna come down to the Gate room, something... extremely odd’s happening.

EVERETT YOUNG
            On our way.

Everett walks out of the room followed by Rush, Eli, Adam, Dale and the others.

[RIGTH]CUT TO:[/RIGHT]

INT. DESTINY - GATE ROOM - LATER

VANESSA JAMES is standing at the ancient version of a DHD as the others enter, we see the Gate dialing on its own.

ELI WALLACE
            What the hell?

VANESSA JAMES
            It just started dialing on its own sir, I can’t seem to stop it.

She looks down at the console.

VANESSA JAMES
            Chevron six locked.

Everett looks over at Eli.

EVERETT YOUNG
            Eli, help shut it down.

ELI WALLACE
            Trying!

Eli hurries over to the console as Vanessa stands aside. Rush remains calm.

NICHOLAS RUSH
            No, no, no. Let it dial.

Everett looks over at Rush.

EVERETT YOUNG
            Why?

NICHOLAS RUSH
            Just let it dial.

ELI WALLACE
            Chevron seven locked!

The STARGATE activates and settles, Chloe looks up at the count down clock above them the screen remains black. She looks at Rush.

CHLOE ARMSTRONG
            There’s no count down.

CAMILE WRAY
            Nicholas what the hell is going on?

Rush smiles.

NICHOLAS RUSH
            She wants us to explore this planet.

MATTHEW SCOTT
            Why?

Rush turns back to face the others and explain his reasoning.

NICHOLAS RUSH
            Destiny knows that we are, at our very core, explores. She wants us to explore this planet now why I have no idea, but this seems like the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the unlimited time that she has provided us with.

Everett thinks the situation over for what seems like forever, Rush walks over.

NICHOLAS RUSH
            Colonel, you and I both agreed that from now on we’d both start to trust each other. I am asking you to trust me now.

Everett looks at Rush seeing true conviction in his eyes a look of which he has never seen before, he nods and looks at Matt and Vanessa.

Everett looks at Rush seeing true conviction in his eyes a look of which he has never seen before, he nods and looks at Matt and Vanessa.

EVERETT YOUNG
            Lieutenant’s Scott and James I want you two to gear up and get a team together, you’re going down to that planet.

Matt and Vanessa turn around and exit the Gate room to get ready for the mission.

Everett stares at the Stargate wondering what the hell is going on, why Destiny wants them to explore this particular planet and weather or not that the obelisks surrounding the planet belong to the ones that built a planet nicknamed Eden and what other mysteries lay beyond the event horizon.
            Last edited by Homer 120; 27 May 2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Below is a break down of what was real and what was in Varro's dream world, spoiler tags enabled if you haven't seen the episode yet!

Spoiler:

REAL:
              All of the Teaser and Act I
              The opening scene of Act I in Young's quarters
              Part of the Med Bay scene in Act II
              The ''Accidental'' reveal
              Gloria's ghost's sudden reapperence
              The Mess Hall scene in Act II
              The end scene to Act II
              The confrintation scene between Wray and Young
              TJ/Young's scene
              The last few secnes of the episode

DREAM WORLD STUFF:
              Anything involving Varro and Latham

Hope this clears things up a little, I do intened on clearing up the
              Spoiler:
              Gloria
              stuff in future episodes. This was by far one of the most complicated episodes I have ever written for ANY FanFiction but as the writer, it was worth every pain staking second!

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
                Fresh link to ''Three Years Later'' added, the server I'm using has a 31 day limit on it so expect the links to changes every so often.
                Try webs.com (there is a bandwidth limit though)

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                  Try webs.com (there is a bandwidth limit though)
                  I have backup PDF files of each episode, it's really no biggie.

Comment

About a quarter of the way through Act I of this episode, hope to have it out by the next couple of weeks. As next week is my birthday I may be away from the computer for a while so expect a short delay! Next Sneak Peek will be up shortly.

Comment

INT. DESTINY - CONTINUOUS

We follow Tamara and Jennifer down one of the ship’s many, many corridors they are talking as they go.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      The way the ship is described by the crew doesn’t do it justice.

TAMARA TJ JOHANSEN
                      She is a pretty incredible ship, and she continues to surprise us.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      Such us?

TAMARA TJ JOHANSEN
                      Well, most recently, dialing the Stargate without any help from us.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      Is that even possible?

TAMARA TJ JOHANSEN
                      We know that this Gate is somehow tied in to the ship’s operating systems, how I have no idea I’m not exactly qualified to know the inner workings of the ship.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      Like Doctor Rush?

Tamara nods as the two turn a corner.

TAMARA TJ JOHANSEN
                      He’s pretty much our resident expert in all things Destiny.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      Considering the amount of secrets that he’s kept over the past few years, quite frankly I’m surprised that anyone on board the ship is willing to trust him absolutely.

TAMARA TJ JOHANSEN
                      Sure he’s made some mistakes in the past, some of them pretty bad ones.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      Like causing the death of one of your own?

Tamara stops walking and walks in front of Jennifer to face her, directly.

TAMARA TJ JOHANSEN
                      No one, not even Rush could’ve know that would happen.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      But it could have been avoided all together if he had just told everyone that he gained access to the ship’s bridge and most of the primary systems.

TAMARA TJ JOHANSEN
                      What makes you think that it would have happened any differently had he told us?

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      Pure speculation. Of course.

Tamara nods not believing a word of it, of course.

TAMARA TJ JOHANSEN
                      Of course.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      I would like to personally offer my condolences on the lose of your baby.

Tamara is taken a back by Jennifer’s sudden change of subject.

TAMARA TJ JOHANSEN
                      I thought we were talking about Rush.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      We were. But I’ve heard all I needed to hear, have you had a chance to talk to someone?

TAMARA TJ JOHANSEN
                      I’d really rather we not talk in the open like this.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      Why? Is it because of how forward I was with the question? Or are you really not ready to talk about what happened?

TAMARA TJ JOHANSEN
                      There’s nothing more to talk about. I lost my baby and she may still be alive somewhere I don’t know, knowing that she could be alive... is keeping me sane.

Jennifer nods, satisfied by Tamara’s reasoning.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      You said you’d have somewhere setup for me to conduct my interviews?

Tamara smiles and nods.

TAMARA TJ JOHANSEN
                      Best part of the ship.

Tamara turns around and walks down the long corridor with Jennifer following behind her.

INT. DESTINY - OBSERVATION DECK

Tamara enters the observation deck, followed by Jennifer. She is stunned at the sight.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      My god!

TAMARA TJ JOHANSEN
                      See?

She laughs in amazement as she walks over to the large viewing window in the front of the room, Rush is present and looks at Jennifer.

NICHOLAS RUSH
                      Doctor Conrad I presume?

Tamara looks over at Rush and shrugs when she doesn’t answer him.

NICHOLAS RUSH
                      Well I’ll take that as a ‘Yes’ then.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      Incredible!

NICHOLAS RUSH
                      That’s what most of our visitors say whenever they get the grand tour which usually ends in the very spot you’re standing in.

She looks over and smiles at Rush, shaking his hand.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      You must be Nicholas Rush, I’ve been quite eager to meet you.

NICHOLAS RUSH
                      The pleasure I’m sure, is mine.

Tamara smiles.

TAMARA TJ JOHANSEN
                      I’ll leave you two alone.

She turns around and walks away, Rush and Jennifer stare back out the window looking at the obelisks surrounding the planet.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      That is an odd formation!

NICHOLAS RUSH
                      Indeed it is. One of the many mysteries about this planet, but I suspect you aren’t here to discuss a mystery are you?

She lowers her head, leans on the bar and looks at Rush who looks back.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      No, I’m not.

NICHOLAS RUSH
                      The truth is out.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      Do you have a minute?

NICHOLAS RUSH
                      Actually I’m really rather busy at the moment.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      Seems to me that you’re just staring into open space.

Rush sighs.

NICHOLAS RUSH
                      Look I know what’s going on here, you’ve been given the tedious task by the IOA to asses the crew’s state of mind. Now given the changes in all of our lives that much I can understand, but why start with me? Surely Colonel Young would be a higher priority than yours truly.

Rush looks into her eyes.

NICHOLAS RUSH
                      What are you really doing here?

Jennifer sighs.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      Quite frankly the IOA believe that Colonel Young needs to be replaced as ship’s... whatever you have him labeled as, which is why I am here. To determine whether or not that Young should be in command of this ship, or if someone should take his place.

NICHOLAS RUSH
                      And who might that someone be, exactly? If you don’t mind my asking.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      Colonel Telford, the man who was originally mean to take command.

Rush shakes his head in disbelief.

NICHOLAS RUSH
                      Young and I may have had our differences in the past and while we may not see eye to eye on every day matters of the ship there is one thing we do agree on one hundred percent.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      And what’s that?

NICHOLAS RUSH
                      That he is, indisputably, the man for the job. Given the importance of Destiny’s mission I think that the IOA and Camile Wray herself would agree with me.

Jennifer looks stunned by Rush’s words, given the history between the two men this was not the response she had anticipated.

NICHOLAS RUSH
                      Was there anything else?

She shakes her head.

JENNIFER CONRAD
                      No.

Rush nods.

NICHOLAS RUSH
                      Then I'll be getting back to work. Welcome aboard.

Rush turns around and leaves the observation deck, Jennifer turns around and looks out the window at the planet in front of the ship. The job it seems, was a lot more than she bargained for.

Comment

Waiting for the third
                        Sorry if my english language is bad ,it's beacause i'm a french

sigpic

Comment

NEW EPISODE TITLES FOR SEASON 3.5!

3x12: ''The Ship''

3x13: ''Decent''

3x14: ''Power''

3x15: ''Paragon''

3x16: ''Comman Ground''

3x17: ''Face of The Enemy''

3x18: ''The First Wave (1)''

3x19: ''The Keepers (2)''

3x20: ''The Keepers (3)'' - THE EPIC 70 MINUTE SEASON FINALE!
                          ========================================

There you have it folks, the back half of the 3rd season of SGU! Decided to make the finale 70 mins as there is a LOT going on! ''Comman Ground'' was originally titled ''Lifeline'' but given the story I have planned for it, this seems like a more appropreate title. And it will feature a surprise apperence!

Taking a little writing break and will be on a two week hiatus in July taking a trip down to London.

Comment

Are you planing a season four ?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RickWesten View Post
                              Are you planing a season four ?
                              Maybe. Haven't decided yet.
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 May 2013, 07:44 AM. Reason: Quoted username changed.:)

Comment

I think you should end the story at the end of the season three. It's going to be easier for you.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X