Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU Virtual Series 3 - 3x06 "Entropy" is now online

At http://www.philotic.com/stargate

Here's where the story arc is getting ready to kick into high gear. There's only a few episodes left before the series finale...

I'd love to hear your feedback on this one, as the story is going back to the roots of Destiny's launch, where she came from, and is beginning to answer the reason for her mission...what the CMBR is all about, and what Destiny is going to do about it...
    Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Ummm Amelius never had anything to do with Destiny. It took the alterans thousands of years to reach the milky way, amelius would have been dead.

Comment

I gotta say, that opening scene? Every bit as touching and sweet as I expect you were going for.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
        Ummm Amelius never had anything to do with Destiny. It took the alterans thousands of years to reach the milky way, amelius would have been dead.
        Can you elaborate? Are you sure he had nothing to do with Destiny? It would make sense that the inventor of the Stargate had something to do with Stargate-seeding?

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Originally posted by lmoroney View Post
          Can you elaborate? Are you sure he had nothing to do with Destiny? It would make sense that the inventor of the Stargate had something to do with Stargate-seeding?
          To be honest, no, he probably had nothing to do with it. It was a very nicely done scene, as I said, but almost certainly impossible given existing canon. We know from "Air, Part 1" that Destiny was launched from Earth, and the Ancients arrived in the Milky Way millions of years after Amelius's time.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by lmoroney View Post
            We know in Avalon, Part 1
            DANIEL: After much time…and I think this means thousands of years, they found a great belt of stars.
            and
            DANIEL: It says that the Alterans named their new home "Avalon," and that they built many Astria Porta.
            We have no indication that the Alterans had any kind of stasis technology, even if they did it wouldn't be as advanced as we see in atlantis. The other Weir was in their for 10,000 years and ended up very old, I imagine Amelius would have died long before they found the milky way.

We also have no indication that Amelius had anything to do with the first stargates being built, just an idea. I thought up an idea of a shield generator but that doesn't mean i could build it or even that the technology exists right now.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              To be honest, no, he probably had nothing to do with it. It was a very nicely done scene, as I said, but almost certainly impossible given existing canon. We know from "Air, Part 1" that Destiny was launched from Earth, and the Ancients arrived in the Milky Way millions of years after Amelius's time.
              Launched from Earth....ah, nice catch, I missed that. Will need to rewrite. Doesn't have to be 'Eden' as the background, could just as easily be Earth millions of years ago...thanks.

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

I just want to say we don't know, really, how long the Ancients lived for. It would have been trivial to manipulate DNA to prevent aging for a society as technologically capable as theirs.
                And I'll add the fact that the timeline's been shot to hell by SGU's dialogue, which places Destiny lifting off sometime at the end of the Lantian-Wraith war. If you stretch things.

Comment

no. that war ended 10 000 years ago. it would put Destiny somewhere during the time the Ancients were in atlantis. although i believe Rush was kind of sloppy when it came to aging the ship. after all, can anyone really comprehend how long a million years is?

oh and it most DEFINITELY is NOT 50 million years old. it was only ever said once. Destiny was launched at the height, in the milky way, suggesting around the plague. in fact before the plague hit as some had figured out how to ascend and ascension was what made them drop the plan.

this places destiny between 7 and 10 million years ago. not 50

Comment

Working...
                  X