• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Alpha Fleet

Stargate Alpha Fleet

By Lord Yu

Prologue - Rememberence
    Year 2024

She never cried, she tried not to. But no matter how hard she tried the tears still fell. Tears streamed down the face of President Samantha Carter as she watched her beloved friend Jack O'Neill lowered into the ground at Arlington National Cemetery. Of all the life and death situations that they had been in it seemed ironic that the thing that finally took his life was Cancer. They could fly to other galaxies and open worm holes across the universe but they could not find a cure for such a little thing.

Jack had done so much good. She had lost count of the number of times that he had saved Earth at great personal risk. On their missions they had improved so many worlds and lives. Delegates from all over the world had come to the service. The Tok'ra High Council was there, along with the remaining Asgard and the Ancients that they had found three years ago. The Jaffa council was also in attendance.

After the Stargate program went public five years ago, Jack was the only human in recent history to receive two Congressional Medal of Honors, the nations highest award. One for defying General Hammond's orders and destroying Aphophis' two mother ships in orbit. The other for downloading the Ancient library into his brain and retrieving the ZPM to power Earth's defenses.

The last note of Taps was played and the planes flew over the cemetery, the flag was folded and presented to his ex wife. Jack was buried with full military honors. After the casket was lowered she saw Daniel and Teal'c approaching her. Both had been distant lately, and for good reasons. Teal'c was very busy in the governing of the Free Jaffa Nation. Daniel had been working with Dr. Rush and the Ancients on building and integrating ZPMs for Earth's defensive system.
    "Hey Sam, how are you holding up?" Daniel asked.
    "It's difficult, you know. We went through so much, Jack was the best friend that I ever had and I'm just torn up inside now that he's gone."
    "I can relate Samantha Carter" said Teal'c. "General O'Neill was like a brother to me, he gave me much knowlage and gave freedom to my people, for that we are eternally grateful."
    "He was a great man, he gave so much and never asked for anything in return. Except for his own parking spot!" Daniel laughed. "He rushed into the line of enemy fire with no regard for his own life, and helped so many without realizing it."
    "Indeed he did" said Teal'c.
    "He will be missed by everyone" said Sam "I have to go but don't be strangers ok. Both of you are coming to the correspondents dinner next moth right?"
    "We will indeed attend" said Teal'c.

A secret service agent leaned into the President's ear and whispered "Madam President we have to go, Earth is under attack." She nodded to him and said to Teal'c and Daniel "Feel free to call anytime, I'll see you next month." After that her security detail surrounded her and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, General Young, and they dissapeared in a blinding white light.

This is the prologue of a work of fan fiction with many chapters to come. I would love to hear your opinions. I'm not afraid to take constructive criticism.
    Premium fruits from chulac
    sigpic

This is a good prologue...cannot wait to read the rest of the story

Comment

General Young? the same Colonel Young from SGU?

Great premise, poor Jack, President Samantha Carter wow, I couldn't think of a better First female president. I look forward to seeing the rest of it. Although we know Earth is under attack, might you show an attack on Earth. Like an 302 falls out of the sky as the president receives the news. It just seems anticlimactic that we loose one of earths bravest heroes, than we find out earth is under attack. We don't see an attack start.

I also don't think Teal'c would say "I can relate Samantha Carter" said Teal'c. "General O'Neill was like a brother to me, he gave me much knowlage and gave freedom to my people, for that we are eternally grateful."

Teal'c would think of O'Neill as a brother, not like a brother. They were brothers in arms.
      I'm also concerned about the use of eternally grateful. It's good. But I just can't see Teal'c saying it. Maybe Always grateful, forever grateful, I will always be in his debt.

You also have a few spelling mistakes. Such as knowledge.
      Last edited by actuallyliam; 31 July 2011, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X