Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe Virtual Series: Season 3.5 Survey

Hello,

As many of you probably know, Lawrence Moroney (username: lmoroey) has been working on writing a virtual season of Stargate Universe to help wrap up the loose ends and give closure to story arcs that were left wide open.

The virtual season has been split into two half seasons. Season 3.0 (consisting of 3 episodes) and season 3.5 (consisting of 10 episodes coming this fall). Season 3.0 has already been released, and can be found here: http://www.philotic.com/stargate/ ...The other half season has yet to be written.

Recently, I started working with Mr. Moroney on the virtual series, and we agreed it would be a good idea to first take a "viewer survey". We think it would be beneficial for the readers to be involved in the construction of the final 10 epsiodes in order to make season 3.5 enjoyable for all.

Now over to you guys.... how can we improve this virtual series?

- What did you like about season 3.0
    - What did you not like about season 3.0
    - What would you like to see more of (plots, characters, alines, technology etc.)
    - What would you like to see less of (plots, characters, alines, technology etc.)

Thanks so much,
    Major D.
    sigpic

- What did you like about season 3.0
    - What did you not like about season 3.0
    - What would you like to see more of (plots, characters, alines, technology etc.)
    - What would you like to see less of (plots, characters, alines, technology etc.)
    honestly?

-i liked episode 1
    -i hated epsiode 2
    -i think episode 3 could've been better as i outlined
    -i would like to see more episodes in the spirit of 3x1
    -i would like to see less Episode 3x2 and episode 3x3.

the best course of action is IMHO to forget 3x02 and 3x03 ever existed.

story wise i outlined everything in the threads, but i think that the show needs more sense and logic and less deus ex machinae

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      honestly?

the best course of action is IMHO to forget 3x02 and 3x03 ever existed.

story wise i outlined everything in the threads, but i think that the show needs more sense and logic and less deus ex machinae
      Forgetting 3x1 and 3x2 is not going to happen...sorry.

As for Deus ex Machina, come on man, SGU already gave us a 'Deus' and left a bunch of plot threads hanging. I simply cant ignore that. As for what I have planned for them...I think its fair, and certainly isnt a Deus ex Machina scenario. The only time we came close to that was when they reloaded Destiny, but that was to give our characters a chance to make a choice.
      Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

SGU already gave us a 'Deus' and left a bunch of plot threads hanging.
        any story involving any form of fantasy, supernatural-ish things and dealing with divinity will inevitably have SOME form of Deus ex. from BSG to Supernatural itself. you can under no circumstances prevent any form of "deus ex" because by definition it IS.

so far SGU has a fairly low content of Deus Ex. in fact, the very fact that it was "too good to be true" led to the conclusion that the planet was artificial. Visitation showed that they weren't gods but definitely powerful. so we have a shuttle. who cares. SG1 could've stolen half the goauld fleet. by the way, true to Stargate Fashion it WAS destroyed. and it wasn't even super-powerful.

Twin Destinies a Deus Ex? perhaps. but time travel is already established to be easily achievable. it was actually just a matter of time before a gate activation met a solar flare. this time inside a star, and logic would dictate the effects would get wonkier and wonkier, the closer to a star.

so i don't really care for it. it's not nearly as bad as the one planet we just took containing the most powerful weapon in existence to wipe out that undefeatable enemy.

it's not trolling. i just think your stories can be better. 3x1 was quite good and then it went downwards
        Last edited by thekillman; 20 June 2011, 12:31 PM.

Comment

I'am not very big on script format but I think if you hadn't put in a normal star that just suddenly collapses then claim it as a very powerful alien race then I would be happy with what's happened so far.

i rule startegic games

Comment

Originally posted by shadez2 View Post
            I'am not very big on script format but I think if you hadn't put in a normal star that just suddenly collapses then claim it as a very powerful alien race then I would be happy with what's happened so far.
            Thinking through it logically - a normal star wouldn't just collapse that suddenly......

What was interesting to me (in the idea) was that in such a situation, you'd spend so much time *reacting* that you wouldn't think it through logically. One person on here suggested that the dialog should be changed to have the scientists talk about it actually happening 8 minutes before, but that defeats the purpose. This big bloody thing just blew up...stuff is coming your way....so you react.

But if there's more, the audience should see more -- and we do.

I'm not forgetting about this though, so I left a little breadcrumb in (Eli's work at the beginning) that might lead the crew back to something interesting.

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

The point is, they gave us a god-like thing, and left it hanging. I'm wrapping that up, not inventing my own Deus...

any story involving any form of fantasy, supernatural-ish things and dealing with divinity will inevitably have SOME form of Deus ex. from BSG to Supernatural itself. you can under no circumstances prevent any form of "deus ex" because by definition it IS.

so far SGU has a fairly low content of Deus Ex. in fact, the very fact that it was "too good to be true" led to the conclusion that the planet was artificial. Visitation showed that they weren't gods but definitely powerful. so we have a shuttle. who cares. SG1 could've stolen half the goauld fleet. by the way, true to Stargate Fashion it WAS destroyed. and it wasn't even super-powerful.

Twin Destinies a Deus Ex? perhaps. but time travel is already established to be easily achievable. it was actually just a matter of time before a gate activation met a solar flare. this time inside a star, and logic would dictate the effects would get wonkier and wonkier, the closer to a star.

so i don't really care for it. it's not nearly as bad as the one planet we just took containing the most powerful weapon in existence to wipe out that undefeatable enemy.

it's not trolling. i just think your stories can be better. 3x1 was quite good and then it went downwards

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Im not a fan of those series that continually wrap up the storylines every episode and leave nothing open.

People can claim that there are too many loose ends or that every ep has a deus ex but thats how these things work. If you just want closure you can write a movie and jam everything into it and be done, finishing the stories means you have to keep coming up with stories and alienate anyone who wanted to see more canon-esque SGU.

Comment

technically given that the writers planned 5 years, we are still 3 years short on SGU.

second of all, not all things should be wrapped. i think that it's a big, big mistake to tie up every loose end. TJ's baby was purposefully vague. you can believe that it was destiny and you can believe that it was the PB's. and the same with many more things.

my personal solution to Gauntlet would be that the ship suddenly rocks and drops out of FTL and then encounters a Rogue Star system.

Comment

Speaking of Imoroneys script, i started reading and when i got to the whole earth on fire thing, i stopped. Revealing Stargate to the world is fanwanky in my opinion.

Comment

Revealing Stargate to the world is fanwanky in my opinion.
                      why? it's been planned by the writers but that movie got cancelled. plus that it's more wankey to keep it secret given some of the crazy stuff we managed to keep silent

Comment

why? it's been planned by the writers but that movie got cancelled. plus that it's more wankey to keep it secret given some of the crazy stuff we managed to keep silent
                        true, but it really made me cringe for some reason.

Comment

For me, fanwanky is defined as the endless Jam/Sam romance fanfic, or endless, pointless space battles.

I do have to point out that escyos has the greatest .sig in the history of forums. Ever. Love it. Makes me want to hit someone with a box

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                          true, but it really made me cringe for some reason.

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Originally posted by lmoroney View Post
                            For me, fanwanky is defined as the endless Jam/Sam romance fanfic, or endless, pointless space battles.

I do have to point out that escyos has the greatest .sig in the history of forums. Ever. Love it. Makes me want to hit someone with a box
                            I tend to define it as any fan fiction which has elements of story that the fans all want - like you said Jack and Sam together, Ancients returning, Stargate being revealed.

Don't get me wrong, I respect the fact that you have written episodes but that little part really put me off.

Comment

Is there a reason you're only having a 13 episode first season?
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X