No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no, I lock up mine downstairs in the kitchen when I go to bed. They've stayed in my room for the night once and that was the last time. It usually takes me about an hour to fall asleep once I get to bed and every time I started dozing off the 'kitten' would jump on my bed (startling me), run over me to jump off on the other side and the other (much heavier) cat would follow. And they meowed or would want to lie on my stomach/feet/back, making it impossible for me to roll over. I don't think I slept much that night.

I was so happy I could lock them out of my room the next morning and get some peace and quiet (we had people sleeping over downstairs). But apparently my cats like to play a lot during the night. Which would probably explain why they sleep/doze a lot through the day
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
      My cats regularly try to trip me up going down the stairs. I think they have some kind of competition with a points system going on.
      Thankfully I do not have stairs to worry about, ladders yes, stairs no

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

SF: Take you GDO on the next trip out. We'll keep the controls manned in case you need backup. I know you'll have fun...and it will inspire your fic.

hedwig: Painting! -I'll help...when do you need me?? A simple flight out ...how much trouble could I get into?

ALL: Cats! Mine stands at the bedroom door in the a.m. and follows me around during my morning routine, desperately trying to redirect me to filling her food dish, yowling the whole time. EVERY morning. You think she'd learn by now. No assassination attempts -on me...she has tried several times on the dog (lol).
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

For the Doctor Who fans, here's something cool I've seen at Pennsic in years past: Tardis camp shower!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
          sigpic
          now also appearing on DeviantArt
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            In spite of the discomfort, I'll probably do more of the painting at some point. I didn't really mind the wallpaper stripping so much as the cleaning up of all the little paper pieces, along with the big strips of paper that got pulled off the wall. Some of that wallpaper seemed to have been put on with superglue.

I watch a lot of those home remodel shows on HGTV and like the looks of front doors that are painted red or blue or green, and would like to do that with mine, except that it's a metal door and I'm not sure how to paint something metal. The house is blue with white trim, so I'd likely paint the door a pretty blue.
            I like bright doors. Our back door is bright blue!

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
            SF: Take you GDO on the next trip out. We'll keep the controls manned in case you need backup. I know you'll have fun...and it will inspire your fic.

hedwig: Painting! -I'll help...when do you need me?? A simple flight out ...how much trouble could I get into?

ALL: Cats! Mine stands at the bedroom door in the a.m. and follows me around during my morning routine, desperately trying to redirect me to filling her food dish, yowling the whole time. EVERY morning. You think she'd learn by now. No assassination attempts -on me...she has tried several times on the dog (lol).
            You'll help hedwig with painting, but not me? *sob*
            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post

Perhaps we could gather a group and go from house to house, painting as we go?

Comment

O crud...now I'm in trouble! Can you provide me with the gate address of the 100 acre wood? I'll be there in a jiffy!

I 2nd that motion...it's the only way I'll get to meet you all in person! We better save our money, though...we are global, you know? England, China....
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I 2nd that motion...it's the only way I'll get to meet you all in person! We better save our money, though...we are global, you know? England, China....
                  Heh! Have paint brushes, will travel?

Comment

We'd have t o also mark calanders r ightly on days we are actiually free to do it... though me and paint.....

*notes that the last time she painted anything larger then a table she ended up all but taking a bath in brown paint*

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Paint and me don't mix. Ventilation always leaves the part early.
                      Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                        Paint and me don't mix. Ventilation always leaves the part early.
                        There are now paints referred to as "Low Voc", meaning low in volatile compounds or chemicals, and so there's no odor. That's what I used on the two rooms I've painted so far, and I never even noticed an odor, though I did have windows open during the whole process. There are even paints that are "No VOC", which is great. I also used the kind of paint that is blended with the primer, so I didn't have to prime the walls before painting. It worked great.

Comment

There are now paints referred to as "Low Voc", meaning low in volatile compounds or chemicals, and so there's no odor. That's what I used on the two rooms I've painted so far, and I never even noticed an odor, though I did have windows open during the whole process. There are even paints that are "No VOC", which is great. I also used the kind of paint that is blended with the primer, so I didn't have to prime the walls before painting. It worked great.
                          I'll recommend that to my parents, though we tend to try and use up old paints. I'm the 'go to' person around here if someone wants something painted.

If I had my way, I'd hire some college kids, get them low voc paint, and buy' em a pizza as well as pay 'em.
                          Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Now there's a plan!

O crud...now I'm in trouble! Can you provide me with the gate address of the 100 acre wood? I'll be there in a jiffy!

Gate address, gate address. Piglet was sitting on a gate with Pooh singing once. Planet P00-HBR perhaps?

As long as everyone has a gate, we should be okay. Surely those at SGC will permit us to use the gate for such a worthy project.

Heh! Have paint brushes, will travel?
                            That's the spirit! We are almost finished. Laundry room is done, doors and trim in both laundry room and kitchen are done. Kitchen walls still need one more coat, but that will happen on Thursday. The new floor comes tomorrow!

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                            I'll recommend that to my parents, though we tend to try and use up old paints. I'm the 'go to' person around here if someone wants something painted.

If I had my way, I'd hire some college kids, get them low voc paint, and buy' em a pizza as well as pay 'em.
                            Hubby and I. Sons helped on the weekend. It's been fun
                            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

As long as everyone has a gate, we should be okay. Surely those at SGC will permit us to use the gate for such a worthy project.
                              I have room downstairs for a small gate. Now if I could just find Orlin's blueprints for building that gate in Sam's basement, I'd be fine. Well, except for gathering together all the materials, that is.

Comment

I have room downstairs for a small gate. Now if I could just find Orlin's blueprints for building that gate in Sam's basement, I'd be fine. Well, except for gathering together all the materials, that is.
                                ...And you're going to need a new toaster. lol.

*hey -you were ALL thinking it. Bwahahaha*
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X