Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
    You can try what's listed here for Chrome; I once managed to recover Chrome bookmarks.
    You severely underestimate m ability to break electronics.

I have so far:

Crashed a computer when a paint program refused to use 'fill'.

Broken a game before touching it.

Confused a computer into thinking a game wasn't installed.

Gotten an error message on my fiance's computer that read 'Cannot find nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn after flatlining a program

Wound up with a single tile in Mah Jong when there was no possible way for that to happen in the program.

Oh, and my last computer committed technicolor suicide.
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
      I'll save them from now on (that does remember the url, right?), but I'm not going to recreate the list an time soon.

Remodeling, naughty cats, washing said cats, lack of food, lack of money, naughty computers, and lack of money have killed most of my initiative (which I might need for other things).
      I can soooo relate to the bolded part.

And I would be unable to type or do much of anything else requiring the use of my fingers/hands if I attempted to wash my cat. Even when I clip her claws they are still deadly.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
        Remodeling, naughty cats, washing said cats, lack of food, lack of money, naughty computers, and lack of money have killed most of my initiative (which I might need for other things).
        Ah yes, naughty cats, one of my cats managed to set the password on my computer once, thankfully i managed to reset the thing before the password took. Heck one of my cats were sneaky, in the sense that I'd have a coke or Pepsi with ice next ot the screen, and I'd be so focused on the screen that I'd nmever see my cat pull out an icecube and when she had done so, I'd take a drink of the coke or pepsi as if nothing happened.

Loved strraws too, loved playing with the things

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

If you use Chrome and have gmail, you can synchronize your bookmarks on any computer whenever you want. Comes in very handy when your computer dies.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            That sounds like me several months ago when I was stripping wallpaper off bedroom walls and the downstairs living space, and then painting the walls in a couple of rooms. I still have one small room and the downstairs to paint. I think I permanently injured my right arm and shoulder from all that scraping/painting/etc.
            That's entirely possible. Hubby and son number one did much painting yesterday. Today I will work on the pantry door and door between the laundry room and kitchen out in the garage. Without water in the kitchen and laundry room, we are doing dishes in the upstairs bathroom.
            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I gotta say, i never just bookmark fic. Never have. If there's a fic I like, i'll c/p it into word and keep it on my harddrive.

It's a habit i started doing way back when I didn't have internet at home - save fic at work, bring them home to read. and one I just kept up. Now as the fandom dies down and peoples' interest change, in many cases the fic I have aren't on the net anymore.

I see nothing ethically wrong with keeping others' fic, you just do not ever repost it anywhere.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                Ah yes, naughty cats, one of my cats managed to set the password on my computer once, thankfully i managed to reset the thing before the password took. Heck one of my cats were sneaky, in the sense that I'd have a coke or Pepsi with ice next ot the screen, and I'd be so focused on the screen that I'd nmever see my cat pull out an icecube and when she had done so, I'd take a drink of the coke or pepsi as if nothing happened.

Loved strraws too, loved playing with the things
                That's pleasantly naughty. I wish they did that.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

My cats regularly try to trip me up going down the stairs. I think they have some kind of competition with a points system going on.
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                    That's entirely possible. Hubby and son number one did much painting yesterday. Today I will work on the pantry door and door between the laundry room and kitchen out in the garage. Without water in the kitchen and laundry room, we are doing dishes in the upstairs bathroom.
                    In spite of the discomfort, I'll probably do more of the painting at some point. I didn't really mind the wallpaper stripping so much as the cleaning up of all the little paper pieces, along with the big strips of paper that got pulled off the wall. Some of that wallpaper seemed to have been put on with superglue.

I watch a lot of those home remodel shows on HGTV and like the looks of front doors that are painted red or blue or green, and would like to do that with mine, except that it's a metal door and I'm not sure how to paint something metal. The house is blue with white trim, so I'd likely paint the door a pretty blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                      My cats regularly try to trip me up going down the stairs. I think they have some kind of competition with a points system going on.
                      Mine love that. They also sit immediately when you tell them to move or try to move them.

Comment

After I got my cat and she decided she was being allowed to continue living with me (never any doubt on my side, mind you), she quit trying to trip me all the time.

I often think she understands words better than she lets on, because there will be many times when I ask her what she wants, and she'll start to walk away and when I follow her, she'll walk to her food dish or to the back door and wait for me to either feed her or open the door. One time she even walked over to her litter box and looked at it and then at me, and I realized I hadn't scooped out the "stuff" right away and she didn't want to get in it until I did.

And sometimes she'll just sit in the hallway and squawk at me until I come to see what she wants and then she'll walk over to the back door and wait for me to open it. She knows who the boss is around here ... and it isn't me.

Comment

Is it pirating music when I lug my mp3 player into m dad's computer and copy his music onto it? He told me not to, but my computer refuses to network to his music.

Either way, any recommend sites to download free music?

Comment

Same here. Tapping their nails on the door means it has to be opened, meowing and sitting on the floor next to me usually means the same but can be followed by "refill my water/food" or "open the door to the balcony". Long whiny meows mean food. And if I take too long getting up they'll tap my feet. If I don't get the food/water thing they'll take a couple of steps and look over their shoulder, silently inquiring why I'm not following them downstairs. And if they need regular attention they'll sit next to me expectantly and jump on my lap. Or, if I'm at my desk it'll be a tap on my leg or the chair to get to roll back a bit to make room for them to sit on my lap

WraithRichard, I'm not sure if we're allowed to mention those. I mentioned a site that hosts links to watching tv shows for free (which isn't illegal) and it was removed. And it depends on the country you live in, in some the downloading itself is illegal in others distributing is and others even taking it for your own use is illegal.
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

When I first got my kitty, and after she'd been here long enough to realize when I was supposed to get up in the morning, and I didn't, she'd get up on my bed, walk to the end of it, somehow manage to pull up the quilt until just the sheet was there, and then she'd bite my toes! Not too hard, mind you, but just enough to make sure I knew she meant I was supposed to get up. She hasn't done that in a long time. She has her own little bed on a container full of quilt fabric, which is on the floor next to my bed, and she's even started going to her bed around the time I usually go to bed, and if I don't come in right away, she'll actually come and get me. :rollseyes: Sometimes she'll get up on the bed and sleep next to me, and I discovered when she does that that she's a bit of a bed hog.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                WraithRichard, I'm not sure if we're allowed to mention those. I mentioned a site that hosts links to watching tv shows for free (which isn't illegal) and it was removed. And it depends on the country you live in, in some the downloading itself is illegal in others distributing is and others even taking it for your own use is illegal.
                                Ah. No biggie then.

I wish my cats would tell me what they wanted. They keep running into my room and screaming.

Comment

Working...
                                X