No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine aren't really all that spoilerish, to be honest. If you read them, you likely will neither have much of my story spoiled (if any) nor will you be terribly lost if you haven't read a single word of my fic.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
      *looks up at the last several posts*

Lots of spoilers there.

*sniffs*

Maybe it's time to clean out the quantum fridge.
      Yeah, get those fics out of the fridge and start reading them.
      Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
        Yeah, get those fics out of the fridge and start reading them.
        Dammit, GW won't let me green you for that!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
          It won't let anyone green me for what they want to green me for. Have you tried the free green thread? I solve my problem that way.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

I just haven't been there in a while. Gah!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

I don't use it regularly anymore, but it's always handy.

Comment

Why won't GW let you green in this thread? I can.

As for fics in the fridge?

*looks around*

None of mine are in there!
                Last edited by mathpiglet; 07 July 2011, 06:51 PM.
                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Help!
                  It's a trap!
                  Theres no why out of these spoiler tags!!!
                  Ok -THAT was hilarious, Choo! giggling here!

I greened Richard on your behalf! Gotcha covered!

BTW -I have really enjoyed the spoiler conversation going on...interesting stuff. SF -I need an eReader to download your fic on so I could read it like a book (you know...curled up in bed at night, rather than ignoring my family on the computer in the evening). I SWEAR I'm going to get to more reading...soon!
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                    Ok -THAT was hilarious, Choo! giggling here!

I greened Richard on your behalf! Gotcha covered!

BTW -I have really enjoyed the spoiler conversation going on...interesting stuff. SF -I need an eReader to download your fic on so I could read it like a book (you know...curled up in bed at night, rather than ignoring my family on the computer in the evening). I SWEAR I'm going to get to more reading...soon!
                    You need it for who? Because I don't know what an E-reader is.

Derp.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                      Why won't GW let you green in this thread? I can.
                      Not a matter of being in this thread. I just haven't spread enough green around to green certain people right now because I greened them too recently.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                        You need it for who? Because I don't know what an E-reader is.

Derp.
                        Translation: She needs a Kindle, a Nook or something similar so she can download my enormously wordy epic work of literature and read it that way, rather than online.

(Frankly, I don't blame her. At 120k words and growing, it can eat its share of computer time and then some. On the other hand, .mobi files can also be downloaded and read on various types of cellphones... hint, hint.)

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Not a matter of being in this thread. I just haven't spread enough green around to green certain people right now because I greened them too recently.
                          Ah. I misunderstood. You need to spread more green around.

Translation: She needs a Kindle, a Nook or something similar so she can download my enormously wordy epic work of literature and read it that way, rather than online.

(Frankly, I don't blame her. At 120k words and growing, it can eat its share of computer time and then some. On the other hand, .mobi files can also be downloaded and read on various types of cellphones... hint, hint.)
                          Prolific. (and I don't own a cell phone)
                          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I have no idea if ff.net helps or hinders or doesn't care about that. I can understand the desire to read fanfiction at night (or just in bed), but I wouldn't WTF of mine. BiAA or Manhood maybe, but WTF... I've already given someone a nightmare from one of my fanfictions.

Comment

I archive my work in four places right now: FF.net, Symbiotica, Archive of Our Own, and my own website. (The links to all of these are in my signature.)

AO3 (Archive of Our Own) offers readers the opportunity to download fics as EPUB, MOBI, PDF or HTML files. So if someone with an e-reader or another device (say an iPhone, iPad, iPod or an Android phone) capable of handling one of these file types wanted to download All That We Leave Behind there, they could, and then they could read it anywhere.

ATWLB isn't nightmare material at all. A couple of its characters have nightmares, but there isn't anything that should even remotely give the reader one.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

ATWLB isn't nightmare material at all. A couple of its characters have nightmares, but there isn't anything that should even remotely give the reader one.
                                Ah, the simple days, when I wrote... um... oh dear.

Comment

Working...
                                X