Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neela View Post
    So it's not unusual for there to be so many John/Rodney prompts?
    Nope, not at all unusual.

And as per last year, they get claimed the fastest and usually also twice if there's a second round of claiming. I didn't think my artwork was going to get claimed at all. I was already thinking about writing my own fic if all else was going to fail.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Are you pinch-hitting this year, or did you choose a prompt from the get-go?
      "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."
      Earth is gone, but Atlantis must survive... Apoca!fic. Post-Season 5. John/Sam.

Comment

Are you pinch-hitting this year, or did you choose a prompt from the get-go?
        No, I'm an artist only.

The last bigbang I did, I didn't finish the story. It's in fact still sitting on my hard drive waiting for a middle and an end.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          No, I'm an artist only.

The last bigbang I did, I didn't finish the story. It's in fact still sitting on my hard drive waiting for a middle and an end.
          Oh, that dratted middle and an end I've lost track of how many story beginnings I've got hidden away somewhere. Sometimes, though, I suddenly see a use for them in a different story and unabashedly insert them there. After all, I'll be the only one to know...
          "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."

Comment

I have a start and about one half of the middle, the other half is gonna have to wait a little longer cause I think my muse would be more eager to work on the WWII AU fic than on anything else.

Comment

I have a start and about one half of the middle, the other half is gonna have to wait a little longer cause I think my muse would be more eager to work on the WWII AU fic than on anything else.
              Oo, Stargate AU? That'd be interesting to read.

Comment

Oo, Stargate AU? That'd be interesting to read.
                I wrote a WWII AU as an entry to a challenge - can't quite remember what sort. And I kinda wanted to do more with it so I figured I could make it a much longer fic than the little piece I wrote (which is more or less the ending of the story).

Comment

While my computer recovers precious data from an external harddrive which is causing trouble -- and that's really annoying cause it's one of my archives -- I'm working on finishing my SGA Secret Santa fic.

Nearing 1K words... and it's all happy and warm, and festive.

Comment

Congratulations on the story, and hope the hard drive belches up everything it's supposed to unharmed.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

The story was finished, and has been beta'd.

And I recovered everything I still needed with success. Then I had to battle the Windows 10 update, which I won on my laptop but lost on my tablet. I was quite fond of Windows 8, instead I now have to deal with 10. I was going to download it eventually but on my terms, not Microsoft's.

Anyhoodle... it was a good weekend.

Comment

Ah yes, windows ten crapware >.<

My suggestion for anything related to that junk is to go to Bleeping Computer Forums {tell them Dragongirl sent you!} they'll give you step by step advice on returning your system to 8 {or seven whichever you prefer at the time}

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

My tablet had 8 and I really enjoyed it. May go back to it.

Managed to kick Windows 10 update off my Windows 7 laptop so that's a good start.

Comment

My tablet had 8 and I really enjoyed it. May go back to it.

Managed to kick Windows 10 update off my Windows 7 laptop so that's a good start.
                            I hate that MS thought I'd want 10, NO I dont! I got Seven Pro for a REASON! {its been out a while and everyone loves it and I wanted it to begin with!} 10 is still too new, and even though its free, slipping a 8GB package into my updates was a major no no. But either way I got the GWX Control Panel, and effectively remove the junk off my machine

The odd thing is that the old XP Home desktop we have in my parents house was not affected....

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                              ...slipping a 8GB package into my updates was a major no no. But either way I got the GWX Control Panel, and effectively remove the junk off my machine
                              It was 6Gb (minor detail) and yup got GWX as well.

For now I can live with it on my tablet - turned every setting off which could send reports to Microsoft though.

Comment

It was 6Gb (minor detail) and yup got GWX as well.

For now I can live with it on my tablet - turned every setting off which could send reports to Microsoft though.
                                For my machine it was an 8GB payload that apparently came in parts. But yeah, had to follow a step by step guid ro get the junk off my machine. Its gone now though

Comment

Working...
                                X