No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're a bad dancer ? HA! My dancing is so bad I have to kill the witnesses that see it!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Lol!!!!!!
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Not that I write for the sake of reviews, because I don't... but can I just admit to being really disappointed not to have received even one single review for my newest fanfic chapter, on any of the platforms where I publish it?

*cue sad trombone sound effect*

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
        sigpic
        now also appearing on DeviantArt
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
          Not that I write for the sake of reviews, because I don't... but can I just admit to being really disappointed not to have received even one single review for my newest fanfic chapter, on any of the platforms where I publish it?

*cue sad trombone sound effect*

You are not the only one, But personally I write because I personally enjoy writing, if others enjoy my work, that's a bonus, if those who enjoyed my work take the time to send a review, its an even better bonus for me; But like you I do not write to get reviews or input, I write because I enjoy it, and honestly, I too get let down when I dont get any reviews. Lately though I've been putting my latest stories {a Frozen fanfic, and two OUAT fanfics} onto fanfiction.net and only one of those stories {the Frozen fanfic} has any reviews {2} Though all three have at least six follows and faves each

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I get kudos on occasion.

Muse prefers reviews but oh well...
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I have a fic unrelated to Stargate that I'm quite happy with that has gotten zero reviews since I posted it on ff.net in 2013.

I did get some feedback on it from a forum, which was nice, but still. If I read something that hasn't been reviewed, I'm generally more inclined to do it just so the author knows someone out there has an opinion about it.

Comment

Okay, I have to admit... I'm completely digging Once Upon A Time. Started watching a week ago cause hell why not. I'm hooked.

Comment

I'm in that same place with Agents of Shield. Loving it.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                    I'm in that same place with Agents of Shield. Loving it.
                    Agent May rulz!

FitzSimmons is awesome!

Just sayin'...

Difference between Shield and OUAT is that I started watching Shield when it first aired, which I didn't do for OUAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Okay, I have to admit... I'm completely digging Once Upon A Time. Started watching a week ago cause hell why not. I'm hooked.
                      Killian Hook fangirl I take it ?

Or wait is that FanLEMMING ? *giggles*

For me I got sucked into Once because of Georgina Haig as Queen Elsa. I man come on, the animated movie Elsa was dropdead GORGEOUS, and then Georgina is cast for the part and Elsa just got 600% more beautiful and I was all "OK WATCHING THIS NOW!!" Got every possible screenshot with Elsa in it too!!!

Comment

Hello all,
                        Sorry I've not been on here for a while but 'Real Life' got in the way.

On the subject of SHIELD... I would love to have a QuinJet... With the 'optional extras'.

Writing news:
                        My DeviantArt account has had over 100,000 page views and I have gained a few watchers.
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                          Killian Hook fangirl I take it ?
                          LOL - no. He's hilarious, and I do like him. But I'm an Emma fangirl, and Snow White/Mary Margaret, and Evil Queen/Regina, and Red Ridinghood/Ruby, and Grumpy and ... yeah, basically everyone.

Or wait is that FanLEMMING ? *giggles*

For me I got sucked into Once because of Georgina Haig as Queen Elsa. I man come on, the animated movie Elsa was dropdead GORGEOUS, and then Georgina is cast for the part and Elsa just got 600% more beautiful and I was all "OK WATCHING THIS NOW!!" Got every possible screenshot with Elsa in it too!!!
                          I've only just started season 4 and only just met the Arendelle sisters, and they are great. I do miss an Olaf though.

But Cinderella at the cinema on Friday made up for that when they showed Frozen Fever before the movie. All those cute little snowmen sprouting from Elsa's sneezes. CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!

Comment

LOL - no. He's hilarious, and I do like him. But I'm an Emma fangirl, and Snow White/Mary Margaret, and Evil Queen/Regina, and Red Ridinghood/Ruby, and Grumpy and ... yeah, basically everyone.

I've only just started season 4 and only just met the Arendelle sisters, and they are great. I do miss an Olaf though.

But Cinderella at the cinema on Friday made up for that when they showed Frozen Fever before the movie. All those cute little snowmen sprouting from Elsa's sneezes. CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!
                            IKR!!! her sneezes were so frickin' CUTE too!! Each one a cute little "Achoo!" poof, up to seven snowgies!! Olaf named them all too!

Now, for me, Georgina Haig is perfect for the role of Elsa; when I saw the BTS shots of her in the dress, I fell in love with the show!

Comment

IKR!!! her sneezes were so frickin' CUTE too!! Each one a cute little "Achoo!" poof, up to seven snowgies!! Olaf named them all too!
                              They should make stuffed sneezies! I'd buy them all.

Comment

They should make stuffed sneezies! I'd buy them all.
                                The Snowgies ? Yeah they got them out, I think. I know for a fact I got Olaf, and want to get Marshmellow too!

Comment

Working...
                                X