Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
    My beta just gave me a plot bunny!

Must be Adopt-A-Pet week. Nobody ever sends me these memos in advance.
    I wish I had one of those.
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Humor for writers and readers. With cat![/URL]
      I figured it was time for another good laugh.
      Oh...that was just TOO good...

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
      *narrows eyes* .... i sense a trap ... ...she's trying to fatten us up .... I tell you one minute we're all happy and unmotivated the next WHAM! .... .... *takes pie*And yep, bit unmotivated atm. And it has nothing to do with the bahamas, a Orchestra in Trinidad or villians wiping out half the galaxy ...
      *whistles innocently while setting quantum snare in front of quantum fridge* Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

My beta just gave me a plot bunny!
      Must be Adopt-A-Pet week. Nobody ever sends me these memos in advance.
      1) Tell your Beta that it is mandatory to spay and/or neuter ALL plot bunnies to cut down on overpopulation. Plot bunny breeding programs are strictly monitored
      2) "I'm not gettin' my memos!" -Jack O'Neill.

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
      I wish I had one of those.
      A Beta or a plot bunny?? LOL
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
        A Beta or a plot bunny?? LOL
        Both.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Well, to be honest, he IS allowed to give me plot bunnies when they're good ones. This is definitely a good one.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
          sigpic
          now also appearing on DeviantArt
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Well, to be honest, he IS allowed to give me plot bunnies when they're good ones. This is definitely a good one.
            What's a bad plot bunny like?

And what's the good one you got?

Comment

bad plot bunnies grow claws and fangs under the light of the full moon....Oh, wait...that's werewolves.
              bad plot bunnies come out at night and try to drink you blood...oh...that's vampires.
              hummmmm...
              maybe they wear leather and ride motorcycles? No...no...that's Carter.
              or plot world domination?

Boy! It's late and I'm becoming irrational...time for bed.
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

All fluff and misbehavior that keeps me from making progress on my current work of fiction or anything related thereto.

Spoiler:
                A conversation between Jack and Frank to take place at some point after the events of ATWLB, and which will form a partly-serious, partly humorous insight into the nature of their friendship. Not sure which story in the series it will be part of, but it will definitely be useful!
                (Spoilertagged even though it barely even qualifies as a spoiler, because the only thing it spoils is something a blind man could see at midnight.)

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

All fluff and misbehavior that keeps me from making progress on my current work of fiction or anything related thereto.
                  Ah. Yeah, I got one of those. I need it for the next chapter (or the one after that) and it won't give me anything.

That and my titling plot bunny shot itself.

Spoiler:
                  A conversation between Jack and Frank to take place at some point after the events of ATWLB, and which will form a partly-serious, partly humorous insight into the nature of their friendship. Not sure which story in the series it will be part of, but it will definitely be useful!
                  (Spoilertagged even though it barely even qualifies as a spoiler, because the only thing it spoils is something a blind man could see at midnight.)
                  Yeah, I saw that one.

I tend to clone plot bunnies sometimes, but I don't think I can clone that one.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                    bad plot bunnies grow claws and fangs under the light of the full moon....Oh, wait...that's werewolves.
                    bad plot bunnies come out at night and try to drink you blood...oh...that's vampires.
                    hummmmm...
                    maybe they wear leather and ride motorcycles? No...no...that's Carter.
                    or plot world domination?

Boy! It's late and I'm becoming irrational...time for bed.
                    I suppose in the modern age: bad plot bunnies sparkle and talk in the first person
                    (Sorry, is that joke getting old? Well they did use to eat knights ... )
                    [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

A random thought just popped into my head: that it would be great if some of the fics that I read could be listened to instead, especially the ones I frequently re-read. I know that there's know way of it happening or whatever but I could get so much done around my place listening to the one of the 100k stories that I love instead of sitting around with my laptop... heck my place would be spotless - hehe

Anyways, just a really random, impractical thought that I apparently felt the need to share - you may now return to your regularly scheduled lives... *BEEP*
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Cort View Post
                        A random thought just popped into my head: that it would be great if some of the fics that I read could be listened to instead, especially the ones I frequently re-read. I know that there's know way of it happening or whatever but I could get so much done around my place listening to the one of the 100k stories that I love instead of sitting around with my laptop... heck my place would be spotless - hehe

Anyways, just a really random, impractical thought that I apparently felt the need to share - you may now return to your regularly scheduled lives... *BEEP*
                        Actually, having listened to a few of the Big Finish Stargate audio books, I find I really like the idea of fan-made Stargate audio stories. Cheaper and simpler than making whole fan films, but still very effective.

I suspect I'm going to be thinking about this for some time now...
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Get a text to speech reader with an improved voice beyond MS Sam. Some words may not come out all that right, but you'll be able to listen to the whole 'novel' quite easily.

Windows and OSX come with text to speech already, but crappy voices and bad pronounciation. spend a little and you'll get something much better.

My plot bunnies are the evil ones. It usually takes a beta and me a pair of chainsaws to cut them down to manageble sizes. :|
                          Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                          Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

If you're willing to shell out some money, NaturalReader is apparently a fairly decent piece of text-to-voice software, with multiple voices and the ability to record the output to MP3. I know some Fallout 3 mod makers use it if they can't get proper voice actors.
                            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Something tells me that there is entirely too much in ATWLB that relies on visual cues to the reader (*cough* conversations between Tok'ra and their hosts *cough*) to make it an effective audiobook, although the thought is certainly intriguing...

(If I ever tried to make any of my stories into audiobooks, I suspect I'd just read them aloud and create an mp3 file. I've done radio and I've acted, so with any luck it would sound all right.)

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

A little different, but if you like to listen to stories instead of music (like me), I've been listening to the "History of Rome" podcasts. There are currently 141+ 20 minute episodes free for download. He has a wonderful voice and it's fascinating.
                                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Working...
                                X