Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
    What year ?
    '65... I'm hunting a picture of it but my folks sort of suck at facebook...
    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Amara, why are you not on hangouts?
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Because I've been insanely busy and working on a deadline. It's too tempting to succumb to distraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
          It's a good day so far! Last weekend was my step-dad's birthday and next weekend is, of course, father's day. This weekend is the car show in the little town where my folks live and back-up dad has a classic mustang that's been missing a hubcap insert for quite some time. Guess who has two thumbs and just found a replacement? I get to be the hero and gain birthday and father's day brownie points. Woo-hoo!
          Nice!

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
          It's been a while since I've been here, but I'd like to announce that I've become a grandmother for the first time. She was born at the end of March and is absolutely adorable.
          Congrats!

I'll be sans internet from tomorrow morning (about 12 hours or so) until the next evening (Thursday), when we check in at the hotel. I think I may have withdrawal...
          sigpic
          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

*been reading the pet peeves thread*... is it bad that i have a almost blood thirst couple leading my group of "good guys"... and is it weird that my % of new oc would most likely be 60% women 40% men... i blame that on Buffy really
            I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
            My Stargate SG1/Starship Toopers (based on Mongoose Publishing work) crossover
            7th Fleet Lost
            http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...ssover.281314/
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9110517/1/7th-Fleet-Lost

Comment

Yes, and yes. I had to scrap my original idea despite many hours of research and outlining because no matter how hard I tried it just didn't feel right. So I scrapped it all and went all the way back to the drawing board. It was funny, actually, because after 2 months I'd mingled some of my own ideas together with the challenge. It wasn't until I went and read the challenge at the source that I realized the elements that were hanging me up were some of my original ideas of how to treat the challenge. Once all that was gone it was a matter of coming up with a new idea. Which, admittedly, was time consuming. But once I had just a tiny snipped of an image in my head the rest just started to flow. Don't get me wrong, there are a bunch of details I still need to work out, but I've got a plot!
              So...this is the point where I usually give up, throw a huge temper-fit and sulk under the blankets. I'm trying to learn lessons from the stories you share.
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

It's been a while since I've been here, but I'd like to announce that I've become a grandmother for the first time. She was born at the end of March and is absolutely adorable.
                *tackle hugs MP*

Congrats!!!
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

The hard part right now is figuing out when to write. I've had two very full days back to back (like up for work at 6:30 and then balls to the wall until about 9:30 or so between work, errands, dinner, exercise and the Awards). By the time I'm done, the very last thing on my mind is sitting down to write. I don't have any exercise commitments tomorrow so that's an hour I'll get back in my day. Perhaps I'll use that hour to try to catch up on three past due days of writing.

Comment

'65... I'm hunting a picture of it but my folks sort of suck at facebook...
                    Ah, so a pretty much right when it came out model I take it ? Personally I'm a '68 model year fan myself

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Congratulations MP...
                      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                      To thy own self... Be true
                      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Because I've been insanely busy and working on a deadline. It's too tempting to succumb to distraction.
                        Too bad. I wanted to talk about London...

~

I'm totally bored at work. It doesn't help that my two coworkers feel the same and it's hot in the office and everything is just... blah.
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          Too bad. I wanted to talk about London...

~

I'm totally bored at work. It doesn't help that my two coworkers feel the same and it's hot in the office and everything is just... blah.
                          London! Well, fwiw, I'm totally not going to make my deadline and will have to request and extension. So....turns out my self imposed exile wasn't even all that effective anyway.

Comment

Congrats to granny Mathpiglet!!
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

OOph...thanks Sara.

Thanks everyone. Falcon, in true European fashion, I'm an Oma!
                              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Falcon, in true European fashion, I'm an Oma!
                                Oh, cool!

Realizes Oma sounds pretty (The Netherlands) Dutch in English -- or that's just me.
                                For the record, this bizar notion was caused by me finishing the sentence with Desala, and then continued to say Oma. In Flemish, it goes more Oh-maa, contrary to Ow-maa.

Or I'm just overthinking it...
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X