Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
    Oh you mean 'the number of Avengers required is directly proportional to the severity of the situation while the animosity between Avengers is inversely proportional to the severity of the situation'?
    LOL.
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Oh you mean 'the number of Avengers required is directly proportional to the severity of the situation while the animosity between Avengers is inversely proportional to the severity of the situation'?
      This has me laughing every time I see it

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

On the subject of crossovers we touched on recently; I just want to mention here that I found a very well written starting story that crosses Disney's Frozen, with Assassin's Creed III. This story is well thought out, I like the premise, the idea of it, heck I simply just like the idea of some sort of stable foundation that Assassin's Creed brings to any story.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
          On the subject of crossovers we touched on recently; I just want to mention here that I found a very well written starting story that crosses Disney's Frozen, with Assassin's Creed III. This story is well thought out, I like the premise, the idea of it, heck I simply just like the idea of some sort of stable foundation that Assassin's Creed brings to any story.
          ... how...
          I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
          My Stargate SG1/Starship Toopers (based on Mongoose Publishing work) crossover
          7th Fleet Lost
          http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...ssover.281314/
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9110517/1/7th-Fleet-Lost

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
            Oh dear! Is that what I'm looking forward to? (I have a 16 year old).

Good points on the reliability.
            Indeed. As soon as the learner's permit becomes a license, the insurance goes up. But if your 16 year-old is female with good grades, you'll be in a better place than we were.

He told his dad finally. Dad congratulated him. That man keeps me guessing.

I read that a "Law of Avengers". O.o

Best wishes on some future peaceful writing.

Thank you! Here's hoping...

I'm not: I'm up in the mountains close to WV -but I would love to meet you and SF in person! My brother is in Wilmington: I keep convincing myself that I can stop by to see you guys on the way to see him.
            Well, if you ever take a trip to see your brother or head out to D.C., give us a ring.
            sigpic
            Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
            Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I just spent the last 5 hours plotting a story. Well, scrapping the plotting and research I already had done when it just wasn't working and then starting from scratch. It's now 3am. I'm tired but in that really good, creative elation sort of way. The hours just flew by and I didn't even realize how late it had gotten.

I'd missed having the time and space to be creative. This was really lovely.
              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                I knew it was a bird but for the life of me I couldn't tell you what it looked like (or even its name in Dutch ). For some reason, I manage to retain all kinds of useless information like this.
                Look up Famous Grouse.

It's a sad day when you know what an animal looks like because it appears on the front of a bottle of whiskey.

I'm picturing Joss Whedon brainstorming his script on a big whiteboard with that written in red in the corner.

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                I just spent the last 5 hours plotting a story. Well, scrapping the plotting and research I already had done when it just wasn't working and then starting from scratch. It's now 3am. I'm tired but in that really good, creative elation sort of way. The hours just flew by and I didn't even realize how late it had gotten.

5 hours? Wow. Nice! Are you plotting another fanfic?
                sigpic
                sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

For the QCC?
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Starship Trooper View Post

5 hours? Wow. Nice! Are you plotting another fanfic?
                    For the QCC?

Yes, and yes. I had to scrap my original idea despite many hours of research and outlining because no matter how hard I tried it just didn't feel right. So I scrapped it all and went all the way back to the drawing board. It was funny, actually, because after 2 months I'd mingled some of my own ideas together with the challenge. It wasn't until I went and read the challenge at the source that I realized the elements that were hanging me up were some of my original ideas of how to treat the challenge. Once all that was gone it was a matter of coming up with a new idea. Which, admittedly, was time consuming. But once I had just a tiny snipped of an image in my head the rest just started to flow. Don't get me wrong, there are a bunch of details I still need to work out, but I've got a plot!
                    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Yes, and yes. I had to scrap my original idea despite many hours of research and outlining because no matter how hard I tried it just didn't feel right. So I scrapped it all and went all the way back to the drawing board. It was funny, actually, because after 2 months I'd mingled some of my own ideas together with the challenge. It wasn't until I went and read the challenge at the source that I realized the elements that were hanging me up were some of my original ideas of how to treat the challenge. Once all that was gone it was a matter of coming up with a new idea. Which, admittedly, was time consuming. But once I had just a tiny snipped of an image in my head the rest just started to flow. Don't get me wrong, there are a bunch of details I still need to work out, but I've got a plot!
                      Excellent! I love it when I get to the plotting stage and all these great ideas just come to me. Looking forward to the end result!
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I've been plotting a story for the past two weeks.
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                          I've been plotting a story for the past two weeks.
                          Whoa, another one?! ö
                          On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Nice!
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                            Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I have a notebook for writing any plot ideas that come into my head.
                              It's pretty full.
                              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                              To thy own self... Be true
                              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Whoa, another one?! ö
                                Yes, another story. Titled Skyfall.
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X