Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
    *pops in*

Hey, everyone. I know I've been AWOL for about three weeks, but I'm back and I will manage to catch up somehow. On top of all the vehicle-related stress I was having, Roomie Dearest's laptop died so I've had to share mine... and Gateworld doesn't play all that well with my smartphone, but when I've had the laptop I've been mostly on Facebook talking to my friend in Maryland that I'm going to stay with while I get my feet under me, and we've been making plans and arrangements for all of that.

And it IS happening now. I don't have a drop of Irish blood, but I got some good luck Monday (St. Patrick's day). The warranty folks came through with about half the cost of replacing the engine in my Jeep. I have the other half now, so as of yesterday the engine's been ordered and I should have her back on the road in a couple of weeks. At that point I'll be able to get my you-know-what together and head for Annapolis. I still expect to wind up in Baltimore eventually as it's more affordable to live there, but my friend is just outside Annapolis and that's where I'll be staying at first.

Thanks to everyone who helped (you know who you are) and to everyone who has sent me good vibes on all this!
    *Snoopy dance of happiness*
    sigpic
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
      *pops in*

Hey, everyone. I know I've been AWOL for about three weeks, but I'm back and I will manage to catch up somehow. On top of all the vehicle-related stress I was having, Roomie Dearest's laptop died so I've had to share mine... and Gateworld doesn't play all that well with my smartphone, but when I've had the laptop I've been mostly on Facebook talking to my friend in Maryland that I'm going to stay with while I get my feet under me, and we've been making plans and arrangements for all of that.

And it IS happening now. I don't have a drop of Irish blood, but I got some good luck Monday (St. Patrick's day). The warranty folks came through with about half the cost of replacing the engine in my Jeep. I have the other half now, so as of yesterday the engine's been ordered and I should have her back on the road in a couple of weeks. At that point I'll be able to get my you-know-what together and head for Annapolis. I still expect to wind up in Baltimore eventually as it's more affordable to live there, but my friend is just outside Annapolis and that's where I'll be staying at first.

Thanks to everyone who helped (you know who you are) and to everyone who has sent me good vibes on all this!
      It's nice that you finally caught a break on this SF! Let's hope that you can ride the good luck train for a while to come!
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I have written 515 words in the last three days and I'm pretty sure I only like four of them.
        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
          I have written 515 words in the last three days and I'm pretty sure I only like four of them.
          Even George Carlin liked 7.................
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            Even George Carlin liked 7.................
            I like those too. Alas, GW does not...

Comment

So, does that mean you're stuck with 511 words you don't like?
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I like those too. Alas, GW does not...
                Speaking of those 7 words, how do people feel about using them in their stories?
                (if you don't know the 7 words, you can YT them, but I never sent you there............ )
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  So, does that mean you're stuck with 511 words you don't like?
                  Stuck with? Heavens no. But until I come up with some others to take their place, they're staying on the page.

Speaking of those 7 words, how do people feel about using them in their stories?
                  (if you don't know the 7 words, you can YT them, but I never sent you there............ )
                  Oh, I use those 7 plus some more...creative...options when the situation calls for it.

Comment

Back in High School I did an additional English course focussed on creative writing (year 11, so whatever you folks call that) and My teacher always told us that when writing our own stories any word is permissible so long as it suits the character and situation.
                    sigpic

Comment

Back in High School I did an additional English course focussed on creative writing (year 11, so whatever you folks call that) and My teacher always told us that when writing our own stories any word is permissible so long as it suits the character and situation.
                      Around these parts we call that Junior year.

And I agree with your teacher. Words are tools. Given the right situation, any could be useful.

Comment

And I agree with your teacher. Words are tools. Given the right situation, any could be useful.
                        Junior year? I was 17 at the time.
                        sigpic

Comment

We were never allowed to use those words even if they were in the proper context in high school. Probably because I went to Catholic school.
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                            We were never allowed to use those words even if they were in the proper context in high school. Probably because I went to Catholic school.
                            OH, even we got in trouble for using them in papers and English, my teacher was talking about our own work.
                            sigpic

Comment

Junior year? I was 17 at the time.
                              Well, we've got (in my Southern part of the US) Kindergarten (age 5-6), Elementary School (1st - 5th grades; ages 6-11), Middle School (6th - 8th grades; ages 11-14), and High School (9th-12th grades; ages 14-18). Naturally, there are outliers age wise because of being held back or promoted early. And the start of the school year doesn't coincide exactly with the cut off for birth dates so some kids can be something like 10 months younger than other kids in the same grade.

I was 16 during Junior year and, because my birthday is in July, that was pretty typical as I turned the "right" age just before school started each year.
                              Last edited by Amara D'Angeli; 19 March 2014, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                                OH, even we got in trouble for using them in papers and English, my teacher was talking about our own work.
                                We were allowed to use some (I'm a public school kid) but it wasn't to be gratuitous, and the softer words were the limit. I remember being in college the first time some one used the "F" word in a story and feeling scandalized.

Comment

Working...
                                X