Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to heat that, SF&C. {{HUGS}}
    sigpic
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
      Move turned into a bust for the moment, so I'm working another temp job while I regroup and figure out what my longer-range plans are.

Spoiler:
      I was going to house-sit for someone I thought was a friend, and that was the initial shape of the move... but we were going to have some overlap in our time at the house. Within four days of my arrival I'd been insulted multiple times and had enough, so I packed and left again, went back where I'd come from.
      Well, damn. But I think you did the right thing. Life has a way of presenting other opportunities. And if this one didn't work out, there was a reason for it.
      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Oh, that's a real shame for you, SF&C. But I agree with Amara, you've done the right thing, and I'm sure something that's more deserving for you will come along soon.

Fingers crossed for you.

Cate
        sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Awe I'm sorry to hear about that SF&C, hope things work out for you though.
          sigpic
          McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
          Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
          ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Please tell me the cure for Whovian fever.

I have an unanticipated case...I didn't even know that it was running rampant!!
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
              Please tell me the cure for Whovian fever.

I have an unanticipated case...I didn't even know that it was running rampant!!
              Only cure I figured out was to watch it until you get so bored of it that you want to watch something else.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

^^ You've made me want to find some 11/Rose fics now HAHA, I suddenly had an urge to search for them out of the blue. Not sure why, I'm also kinda tempted to attempt a Doctor Who/SGA crossover. I've actually thought about doing one before but....ah me and my crossovers HAHA. I'm addicted to them.

But yeah, you could have a bit of a marathon, maybe go back and watch from S1 or something and the 9th doctor.
                sigpic
                ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

I'm actually in the middle of my first-time watch: daughter and I started with 9th Doctor and we are up to the 4th episode of the 11th Doctor. Dangerously addictive.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                    I'm actually in the middle of my first-time watch: daughter and I started with 9th Doctor and we are up to the 4th episode of the 11th Doctor. Dangerously addictive.
                    It definitely is, I might have to read some 11 Doctor fics. But yes, it's very addictive I love that show.
                    sigpic
                    ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

They're talking about names over in Pet Peeves, but since the only things I had to say were OT, I'm bringing the conversation here.

My parents agreed when they married that all their children would have 4 letter first names, because they'd have 10 letter surnames. This was at a time when most forms only gave you 8 letters for your surname, so 10 was really long.

My brother's middle name is my Morfar's first name. Morfar & Mormor had two girls, so this was my parents way of keeping the name alive. My sister's older son also has Morfar's name for a middle name, which turned out well because my brother had two girls.

My older nephew is named for his Uncle (my BIL's brother). This has never been particularly confusing. Occasionally they were called Pete and Repeat; mostly, it's been Big Pete and Little Pete.

Where things did get confusing was that my mother, her only sister, and one of the cousins who lived next door when they were growing up all married men with the same first name. When we had reunions when I was a kid, it could get pretty confusing. My younger cousin once called my father "Uncle Daddy."

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                        They're talking about names over in Pet Peeves, but since the only things I had to say were OT, I'm bringing the conversation here.

My parents agreed when they married that all their children would have 4 letter first names, because they'd have 10 letter surnames. This was at a time when most forms only gave you 8 letters for your surname, so 10 was really long.

My brother's middle name is my Morfar's first name. Morfar & Mormor had two girls, so this was my parents way of keeping the name alive. My sister's older son also has Morfar's name for a middle name, which turned out well because my brother had two girls.
                        Morfar and Mormor... Danish? Swedish? (And I'm wondering whether I've asked you that before. Full Swedish descent here, though my family used the standard English 'grandpa' and 'grandma' on both sides when speaking English.) /language geek

My older nephew is named for his Uncle (my BIL's brother). This has never been particularly confusing. Occasionally they were called Pete and Repeat; mostly, it's been Big Pete and Little Pete.
                        Heh. Cute. We had sort of the same thing with some female cousins on my mom's side, resulting in there being a "Big Joanne" and "Little Joanne". It wasn't so much an age thing as a size thing: one was tall and the other short.

Where things did get confusing was that my mother, her only sister, and one of the cousins who lived next door when they were growing up all married men with the same first name. When we had reunions when I was a kid, it could get pretty confusing. My younger cousin once called my father "Uncle Daddy."
                        D'oh!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                        sigpic
                        now also appearing on DeviantArt
                        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Be glad that you have name people actually manage to remember. My first name has given me more grievance in that area than I care to admit, and it's not even that hard. It's a fairly unique name as it took me almost 20 years before I met someone else with the same name... but still, since I shortened it, the remembering of it has been going better.

However, in Dutch grammar when one puts -je behind a word, it's an indication it's a smaller size than normal, f.e. muis (mouse) - muisje (little mouse). I'm 5'10" tall - it's kinda ridiculous.

Anyway... I have three names. My first name followed by the female form of my godfather's first name, and my godmother's first name.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Be glad that you have name people actually manage to remember. My first name has given me more grievance in that area than I care to admit, and it's not even that hard. It's a fairly unique name as it took me almost 20 years before I met someone else with the same name... but still, since I shortened it, the remembering of it has been going better.

However, in Dutch grammar when one puts -je behind a word, it's an indication it's a smaller size than normal, f.e. muis (mouse) - muisje (little mouse). I'm 5'10" tall - it's kinda ridiculous.

Anyway... I have three names. My first name followed by the female form of my godfather's first name, and my godmother's first name.
                            Out of interest, if you don't mind saying, what is your name. I'm curious .

I LOVE ROGUE, I've just finished the second episode and I've gotta say I love it. I would have preferred not to have seen that cop naked lol, Kavan Smith on the other hand oh boy. But yeah, I quite like it.

My full initials is LAM and I've gotten Lamb Chop a couple times lol, even got Lamby once.
                            sigpic
                            ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post

Seaboe
                              >.<

(my laughing face -laughing so hard, my eyes are squinched shut!!)

Originally posted by Nikki Alexander View Post
                              My full initials is LAM and I've gotten Lamb Chop a couple times lol, even got Lamby once.
                              LOL!! you guys are killing me!

FH: I'm curious, too...but completely understand if you'd rather not say...
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki Alexander View Post
                                Can I call you "Doc"?

You know, as in Dr. Lam... the SGC... infirmary...

Oh, never mind. You get my drift.

P.S. Don't worry... I'm not really going to call you "Doc"!

Comment

Working...
                                X