Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    Last year at Steamcon in Seattle, a friend of mine noticed a man leaning against a pillar and thought he looked familiar--turned out it was David Tennant.

Seaboe
    My 15-yr old would have died! LOL
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I love this description for Whispers in S5, on IMDB. lol Especially the 'they also happen to be gorgeous...' bit.

Sheppard and Beckett battle zombie-like, wraith-engineered mutants with a team of the best and brightest female SG members. They also happen to be gorgeous - the SG team, not the mutants.
      Last edited by Nikki Alexander; 14 March 2013, 03:38 AM.
      sigpic
      McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
      Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
      ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki Alexander View Post
        I love this description for The Shrine in S5, on IMDB. lol Especially the 'they also happen to be gorgeous...' bit.

Sheppard and Beckett battle zombie-like, wraith-engineered mutants with a team of the best and brightest female SG members. They also happen to be gorgeous - the SG team, not the mutants.
        I saw that too, thought it hilarious

Onto a writing note: So much for hoping my muse was focused on a single story, now it is having me write notes for a Star Wars story that takes place during the later stages of the Fate of the Jedi series. I'm currently writing up character information sheets!! *facewalls* And here I wanted to finish Project One first before trying to write anything else

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

^ I got an idea for a bit of an emotional Shep one shot, which I'm kinda wanting to write now, even though I've not really started my other Atlantis fic which fits before it. But the idea is there in my head, so maybe I should write it now and then post it up later. So I know what it's like, I seem to be getting a lot of ideas lately.
          sigpic
          ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki Alexander View Post
            I love this description for The Shrine in S5, on IMDB. lol Especially the 'they also happen to be gorgeous...' bit.

That's not The Shrine - that's Whispers.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              That's not The Shrine - that's Whispers.
              I know, I realized that after I watched The Shrine, and then I watched Whispers, either I misread it for The Shrine or someone's made a mistake I don't know.
              sigpic
              ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

I hope you are all well. I haven't been online very much because of real life. Thankfully, they're mostly positive things. There's a very good likelihood that I will be moving in with my partner within 2-3 months. That and a better job market in the vicinity of the apartments we both looked at has made the possibilities look very wonderful. All of this has resulted in some good character development in my Doctor Who trilogy and one of the best speeches delivered by the characters.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                  I hope you are all well. I haven't been online very much because of real life. Thankfully, they're mostly positive things. There's a very good likelihood that I will be moving in with my partner within 2-3 months. That and a better job market in the vicinity of the apartments we both looked at has made the possibilities look very wonderful. All of this has resulted in some good character development in my Doctor Who trilogy and one of the best speeches delivered by the characters.
                  EXCELLENT *steeples fingers*

we've missed you, but I love to hear good news in RL for my watercooler friends.

*sets out oreo cookies & cream pie for all*

(I have just recently started watching Dr Who...and I am hooked. I started with the 9th Doctor and I'm almost to the 10th/11th regeneration.)
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                    EXCELLENT *steeples fingers*

we've missed you, but I love to hear good news in RL for my watercooler friends.

*sets out oreo cookies & cream pie for all*

(I have just recently started watching Dr Who...and I am hooked. I started with the 9th Doctor and I'm almost to the 10th/11th regeneration.)
                    Thank you. I haven't forgotten my commitment to my characters and to finishing their story. It happens to be the real life dynamics I'm experiencing now will add a new depth of sincerity to all four of the major characters.

Doctor Who started off innocently enough for me... and then rapidly developed into a full-blown obsession that, if anything, surpassed my interest in all other sci-fi shows. The Eleventh Doctor's adventures are by far my favorite.
                    sigpic

Comment

Memo to self: Self, keep muse away from Monster Truck rallies.... Swallowtail and Thunderstrike are both happy though.....

That HAS to be a bad sign......

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Motivation Dr Who style.jpg

CF: I found this and it is now my wallpaper.

One look at that serious face, and I drop my head in shame, close my browsing window, open my word document with a repentant "OK..."

>.<
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

That's a great image Sara! Though I do have to wonder after searching on Google for graphics with the same phrase... where are all the ones featuring women?! Guess I'll have to make myself one - to the Photoshop cave!
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I agree with Sealurk. That is a great image Sara.
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                              That's a great image Sara! Though I do have to wonder after searching on Google for graphics with the same phrase... where are all the ones featuring women?! Guess I'll have to make myself one - to the Photoshop cave!
                              LOL. Allons-y! Go forth and create.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

So I found an ad for an interesting job today, in the window of a shop while I was in town earlier. So I'm going to go back tomorrow and hand in a copy of my CV, it'd be working in the warehouse for this shop (sports/shoe shop) taking photo's of products and up-dating their ebay, and then picking stock I think. But I'm just worried it might not be there tomorrow, so I'm wondering whether I should go back into town and do it today....I might do that actually, better safe then sorry, and do it while I remember.
                                sigpic
                                ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X