Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
    Nikki that's just one of those 'little' jobs that always need doing. I've got some washing up to do when I get off shift. And then I've got to do my washing of my uniform etc.

Oh... And I also cook...!
    I had to change it this morning, due to waking up being all wet, my water bottle had leaked in my bed lol. But I always leave it to the last minute, and it's almost 1am and I've still not made it, so I guess I should go make it and get into bed because my room is like an ice box.
    sigpic
    McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
    Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
    ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki Alexander View Post
      Craptastic, I've gotta make my bed, but I really can't be bothered. Ugh...guess I'm gonna have to.
      Gah, you've just reminded me that I need to do the same.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

1 am... Oh Dark Hundred... 5 hours until the end of my shift.

Then it's home to bed for me...
        But I don't use a hot water bottle.
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
          Just had to share my excitement somewhere...saw two houses tonight that have "possibility" written all over them! And to make matters better, my mom's in town for a few weeks so I can drag her around with me to look. Nearly 30 years old and I still want my mama's input. If you'd have told me that when I was teenager I'd have told you you were crazy!
          >.<

It's really not any better when you are 40...er...something...

Craptastic, I've gotta make my bed, but I really can't be bothered. Ugh...guess I'm gonna have to.
          People still DO that???
          sigpic
          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

In my jaunt into watching Dr Who (and one episode of Torchwood), I'm noticing a lot of these shows are filmed in Cardiff.

Is there a fascination with Cardiff, or is it just a hub for movie makers (and television show makers) like Vancouver is for Stargate stuff?

UK people...any insight??

I really want to see Wales someday...and England, and Scotland...
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Well speaking as someone from the UK.
              I have a feeling it has something to do with money... And the fact that the BBC has been spreading it's units around the UK for the last few years. As they plan to close their TV centre in London.

But Cardiff is a great place to film in. It may become the UK's answer to Vancouver.
              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
              To thy own self... Be true
              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I'm not sure about why stuff seems to be filmed mostly in Cardiff, but I do know that parts of Scott & Bailey are filmed in Bury where I live, I keep seeing a film crew outside one of the buildings in town. And parts of the first Sherlock film were filmed in Manchester.
                sigpic
                ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                  In my jaunt into watching Dr Who (and one episode of Torchwood), I'm noticing a lot of these shows are filmed in Cardiff.

Is there a fascination with Cardiff, or is it just a hub for movie makers (and television show makers) like Vancouver is for Stargate stuff?
                  I don't know about any sort of fascination with Cardiff, though it really is a beautiful city. But I do know that the BBC has indeed got some studios there in which most of Doctor Who is being filmed, and well Torchwood was entirely set in Wales (and filmed there) - BBC Cymru.

If you ever get the chance to visit Wales or Cardiff, I say take it. I've been there twice now and it's absolutely magnificent. And it's also fun to walk around town and feel like the Torchwood team will pass you by at any second.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

^ I've been to Betws-y-Coed in Wales before, but I've never been to Cardiff, might have to try and go sometime. Actually I may have made a stop off in Cardiff on my way back from Bath the year before, but I was changing trains so I wasn't there long, or it could've been somewhere else. But yeah, I'd love to go.
                    sigpic
                    ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Yes, I got a new one a couple months ago because it was playing up, but now it's playing up again.
                      Sounds like it's the phone, not the battery.

As to conventions, I don't go to the ones directed specifically at shows, but I do go to general SF conventions. I've been to Worldcon twice, I go to Norwescon every year and this year I'll be at Westercon in Sacramento.

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

^ I've never been to one yet, but I have managed to meet Ben Mansfield from Primeval and get a photo with him and his autograph, so that's a start. I'm hoping to eventually add to that autograph and get more.
                        sigpic
                        ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          I don't know about any sort of fascination with Cardiff, though it really is a beautiful city. But I do know that the BBC has indeed got some studios there in which most of Doctor Who is being filmed, and well Torchwood was entirely set in Wales (and filmed there) - BBC Cymru.

If you ever get the chance to visit Wales or Cardiff, I say take it. I've been there twice now and it's absolutely magnificent. And it's also fun to walk around town and feel like the Torchwood team will pass you by at any second.
                          Oh, I definitely want to visit!

^ I've been to Betws-y-Coed in Wales before, but I've never been to Cardiff, might have to try and go sometime. Actually I may have made a stop off in Cardiff on my way back from Bath the year before, but I was changing trains so I wasn't there long, or it could've been somewhere else. But yeah, I'd love to go.
                          "Betws-y-Coed"... now that's a lovely name for a place.

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                          As to conventions, I don't go to the ones directed specifically at shows, but I do go to general SF conventions. I've been to Worldcon twice, I go to Norwescon every year and this year I'll be at Westercon in Sacramento.
                          I'm planning to attend at least part of Balticon this year, if I can swing it. Anybody on/near the US East Coast want to join me?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                          sigpic
                          now also appearing on DeviantArt
                          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

^ I've never been to one yet, but I have managed to meet Ben Mansfield from Primeval and get a photo with him and his autograph, so that's a start. I'm hoping to eventually add to that autograph and get more.
                            Ben Mansfield - that is so awesome!
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

^ Yeah, I went to see him in Henry VI Part 1 in Bath, and me and some friends waited outside the stage door for him. And he stopped and chatted to us, even though he had a long drive down to London and it was late, but I got his autograph and a couple of photo's.
                              sigpic
                              ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Last year at Steamcon in Seattle, a friend of mine noticed a man leaning against a pillar and thought he looked familiar--turned out it was David Tennant.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X