• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds about right...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So last night/early hours of this morning I was having a very cute dream about John and Sam, and then I wake up about 6am this morning to find I'm all wet, no I hadn't wet the bed HAHA, turns out my hot water bottle that I'd put in my bed to warm it, had leaked and my sheet and duvet were all wet, and I was wet as well. I've no idea when it leaked, but I wasn't impressed, but I can laugh about it. My mum made a joke that only men are supposed to have wet dreams lol.
      sigpic
      McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
      Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
      ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Damn it, my first day off since starting the job at the beginning of the month and I've got to go in for a five hour shift. What's more annoying is that I've just spent the whole morning working so I could have the rest of the day off!
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
          Damn it, my first day off since starting the job at the beginning of the month and I've got to go in for a five hour shift. What's more annoying is that I've just spent the whole morning working so I could have the rest of the day off!
          Oh dear, sorry to hear you have to work on your day off.
          sigpic
          ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Mmm... I can read 5 different books at the same time (which I'm currently doing) but writing 5 different chapters in the same story... nope, that's asking too much. I'm a linear writer.
            So am I. A writer I admire can write these wonderful scenes from all over the story and then link them up, so I tried that, but it didn't work for me. I have to start at the beginning and write through to the end (on one story at a time). I can, then, mess around with the order and plot, but not until it's all down on paper.

I'm not an outliner, though. The few times I've tried it seriously the story that came out at the end had very little to do with the outline. Oh, and if I work too hard planning the story, I lose interest before I get it written down. I had what I still think is a pretty good idea about dragons and fire-breathing bats, but never finished it.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
              So am I. A writer I admire can write these wonderful scenes from all over the story and then link them up, so I tried that, but it didn't work for me. I have to start at the beginning and write through to the end (on one story at a time). I can, then, mess around with the order and plot, but not until it's all down on paper.

I'm not an outliner, though. The few times I've tried it seriously the story that came out at the end had very little to do with the outline. Oh, and if I work too hard planning the story, I lose interest before I get it written down. I had what I still think is a pretty good idea about dragons and fire-breathing bats, but never finished it.

Seaboe
              This happened to me and it was the very last time I outlined a story for my own personal writing. I was in love with the idea I had. (Of course, in the middle of writing the story from the outline I also fell out of love with the show it was about and I'm sure that contributed to the halt on forward progress.)

Now that I'm writing screenplays, though, I find that the outlining is working for me. I get the story down and then I go back in and fill in the dialogue and action lines. I'm not sure why I can do it that way for a screenplay but can't for fiction. (Possibly because I have to do it in that order for a grade? Motivation is a beautiful thing!)
              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Roll on tomorrow morning...! As of 0600 I will be off work for 5 days...
                And I'll be attending a Comic Con being held in Birmingham England. And it will be my first.

Oh I've been to conventions. But this will be my first Comic Con.
                They've got some of the cast from 'Defiance' attending. I'm hoping to get some autographs that I'll be able to auction of for charity.
                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                To thy own self... Be true
                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                  Roll on tomorrow morning...! As of 0600 I will be off work for 5 days...
                  And I'll be attending a Comic Con being held in Birmingham England. And it will be my first.

Oh I've been to conventions. But this will be my first Comic Con.
                  They've got some of the cast from 'Defiance' attending. I'm hoping to get some autographs that I'll be able to auction of for charity.
                  As soon as I have a new job and I've saved up enough, I'm so going to a Comic Con and other conventions, I'm also getting a new phone, because my current one won't charge anymore, I can still switch it on, but it says the battery is low or empty and I try and charge it but it won't charge. Not to mention it periodically freezes on me. But yeah, I so want to go to a convention.
                  sigpic
                  ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

I've only been to a couple of the Chevron 7 events (7.5 and 7.6) but they were really great fun. I was seriously hoping to do Chevron 8 in Birmingham in a couple of months but I don't know that I can afford it.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki Alexander View Post
                      As soon as I have a new job and I've saved up enough, I'm so going to a Comic Con and other conventions, I'm also getting a new phone, because my current one won't charge anymore, I can still switch it on, but it says the battery is low or empty and I try and charge it but it won't charge. Not to mention it periodically freezes on me. But yeah, I so want to go to a convention.
                      Have you tried replacing the battery?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                      sigpic
                      now also appearing on DeviantArt
                      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                        Have you tried replacing the battery?
                        Yes, I got a new one a couple months ago because it was playing up, but now it's playing up again.
                        sigpic
                        ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Just had to share my excitement somewhere...saw two houses tonight that have "possibility" written all over them! And to make matters better, my mom's in town for a few weeks so I can drag her around with me to look. Nearly 30 years old and I still want my mama's input. If you'd have told me that when I was teenager I'd have told you you were crazy!
                          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

I took my mother to look at houses when I took the step of leaving the 'nest'.
                            And the result was my current home. Where I have lived for the last 19 years.

On the subject of conventions. The next convention I'm attending will be 'Serenity Forever' in September. It is going to be a Firefly and BSG event.

Comment

Craptastic, I've gotta make my bed, but I really can't be bothered. Ugh...guess I'm gonna have to.
                              sigpic
                              ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Nikki that's just one of those 'little' jobs that always need doing. I've got some washing up to do when I get off shift. And then I've got to do my washing of my uniform etc.

Oh... And I also cook...!

Comment

Working...
                                X