Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
    ::bounds into the room, bounces off several walls, skids to a stop in front of the cake counter and grabs a large slice of something chocolatey, then reaches into the quantum fridge for a bottle of champagne::
    All right, so in the middle of this entirely ridiculous thing that I call my life... wherein I am currently:

1. Prepping to relocate out of state,
    2. Prepping to take a different job temporarily and looking for a good permanent one in my new state,
    3. Tying up loose ends in aid of the first two items, and
    4. Waiting at the moment for a whole LOT of novocaine to wear off after having just come from the dentist (and I go back on Monday to have more work done, prior to driving to my new state on Tuesday)...

...and in which my Muse had largely deserted me over the past several months due to the general insanity of it all...

I have finally posted a new chapter to All That We Leave Behind!

Woohoo! Let the celebration commence!

::Grins and pops the cork on the champagne, then pours for all and sundry::

I saw that (the new chapter)...congrats!!!!
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

[I]

All right, so in the middle of this entirely ridiculous thing that I call my life... wherein I am currently:

1. Prepping to relocate out of state,
      2. Prepping to take a different job temporarily and looking for a good permanent one in my new state,
      3. Tying up loose ends in aid of the first two items, and
      4. Waiting at the moment for a whole LOT of novocaine to wear off after having just come from the dentist (and I go back on Monday to have more work done, prior to driving to my new state on Tuesday)...

...and in which my Muse had largely deserted me over the past several months due to the general insanity of it all...

I have finally posted a new chapter to All That We Leave Behind!

Woohoo! Let the celebration commence!

Holy smokes, you must love a challenge! That's a lot going on all at once! And congrats on getting a new chapter posted. I'm writing so slowly these days in the midst of my own crazy-like list that I'm not quite sure I remember what that feels like - but I remember liking it!

Originally posted by Nikki Alexander View Post
      FINISHED, I'VE FINALLY FINISHED.

Now I'm going to sort the order out and stuff and post it. But yay, I'm glad It's finished.
      Congrats!

So, on top of everything else going on (school, work, real estate shopping, and packing)... This weekend is 24-Hour Theatre. So stoked!
      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

^ Thanks, I'm now working on a new one because I had fun with the other one. This time it's for John/Sam.

Amara: Ooh sounds exciting, hope you have a good weekend.
        sigpic
        McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
        Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
        ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

I have just checked my duty roster at work. And I am off tomorrow (Friday). And I'm not back on shift until 0600 Sunday morning.

It's good to have a few days off work.

Hopefully I'll get some writing done. I had some thoughts about rewriting one of my W.I.P's.
          Or at least 'tweaking' it a little.
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
            Holy smokes, you must love a challenge! That's a lot going on all at once! And congrats on getting a new chapter posted.
            Thanks. I suppose I do love a challenge, come to think of it. Although sometimes I could stand for having things be a bit easier...

So, on top of everything else going on (school, work, real estate shopping, and packing)... This weekend is 24-Hour Theatre. So stoked!
            OMG, that sounds like an absolute blast! I've done some improv, largely in a historical-theatre context, and plan to enroll in a modern improv class once I've finished moving. I can't wait.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
            sigpic
            now also appearing on DeviantArt
            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I have to admit to enjoying a challenge.

Improv... :: Gulps :: The last time I did something like that I was at a Stargate/Sanctuary convention in 2011. There is a photo on my profile page.

But the last time I performed on a stage. I was at school, and that was about 26 years ago.
              And I think it was 'The Wizard of Oz'.

My current challenge is to get an autographed picture to be auctioned to raise money for 'McMillan Cancer Research'.
              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
              To thy own self... Be true
              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I'm not sure I could ever do improv - I'm the kind of person that doesn't think of the perfect thing to say until ten minutes later. But I do usually write a play for the 24 hour theatre and that's always fun. (And it's an excuse to drink the excessive amounts of coffee I always drink and pretend to feel bad about...)
                Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Weirdly, I'm stiff in a scripted play but terrific in improv. I did some in high school and again in law school (I played witnesses in mock trials). I think it's because I can think fast and have a good imagination, but when they're someone else's lines I start to worry about what I look like.

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I've done mock trials too. Always interesting. As for improv vs. scripted, sometimes in real life I also think of the perfect comeback ten minutes later, but a lot of the time I think pretty fast on my feet, especially verbally. My main reason for wanting to actually take an improv class is to improve my skills in that regard, both for performance situations and in real life. That'll feed back to what I do with the historical theater troupe, and I hope it will help me in general with being more comfortable so it improves my acting skills in general. (Though I'll likely take a regular acting class or two at some point as well. It's just that I've been doing rather more improv stuff lately than fully-scripted.)

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
                    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I'm awesome at improv, I pick up pointers from the King of Screwinguponstage!! Red Skelton himself! Which is good because Red is dang funny!

Red as Deadeye: "You were in the army ? what part ?"
                      Telly Selvas as Tex: *starts laughing*
                      Deadeye: "He musta been with USO he's laughing about it"

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I always loved Red Skelton.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

I always loved Red Skelton.
                          My adopted father got to drive Martha Raye, who was a frequent guest star on Reds show, around during the USO tour during the vietnam war, he said she was loads of fun! Which is true, because whenever she was on the Red Skelton Show with Red, she never could read the cue cards right and almost always screwed up their scenes together.

And personally I can't get enough of Reds contagious humor!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Any advice for writing torture scenes?
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                              Any advice for writing torture scenes?
                              What kind of torture are we talking about? The physical kind? Psychological kind? Wraith-kind?
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                What kind of torture are we talking about? The physical kind? Psychological kind? Wraith-kind?
                                Both physical and psychological torture. It's for my Sanctuary story.
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X