Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    You know I watch Strictly Come Dancing so a few weeks ago they showed Nicky Byrne (member of Westlife) keep a malteser in the air by blowing air through his lips and then catching it in his mouth... I've been tempted to try if I can do that too... I foresee lots and lots of failed attempts.
    Something like that I would only try on my bed or something, considering how delicious and expensive maltesers are and I would probably need more than a dozen times to get it right once... would be a shame of all those failed attempts and I can just see those maltesers rolling under the couch, bookcase, radiator etc. or my cat using it as a toy. If they fall on my bed I can still eat them.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Hey guys, a friend of mine found this t-shirt battle and I thought you guys might get a kick out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
        how has everyone been
        Absolutely swamped! Work and school have been busy and I've had social commitments up to my eyeballs. I haven't really been around here much in the last couple of weeks. And catching up on some of the other threads I frequent seemed so daunting I didn't even check the comparatively slower threads. I've absolutely GOT to get to work on my shipday fic but it's ben pretty low on the priority list lately. Yeah...I'm a little bit of in the weeds right now.
        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

I saw this in another thread and thought you would find it funny:

http://www.stargatefan.com/fandom/comic/feb25.html
          sigpic
          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            Something like that I would only try on my bed or something, considering how delicious and expensive maltesers are and I would probably need more than a dozen times to get it right once... would be a shame of all those failed attempts and I can just see those maltesers rolling under the couch, bookcase, radiator etc. or my cat using it as a toy. If they fall on my bed I can still eat them.
            Expensive? Wow... here in the US they aren't expensive at all. The most famous brand, Whoppers, sell for about $2 or less per 5-ounce box. That's enough for two people to share while watching a movie...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
            sigpic
            now also appearing on DeviantArt
            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Oh... and last night was the first I'd slept in a real bed in over a month.

Long story...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
              sigpic
              now also appearing on DeviantArt
              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                Expensive? Wow... here in the US they aren't expensive at all. The most famous brand, Whoppers, sell for about $2 or less per 5-ounce box. That's enough for two people to share while watching a movie...
                They're about €2.20 for 175 gram here which is ridiculously expensive, especially considering they were only about €1.60 or so a year or two ago.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                  Oh... and last night was the first I'd slept in a real bed in over a month.

Long story...
                  The details of which will be along when?

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  They're about €2.20 for 175 gram here which is ridiculously expensive, especially considering they were only about €1.60 or so a year or two ago.
                  Ah, the cost of popularity...

On a writey note, have been taking it easy since the end of NaNo. Finished ITB, then started a little Christmassy Lorne/Morgan (my OFC) story. That's it, though, so far. Hopefully, I'll get time to do a sprint tonight.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                  Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                    On a writey note, have been taking it easy since the end of NaNo. Finished ITB, then started a little Christmassy Lorne/Morgan (my OFC) story. That's it, though, so far. Hopefully, I'll get time to do a sprint tonight.
                    You're DONE???
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      You know I watch Strictly Come Dancing so a few weeks ago they showed Nicky Byrne (member of Westlife) keep a malteser in the air by blowing air through his lips and then catching it in his mouth... I've been tempted to try if I can do that too... I foresee lots and lots of failed attempts.
                      They used to show people doing this on the adverts for maltesers years ago - I remember me and my sister trying this when we were teenagers, which is oh... years ago..... So much fun though!

Comment

:: Beams a selection of Christmas themed cakes into the thread ::

I apologise for not posting sooner. But work has been keeping me very busy...
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                          You're DONE???

Indeed, I am. Check it out on AO3 or ff.net. Enjoy!

Just posted the final chapter of In the Blood.

AO3

ff.net

Hope you enjoy!

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...28m13s47-1.jpg
                          ETA: This doesn't mean that there can't or won't be a follow up story/follow up stories (like little one-shots or something), just that this particular story is over for now.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I feel like such a slacker. LOL
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                              I feel like such a slacker. LOL
                              For why? **hugs Sarah**
                              sigpic

Comment

For why? **hugs Sarah**
                                I haven't gotten very far AT ALL into my longish fic.

You're done with ITB, and SF is WAY into ATWLB.

*looks sternly at muse...*
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X