No announcement yet.

Fanfic Writers' Virtual Water Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like a fun weekend, i actually had a weekend off so i relaxed and cleaned around the house
    sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

Anyone have an extra invite for AO3?
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
        No, like I mentioned before I upload all my stuff now to deviantART. Sorry.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
          No, like I mentioned before I upload all my stuff now to deviantART. Sorry.
          That's okay; just putting out a general call for anyone with an invite for a friend. I'm already on AO3, but have no invites.
          sigpic
          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I thought I had one, but apparently I don't anymore...

I've written two ... yes, two... which is a lot for me these days... little ficlets last week, with a third in the making.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*smuggles Lemming some energy drinks*

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I've written two ... yes, two... which is a lot for me these days... little ficlets last week, with a third in the making.
                Thanks for checking!

Good on you on the ficlets. Now that NaNo is done, I'll be working on a couple of holiday-themed ones soon (just finishing an upload to AO3--the invite's for a friend).
                sigpic

Comment

I'm doing Sparky Advent again this year - got me two dates lined up and already in the planning stages for the winter/holiday fic I'm going to be writing. There's going to be lots of snow involved.

Comment

I'm merely doing editing work from November party hours. Oy, spell checking is easy, but checking for missing words/broken words {l ike thi s} is a pain

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      That's odd...I could have sworn I had one left, too. You think they've suspended invites for now??
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

They suspended the friend invites months ago (together with the search filters) to prevent those errors until they'd upgraded their servers and whatnot. However, the standard filters still aren't back yet (although you can use them) and I haven't been checking the AO3 news/updates lately so I have no idea if they've started handing out friend requests again. Last I heard the only way to get an invite was via the queue as it was fairer and that way they could regulate new traffic better.

~

I wanted to quit my donations to a couple of charities today and was surprised (and a bit frustrated) to find out I could only do so by downloading a 'letter', printing and posting it the old-fashioned way (or have an online organisation post one for me at €3). Of course, I hardly ever send cards/letters to people (my great aunt who doesn't have a computer comes to mind) but I still had a couple of envelopes lying around... only to find out I was one stamp short. So, I had to go out (again) in the rain to buy one stamp and knowing myself, I figured I should probably do it now and get wet again rather than plan to do it tomorrow and end up forgetting/postponing it. Since I felt bad at getting rained on (again) I figured I was allowed to buy myself some maltesers while I was there, as a treat and brain food for my writing.

When I got home I immediately went out to post the letters (again through the rain) before I forgot and then I settled in with a cup of tea and my maltesers... only for the packaging to be uncooperative, as that stupid tearing bit doesn't tear! Argh! I think it may be a way to prevent people from giving in to their cravings...

Good thing I've got scissors!

I was not going to make the same mistake I once did in high school with a pack of M&Ms that wouldn't open... until I used a bit of extra strength and they flew through the entire corridor, leaving me with less than a fourth of the actual contents and an angry janitor (my friends and I did split, as the bell had just rang and I so wasn't going to get roped into cleaning the entire hallway).
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, fems. I guess it is more fair to have everyone line up in the queue.

Glad you had your scissors! Hope you enjoyed your sweet (are they like malted milk balls?)
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't know what malted milk balls are but these are (regular) maltesers:

I got both regular and whites, because they taste even better if you have one of each in your mouth!
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Those look like malted milk balls. Chocolate candy wrapped around malt flavoring. YUM!!!

sigpic

Comment

You know I watch Strictly Come Dancing so a few weeks ago they showed Nicky Byrne (member of Westlife) keep a malteser in the air by blowing air through his lips and then catching it in his mouth... I've been tempted to try if I can do that too... I foresee lots and lots of failed attempts.

Comment

Working...
                                X