Clear All

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
    heh heh

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36206[/ATTACH]
    **Does Snoopy dance**

I am struggling with the idea of taking in another furbaby:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36208[/ATTACH]

The problem is that I have a 12 year old anxious female cat who may love it or hate it...rather a 'Schrodinger's cat' situation of my own. I just have to open the box, in a manner of speaking.
    I have an older one (4 months) in CT that you're welcome to. You'd just have to run up there and get her.
    sigpic
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
      I have an older one (4 months) in CT that you're welcome to. You'd just have to run up there and get her.
      LOL...no.

We decided to 'foster' and see how it goes. Here's what the 1st moment looked like:

The older *neurotic* cat (seriously...she's on daily anti-anxiety meds) sauntered into the bathroom (where kitten is in a large crate); she stops, turns & runs toward me (I'm still in the hallway) with the priceless look "What the h***?!" on her face.
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

LOL...no.

We decided to 'foster' and see how it goes. Here's what the 1st moment looked like:

The older *neurotic* cat (seriously...she's on daily anti-anxiety meds) sauntered into the bathroom (where kitten is in a large crate); she stops, turns & runs toward me (I'm still in the hallway) with the priceless look "What the h***?!" on her face.
        Ah yes, the typical "whattheslagisinmyhousenow ?!?!" kind of look. Yeah, I've dealt with that before. thankfully Shadow and Sir Black were over it within a few hours and the sisters and AR! my pirate kitty joined the family pretty smoothly!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

The best laid plans of mice and men... :: Gulps ::
          They tend to go FUBAR. I was due to go and see 'Twilight' last Tuesday. I didn't. My lady friend and I are going to see it this coming Tuesday instead...!
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
            The best laid plans of mice and men... :: Gulps ::
            They tend to go FUBAR. I was due to go and see 'Twilight' last Tuesday. I didn't. My lady friend and I are going to see it this coming Tuesday instead...!
            shall we begin a prayer vigil for you, brother Starfist???
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

shall we begin a prayer vigil for you, brother Starfist???
              A vigil...? For why Sister Sara?
              I may not be a fan of the Twilight franchise. But I will be having a night out with a friend. Fear not I shall not be converted.
              Besides, I am taking her to see the latest Star Trek film when it is released. Or the new GI-Joe movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                A vigil...? For why Sister Sara?
                I may not be a fan of the Twilight franchise. But I will be having a night out with a friend. Fear not I shall not be converted.
                Besides, I am taking her to see the latest Star Trek film when it is released. Or the new GI-Joe movie.
                Methinks this will prove to be the cure!
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Methinks this will prove to be the cure!
                  The thing is that I have not told her that this will be the case. Although I did say that she would 'owe' me one...
                  :: Cues Evil Laugh ::

Comment

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

But Hang on... :: Has slightly puzzled look ::
                      This could back fire... What if she ends up enjoying Star Trek or GI-Joe...?
                      Would that be a good or bad thing...?

Comment

That would make totally negate the "you owe me now"...

Comment

That seems logical.
                          But on the plus side... I would have something in common with her...

Comment

Good point.

Comment

But we already both like Stargate. In fact it is through Stargate that we first met.
                              She sees me as an older brother figure. So there is no romantic feeling between us.

Comment

This movie talk and lady friends reminds me of how the new Die Hard movie is coming up for Valentine's Day 2013. My mother believed Die Hard to be the least romantic franchise ever.

I promptly informed her that should I get a potential significant other between now and then, the quickest way to my heart will be to offer to go see Die Hard on Valentine's Day. Just sayin'. To heck with the froo froo mushy crap. Bruce Willis kicking the crap outta terrorists? Tugs on my heartstrings...

Comment

Working...
                                X